Downloading and Installing the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool like a Pro
For more than a decade, QuickBooks is considered one of the best accounting and bookkeeping software. QuickBooks brings in a large number of benefits, due to which medium-sized and small business largely depend upon this application. From handling the finances to generating invoices to managing inventory, this software has many powerful features. There is no doubt that QuickBooks is a great software for business organizations, but as it involves numerous codes and algorithms, users do face few errors or technical challenges. Such errors are known to affect the business operations and that’s why they need to be fixed at the earliest. This is the time, when the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool comes to your rescue.
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool has been designed by Intuit to manage all installation related errors within the QB software. This tool basically helps in fixing any errors while performing the installation or when you are trying to open QuickBooks desktop post the installation.
Today’s article will endow you with all the aspects related to QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. Thus, make sure to read the article carefully. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Our team will provide you with the best possible information in a single call.
Related article: What File types and extensions used by QuickBooks?
What is QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool has been designed to manage issues that come up during the installation of QuickBooks desktop. It also deals with issues that can happen due to .NET Framework, the MSXML and C++. The best thing about this tool is that it resolves the errors automatically. Downloading and running QBInstall tool can fix a lot of issues that can be experienced by the users while installing the accounting software.
Benefits of using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Once the diagnostic tool is installed in the system, it will automatically resolve all installation issues that existed. The benefits of using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool are as follows:
- It is very proficient tool
- QB install tool automatically detects the errors
- Least human intervention is required to troubleshoot various errors with QuickBooks install tool
It is also very beneficial in fixing errors like:
|Error code 1402, 1603||MS .NET Framework errors||MSXML damage errors|
|QuickBooks error 1935||Error 1903||Error 1334|
|Damaged C++ related errors||Error 15106||QuickBooks error 1722|
|QuickBooks Error 1904||ABS PDF driver errors||Error 1712|
|Unrecoverable Desktop Error in QuickBooks||Errors about verifying your subscription||QuickBooks have stopped working problem while opening QuickBooks|
Steps to Download, Install and Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Follow the below given steps in order to download, install and use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool:
- First, you have to go to the Intuit website to download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Once the prompt appears, you will have to save the QuickBooks install tool file to desktop
- Close all open programs on the PC and proceed further.
- Now you have to go to the download location and look for the QBinstall _tool_v2.exe file of QuickBooks install tool.
- Once you have found the QBinstall _tool_v2. .exe file double click on the start installation wizard
- When a license agreement appears on the window, click on the Yes button
- Click on the proceed button, to start with Scan process
- Once the scan is done, restart your computer.
- After you have to tool, you might have to register again your QuickBooks ID or activate it once more
- Also, you need to keep your Windows operating system up to date.
- Lastly, restart your system to save all the required changes.
Steps to Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
Well, QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can be used with much ease, by simply carrying out the steps discussed below. A few common issues like network troubles, data file bugs, etc, can be easily fixed with these steps. So, let us check out what those steps are:
Step 1: Make use of connection tab, for checking the general compatibility:
In order to check the system and evaluate it for QuickBooks compatibility, the user can feel free to use the connection tab. The user can also use it for configuring a new QuickBooks company data file.
Step 2: Authenticating Firewall status:
The QBInstall diagnostic tool will help the user in spotting the firewall associated bugs, by simply endowing the user will the required information regarding the system firewall. The user can also make use of it for fixing the issues that might be seen while installing QuickBooks.
Step 3: Viewing the network connectivity:
This tool is also used to explore the system connectivity. In case any issue is detected in the connectivity, the installation might stop in between.
Steps to Fix Installation Errors using QBInstall Diagnostic tool
QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool is a most useful tool that can troubleshoot various installation errors. You can use this tool to handle multiple errors and get an error free and smooth QB installation. Look at the below given Info-graphic image to understand how QBinstall Diagnostic tool resolves installation errors of QuickBooks Desktop:
Follow the given steps to troubleshoot common installation errors of QuickBooks:
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
This QuickBooks Tool Hub helps users to resolve all the common installation errors.
- Firstly you need to shut your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file from Intuit website.
- Save this file on your computer where you can easily find it.
- Once the file successfully downloaded open it.
Note: The file extension will be as (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- After that you need to follow the on-screen commands to install it.
- Click Next to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub finishes, open the tool hub by clicking twice on the icon.
Important: If you are unable to find out the icon from your desktop menu then search QuickBooks Tool Hub from the start menu and choose the program.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool using QB Tool Hub
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from desktop icon or do a search from Windows search.
- In the QuickBooks tool hub, choose Installation Issues from the list.
- After that choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option.
- Once you click on QBInstall tool it will start automatically.
- Now let the tool run.
Note: The whole process may take up to 20 minutes or more as per the system performance.
- Once the process finishes, reboot your computer.
Step 3: Update your Windows to latest release
- First of all, the user needs to update the latest version of Windows.
- And then, once the update process ends, make sure to restart the system.
- In case QuickBooks start along with any error, then the user is recommended to open the company file and start the work.
- However, if the QB installation is not completed properly, then make sure to install QuickBooks desktop once again.
Move on to step 4, if you can’t install and open QuickBooks.
Step 4: Fixing Windows components manually
When none of the steps work, it is recommended to go for fixing windows components manually.
Repairing or reinstalling Microsoft.Net Framework
Steps for Windows 10, 8.1, and 8
- To begin with, the user needs to close all the open programs.
- And then, open the Windows start menu.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to type Control Panel in to the search bar and click on the same.
- The next step in the process is to move to the Programs and Features option.
- And then, the user needs to click on Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, click on Turn Windows features on or off options.
- And the last step is to find enabled .Net Framework 3.5 with a on the list and you are good to go.
Repair Microsoft MSXML– Register the MSXML DLL files
- 64-Bit operating system
- The user needs to select the Windows start menu and then type in cmd.
- The next step is to right click cmd and then select Run as Administrator
- Moving ahead, the user needs to enter cd\windows\syswow64 at the C: prompt.
- The next step in the process is to type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and then press Enter key.
- After that the user needs to install QuickBooks desktop
Step 5: Using Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
To install QuickBooks desktop using selective startup mode, the user needs to carry out the steps below:
- First of all prepare the data.
- And then open the system in selective startup mode.
- After that the user needs to uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop.
- Lastly, switch back to Normal startup mode.
Carrying out the above steps might help the users in making the best out of QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. However, if you still have any query regarding the QBinstall Tool, then you can connect with the experts who provide 24X7 QuickBooks enterprise support services.
We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who strive to provide the best possible support round the clock to our clients. You can speak to our executives via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. We will be happy to help you!
You might also like these articles: