Learn what to do if you see QuickBooks error 1601, 1603 and 1642:
Came across QuickBooks error code 1601, 1603 and 1642 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry, as we have got some effective solutions for you. Read ahead, to unleash the causes and fixes to these issues. In majority of cases, the error 1601, 1603, and 1642 are seen when the user tries to update or install QuickBooks desktop in the system. These issues are accompanied by the following error messages:
Error 1601: Windows installer is not accessible
Error 1603: There was an issue installing Microsoft .NET Framework and Here the update installer encountered an internal error
Error 1642: This error installing Microsoft .Net Framework when installing the QuickBooks
These errors indicate that there is an issue with the install or update file you’re using, not your accounting data. In case you feel the error to be too confusing for you to handle, then you can simply speak to our accounting professionals via our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. And our experts and certified ProAdvisors will ensure to provide you with immediate support services.
You may also see: Fix QuickBooks error 6000, 816 when accessing to company file
Factors triggering QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642
A few of the common factors leading to these errors include the following:
- First cause can be if the Microsoft windows installer is damaged
- Also, if the QuickBooks installation is damaged somehow
- Setting up sources was damaged or corrupted
- The system is facing virus and malware attacks
- Firewall settings are now allowing QuickBooks to get updated
- The current windows user isn’t having the rights to install or update QuickBooks desktop
How to resolve QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642?
Now that you know the factors causing the issues, you are all set to implement the solutions and try to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1601, 1603 and 1642 issue. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
Solution 1: Reinstalling QuickBooks for Microsoft .NET framework
The very first method one can opt for is to reinstall QuickBooks for Microsoft .Net framework, and try fixing the issue. This particular method should be opted in case the user is getting an error while updating the QuickBooks software. A complete uninstall and renaming the folders would help, when existing source might be causing the issue. The steps to be followed in this are as follows:
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks desktop
- First of all, the user needs to press windows and R keys and open the run command
- After that, the user needs to look for the control panel and open it
- Followed by selecting the programs and features
- And also, select QuickBooks and click on uninstall/change tab
- The next step is to follow the onscreen prompts and complete uninstalling QuickBooks.
Step 2: Renaming the installation folders
For this, the user needs to simply use QuickBooks clean install tool to rename the folders or do it manually.
Step 3: Reinstalling the QuickBooks software
The user can download QuickBooks desktop from the official website of Intuit and install it on the system.
Solution 2: Reinstalling and repairing Microsoft .NET framework
The user can also reinstall and repair Microsoft .Net framework and try fixing these bugs. The steps to be followed here are:
Step 1: Running QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- For this, the user needs to download and install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the Intuit website
- After that close all open programs and double click on the QBInstall_tool_v2.exe to run it
- This might take a couple of minutes, so have patience
- Once the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool completes the diagnose process, the user needs to restart the system to ensure that the components are updated.
You can also download the QuickBooks tool hub program to use install diagnostic tool.
Step 2: Updating windows OS
- The user needs to press windows key
- And then, type in windows update in the search bar
- Also, select check for updates and you are good to go
Solution 3: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool
In case the user has encountered these issues while installing QuickBooks, then in that case the user can use the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps to be followed here are:
- The user will have to use QuickBooks file doctor tool and try to fix data corruption issues
- And also, install all available updates for the windows operating system
- And then, install all the updates for the windows drivers
- The user will also have to manually repair the .NET framework and try fixing the issue
The QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642 can be easily resolved, by carrying out the methods we have summarized above. However, if you continue to face the same error again and again, then simply ring up to our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787, and let them handle the errors for you without any further mess. Feel free to speak to our support team at we will be happy to help you.
Read these articles too: