Learn what to do if you see QuickBooks error 1601, 1603 and 1642:
Do you came across QuickBooks error code 1601, 1603 and 1642 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry, as we have got some effective solutions for you. In this article, you will learn the easy steps to fix QuickBooks error code 1601, 1603 and 1642. But before we proceed, let us tell you that if you are clueless about how to fix these errors –just read this article till the end. We have explained the causes and troubleshooting steps to fix these issues in an organized and easy-to-understand way. These errors, majorly, are seen when you try to update or install QuickBooks desktop in the system.
The following error messages appear when you receive this error:
Error 1601: Windows installer is not accessible
Error 1603: There was an issue installing Microsoft .NET Framework and Here the update installer encountered an internal error
Error 1642: This error installing Microsoft .Net Framework when installing the QuickBooks
These messages explain the prime reasons that may have triggered the upsetting QuickBooks error. The reasons primarily include the issues with the installation or update file you’re using and not your accounting data. You can perform the steps to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1601, 1603, and 1642 on your own. And if you have any query or trouble performing the troubleshooting error, you can reach our certified experts 24×7 at 1-800-761-1787.
You may also see: Fix QuickBooks error 6000, 816 when accessing to company file
Factors triggering QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642
A few of the common factors leading to these errors include the following:
- First cause can be if the Microsoft windows installer is damaged.
- Also, if the QuickBooks installation is damaged somehow.
- Setting up sources was damaged or corrupted.
- The system is facing virus and malware attacks.
- Firewall settings are now allowing QuickBooks to get updated.
- The current windows user isn’t having the rights to install or update QuickBooks desktop.
How to resolve QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642?
Now that you are aware of the facts that may cause QuickBooks error codes 1601, 1603, and 1642 – let’s explore the methods to fix them. You can try these troubleshooting steps in any sequence, but we suggest performing them in the provided order for the best results.
Solution 1: Disable Antivirus software
Disabling your antivirus software doesn’t take much time and it may help you with QuickBooks error 1601, 1603, or 1642. Here is how you can disable your antivirus program on a Microsoft computer.
- Press the Start key on the keyboard or the desktop screen.
- Go to Settings and then click Update & Security followed by Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection and Manage Settings/Virus & threat protection settings. Find “Real Time Protection” and turn that off. By doing this, you will still be able to run scheduled scans. This step may help you fix and avoid QuickBooks errors since files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned until the time next scan is scheduled or you do that manually.
Solution 2: Reinstalling QuickBooks for Microsoft .NET framework
The very first method one can opt for is to reinstall QuickBooks for Microsoft .Net framework, and try fixing the issue. This particular method should be opted in case you are getting an error while updating the QuickBooks software. A complete uninstall and renaming the folders would help, when existing source might be causing the issue. The steps to be followed in this are as follows:
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks desktop
- First of all, you need to press windows and R keys and open the run command.
- After that, look for the control panel and open it.
- Followed by selecting the programs and features.
- And also, choose QuickBooks and hit a click on uninstall/change tab.
- The final step is to follow the on-screen prompts and complete uninstalling QuickBooks.
Step 2: Renaming the installation folders
For this, simply use QuickBooks clean install tool to rename the folders or do it manually.
Step 3: Reinstalling the QuickBooks software
You can download QuickBooks desktop from the official website of Intuit and install it on the system.
Solution 3: Reinstalling and repairing Microsoft .NET framework
You can also reinstall and repair Microsoft .Net framework and try fixing these bugs. The steps to be followed here are:
Step 1: Running QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Firstly, you need to download and install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the Intuit website.
- After that close all open programs and double click on the QBInstall_tool_v2.exe to run it.
- This might take a couple of minutes, so have patience.
- Once the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool completes the diagnose process, you need to restart the system to ensure that the components are updated.
You can also download the QuickBooks tool hub program to use install diagnostic tool.
Step 2: Updating windows OS
- You need to press windows key.
- And then, type in windows update in the search bar.
- Also select check for updates and you are good to go.
Solution 4: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool
In case you have encountered these issues while installing QuickBooks, then in that case you can use the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps to be followed here are:
- You will have to use QuickBooks file doctor tool and try to fix data corruption issues.
- And also, install all available updates for the windows operating system.
- Now install all the updates for the windows drivers.
- You will also have to manually repair the .NET framework and try fixing the issue.
We hope that you find this article informative and helpful. You might face these QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642 even after following the above mentioned solutions. If the error still persists then feel free contact our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787.
With years of experience and innovative tools and technologies, we can help you to fix these errors as well as any other QuickBooks-related issues at the earliest.
Read these articles too: