QuickBooks is a pioneering accounting software that has helped numerous startups and businesses worldwide. It has a wide range of features that make the task of keeping records abundantly simple for everyone. This is one of the reasons as to why it is considered the most useful accounting and bookkeeping software for small and medium-sized businesses. But, like any other software, QuickBooks too crashes, slows down and receives errors. The good part is that Intuit offers some diagnostic and repair tools. In this blog post we will be discussing QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows. Further, you will learn why and how you can use it.
We recommend you read this article till the end to learn about all the facts related to the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. In case you have any queries or you need assistance, you can also consult our accounting professionals. Also, our QuickBooks desktop support team works round the clock to assist you with QuickBooks related issues.
You might also see: Fixation of QuickBooks error 80070057
What is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
QuickBooks is a diverse software, and it creates a lot of files and cache memory on your computer. QuickBooks Clean Install tool helps you completely uninstall this program and saves you time. The tool, therefore, also helps to fix many errors that we face while using QuickBooks. The following are some of the common instances when using this Clean Install Tool becomes necessary and resume using QuickBooks:
- At the time, QuickBooks keeps on showing Installation errors even after multiple installation attempts.
- When there is error pop up while a user on the network tries to open more than one company file simultaneously.
- When a simple re-install of QuickBooks Desktop software is not enough to clean all the errors and the previous ones keep on popping up.
What are the things to keep in mind before using QB Clean Install Tool?
You need to know how QuickBooks clean install tool functions. This tool completely cleans up files from the computers, and therefore it is necessary to create backups of the necessary files before running it. Also, the following is the list of some of the things that you should keep handy to ensure minimal data loss:
Backing up company files:
- Start by inserting a flash drive in the system for the backup.
- Next, Create the backup of the company files for this open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, go to File and then click on the Backup Company option, this will create a local backup.
- You can choose between the option of Local Backup or Online Backup as per your preference. Regardless it is safe to save files on Flash drive as it is a quick way to transfer files back.
- Once done, lastly click on Next and follow the instructions which are mentioned on the screen to complete the backup.
Keep Product and License number in check:
Once the QB software is uninstalled from the system you must have the Product and license number in order to log back in the software. So, ensure it beforehand that you have them. For this, simply clear F2 key or Press CTRL+1 keys to open Product information.
How to Install and Use QuickBooks Clean install tool for Windows?
In order to successfully complete a re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop, there are 3 steps that a user needs to complete. These are:
- Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
- Using QB Clean Install Tool for Windows
- Re-installing QuickBooks in the System
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
- To begin with, you need to click Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the RUN command and then type Control panel on the search bar, followed by clicking OK button.
- Now, go to Programs and Features and then click on the option of Uninstall a Program.
- After that, from the list of all the Software’s, click on QuickBooks Desktop and choose Uninstall, follow the procedure to complete this step.
Step 2: Using QB Clean Install Tool for Windows
In this step, you will have to rename the installation folders, which can be easily done with the help of QuickBooks clean install tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- At first, start with downloading QuickBooks Tools Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Followed by, moving to the file location where the download has been saved and install the program by following the on-screen installation.
- After that, click on ‘I Accept’ to complete the installation process and then open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Desktop.
- Here, click on Clean Install Tool after selecting Installation Issues.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks Desktop Version which was installed previously and click on Continue.
- After a while, the following message will appear on the screen ‘Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’, follow this by clicking on OK to complete this step.
In case you are unable to access QuickBooks at the time of renaming the folders, the steps can be followed are as follows:
- Launch the Windows task bar and then move to the Task Manager.
- After that, select the Processes tab and click on the image name column header.
- And then select exe, QBDBMgern.exe, qbw32.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, and then click on END.
- The next step is to click on Yes, when you will see any warning message on the screen.
Step 3: Re-installing QuickBooks in the System
- Insert the CD of QuickBooks Desktop and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the software is installed in the system, it will ask for the product and license number. So, enter the details just like they were mentioned in the system earlier.
- After entering the above information, follow the on-screen instructions to get the step completed.
- And then, hit Next.
- Also, select the type of installation and select Next > install.
- At the end of the process, you will be able to run QuickBooks.
Manually renaming QuickBooks desktop installation folders
The QuickBooks clean install tool is not compatible with windows 2020. Thus, in such a case, you might have to follow the steps below to rename the folders manually:
- Launch the Start menu and look for file explorer and open it.
- After that, look and open the folder having the company files.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Finds the folder and right click on the folder and select rename tab.
- Next, add old at the end of the folder name. This will help to prevent QuickBooks desktop from trying to open it when you re-installs it.
- Reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
In case you get the error message while renaming the folder “the access denied while renaming the folder“, then the steps below would help:
- You are supposed to click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager. You can also search the task manager in the Start menu bar.
- And then, open the processes tab.
- Followed by selecting the name column header to order the list.
- After that look for these in the processes tab QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and end these listed processes.
- In case you got the warning message: “Terminating a process can cause undesired results” and choose Yes tab.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
This is the complete process you as a user need to follow to Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using QuickBooks Clean install tool. If the error persists or you experience any other error after performing all the above-mentioned steps, contact our round-the-clock QuickBooks enterprise support team by dialing toll-free 1-800-761-1787.
With our certified professionals and cutting-edge tools, we offer quick and precise QuickBooks accounting solutions.
You might also read these articles: