Landing into technical difficulties while working in the QuickBooks software is quite common as the software involves complex algorithms. Most of the time these errors can be tackled easily by a simple reinstallation of the software. However, in certain instances, you might have to perform the complete clean installation process. This is where the QuickBooks clean install tool comes in handy. This article is going to brief you on the necessary information related to the QuickBooks clean install tool for windows, and furthermore shall apprise you of the right way to use it.
Thus, go through this segment carefully and get your Quickbooks issues sorted out by the use of the clean install tool. If you don’t want to invest your time in performing the set of steps manually, then in that case, connect with our tech geeks using our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks desktop support team operates round the clock to assist you with all the accounting-related issues.
You might also see: Fixation of QuickBooks error 80070057
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool: A brief overview
The QuickBooks Desktop software is a multifaceted application that creates many files in your system while overburdening the cache memory on your computer. QuickBooks Clean Install tool helps you completely uninstall this program and rectify any issues involved therein. The tool, therefore, assists in fixing several errors that you may face while using the QuickBooks software. The following are some of the common instances when using this Clean Install Tool becomes necessary:
- When the QuickBooks software keeps on showing Installation errors even after multiple installation attempts.
- When there is error pop up while a user on the network tries to open more than one company file simultaneously.
- When a simple re-install of QuickBooks Desktop software is not enough to clean all the errors and the previous ones keep on popping up.
Points to note before using the Clean Install Tool
Before using the tool, you need to know how the QuickBooks clean install tool functions. This tool completely cleans up files from the computers, and therefore it is necessary to create backups of the necessary files before running it. Furthermore, the following list contains some essential things that you should keep handy to ensure minimal data loss:
Back up your Company files:
- Initiate the process by inserting a flash drive into the system for the backup.
- Next, Create the backup of the company files. For this, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, head to File and then hit on the Backup Company option to Create a local backup.
- You can choose between the option of Local Backup or Online Backup as per your preference. Regardless it is safe to save files on Flash drive as it is a quick way to transfer files back.
- Once done, hit on Next and follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the backup.
Keep Product and License number in check:
Once the QuickBooks software gets uninstalled from the system, keep the Product and license number handy to log back into the software. So, ensure it beforehand that you have them. For this, simply hit on the F2 key or the CTRL+1 keys to launch the Product information window.
Steps to Install and Use Clean Install Tool in QuickBooks
In order to successfully complete the re-installation of the QuickBooks Desktop, there are 3 steps that a user needs to complete. These are:
- Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
- Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows
- Re-installing QuickBooks in your PC
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
The foremost step requires the uninstallation of the QuickBooks software. The steps for the same are given as under:
- To begin with, hit on the Win + R keys to launch the Run command. Afterward, type Control panel in the Search bar, followed by hitting on the OK button.
- Now, head to Programs and Features and then opt for the Uninstall a Program option.
- From the list of the installed programs, choose QuickBooks Desktop and hit on Uninstall.
- Subsequently, follow the on-screen directions to complete the uninstall process.
Step 2: Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows
In this step, you will have to Rename the installation folders, which can be easily done with the help of the QuickBooks clean install tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start with downloading QuickBooks Tools Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Follow it up by moving to the file location where the download is saved and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation process.
- Install the program by following the on-screen installation.
- Hit on ‘I Accept’ to complete the installation process and then open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Desktop.
- Here, click on Clean Install Tool after opting for the Installation Issues tab.
- Go for the QuickBooks Desktop Version installed previously and hit on Continue tab.
- After a while, the following message will appear on the screen ‘Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’. Follow this by hitting on OK to complete this step.
In case you are unable to access QuickBooks at the time of renaming the folders, the steps can be followed are as follows:
- Launch the Windows taskbar and then move to the Task Manager.
- Pick the Processes tab and hit on the Image name column header.
- Opt for Exe, QBDBMgern.exe, qbw32.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, and then click on END.
- The next step is to click on Yes, when you will see any warning message on the screen.
Step 3: Re-installing QuickBooks in your PC
This step demands a reinstallation of the QuickBooks desktop program on the system. Before you proceed, it is pertinent to keep a note of your product and license keys. Once done with that, you are good to go.
- Insert the CD of QuickBooks Desktop and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the software is installed in the system, it will ask for the Product and license number. Enter the credentials just as they were mentioned in the system earlier.
- After entering the above information, follow the on-screen instructions to get the step completed.
- Hit Next tab.
- Go for the type of installation and hit on Next, followed by choosing the Install tab.
- At the end of the process, you will be able to run QuickBooks.
Manually rename the QuickBooks Desktop Installation folders
The QuickBooks clean install tool is not compatible with windows 2020. Thus, in such a case, you might have to follow the steps below to rename the folders manually:
- Launch the Start menu and look for File explorer and open it.
- Look and open the Folder having the company files.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Search for the folder, followed by right-clicking on it. Subsequently, hit on the Rename tab.
- Next, include ‘.old’ at the end of the folder name. This will prevent the QuickBooks desktop from accessing this folder upon reinstallation.
- Afterward, Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software.
In case you get the error message while renaming the folder “The access denied while renaming the folder“, then the steps below would help:
- Hit on the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager. You can also search the task manager in the Start menu bar.
- Hit on the Processes tab.
- Choose the Name column header to order the list.
- After that look for the following QuickBooks-related processes in the processes tab: Qbw32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe. After choosing each of these processes, hit on the End Process tab.
- In case you got the warning message: “Terminating a process can cause undesired results” and choose Yes tab.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
Reinstalling the QuickBooks software for Windows by using the QuickBooks Clean install tool becomes a cakewalk, once you are well-versed with the measures to use the tool. If the error persists or you experience any other technical issue after performing all the above-mentioned steps, contact our round-the-clock QuickBooks enterprise support team using our dedicated helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
With our certified professionals and cutting-edge tools, we offer quick and precise QuickBooks accounting solutions. Our team is available 24/7 to listen to all your concerns and to get them rectified quickly. We offer unmatched and apt solutions to all your QuickBooks-related issues.
You might also read these articles: