Many times, QuickBooks users might come across an error message “My subscription payment failed” email. This basically indicates that you can’t charge the billing account for the subscription. There can be a couple of reasons that might cause these kinds of issues like the card on file got outdated, or invalid, or the card issuer might have declined the payment. Or while installing or updating the QuickBooks enterprise solutions, you might end up in the error message “Error: Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks desktop”. Or “Error: Sorry it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks desktop”. If you faces this error on a particular workstation and not on all the workstations, then it basically indicates an issue with windows user or third-party application blocking QuickBooks processes.
Another situation when you could face subscription issue can be, while trying to update the payroll to the latest tax table. In such case, you can face problem in verifying the payroll subscription. If you are facing any of these subscription errors in QuickBooks desktop, then reading this article ahead will help you in dealing with that with much ease. Moreover, we recommend you to consult a professional in case you have any query or for further technical assistance.
Read Also: How to Use QuickBooks Condense Data Utility?
Solutions for fixing the QuickBooks subscription error
If you ended up in QuickBooks desktop subscription has lapsed or expired, then do not worry. We will not let your company’s data get affected by this error, as here are a couple of solutions that you can implement.
Solution 1: Updating the billing information
If you have recently changed the business credit cards or accounts, then you just need to update the payment details for the subscription. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Firstly, Sign in the customer account management portal as an admin user.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks desktop from the products and services.
- Next, in the billing information section and then hit a click on edit.
- The next step is to update the payment information. Once done, choose save and close.
- Now open QuickBooks desktop.
- To end the process, visit the help menu and then hover over manage my license. After that select sync license data online.
Solution 2: Installing QuickBooks updates
Installing the latest, free updates for the version of QuickBooks desktop. This method often fixes the subscription errors. Not only this, but it also ensures that you have the latest features and fixes.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks desktop tool hub
At times, damaged windows file might prevent the QuickBooks desktop from connecting to the online services. The steps involved in the process of downloading and installing the QuickBooks tool hub are as follows:
- At first, open the QuickBooks desktop tool hub.
- And then choose the installation issues tab.
- Also, select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. This would fix any windows files that are required to run QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Restoring the product and license file
QuickBooks saves a file with the product and license info to the hard drive. In case there is an issue with it, the file is easy to restore:
- First step is to get the product and license info. In case you don’t have it on hand, then you can find it.
- After that, you need to close QuickBooks desktop.
- And then open the windows start menu.
- Now type run into the search box and then select run tab.
- The next step is to type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then hit enter. If this doesn’t open a folder and then enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead.
- Moving ahead, look for the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml. Also, right click it and also choose the delete option. And also, select Yes to confirm.
- Once done with that open QuickBooks desktop and the company file.
- And lastly, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to register QuickBooks again with the product and license information.
Solution 5: Checking the internet connection settings
In case you continues to see a subscription error, then you might need to change the internet connection settings in QuickBooks. Also, carry out the steps to check the internet connection settings, so that the QuickBooks software can connect to our online services.
Solution 6: Resetting the Internet explorer settings
- Open the internet explorer.
- And then, visit the tools menu and also select the internet option. Also, press the ALT key, if the menu bar is not showing.
- Next, select the reset or restore defaults tab from the advanced tab.
- And lastly, choose the apply and OK tab.
Solution 7: Manually disabling the firewall
In case none of the above methods worked for you, then you can manually disable the firewall or antivirus software. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, disable the firewall.
- And then, turn off the antivirus software. Also, note that at times the antivirus software cannot be disabled while other need certain rights to make changes.
- You need to locate the icon for the third-party antivirus in the system tray at the bottom right of the desktop screen.
- Also, hit a right click the icon and then opt for disable option.
- Lastly, install QuickBooks desktop or run the update again.
Solution 8: Installing the digital certificates
Steps to install certificates using Google chrome:
- At first, visit the https://ratable.qbdt.intuit.com.
- And then, from the address bar and then choose the padlock symbol.
- The next step is to choose the view certificates option.
- Also, in the certification path tab, and then choose the Symantec class 3 secure server CA- G4 item.
- Now, choose the view certificate option and then install certificate.
- Once done with that, you need to follow the default options to import.
- Once done, a window prompting successful import will appear on the screen, then hit OK button.
- Lastly, close the certificate windows and retry installing or updating.
Steps to install certificates using the internet explorer
You need to follow the onscreen instructions to complete the install and import.
- For this, visit the tools menu and then choose the internet options.
- After that, visit the content tab and then select the certificates option.
- Moving ahead, you need to visit the intermediate certification authorities tab.
- And then choose the Symantec class 3 server CA-G4.
- After that choose the view certificate and then click on install option.
- The last step is to retry installing or updating.
Problem in verifying the payroll subscription
As we mentioned earlier, you might face issue while trying to update the payroll tax table. This error might relate to verifying the payroll subscription. There can be a couple of factors leading to this issue:
- Inactive payroll subscription can be one common issue.
- Or more than one active payroll agreement with an inactive direct deposit agreement.
- You might also face this issue in case of data damage.
- Also, if the product is not updated, then this error might appear on the screen.
- Wrong employer identification number in the company file.
- Incorrect PSID in the company file.
- If the version of QuickBooks doesn’t support the version of windows.
- Or the status of the payroll subscription in the QuickBooks appears as Invalid number.
To resolve this issue, you can verify desktop payroll subscription. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- First of all, ensure that you have the latest QuickBooks desktop release and also downloaded the latest tax table release.
- Next, open payroll account management portal. After that close the page.
- And then, reboot the system.
- Followed by downloading the payroll update again.
- Lastly, reset the QuickBooks desktop update.
Also, the point to be noted here is that if you are using the direct deposit for the company file having this particular issue, then you can contact professionals.
In case the above steps failed to help you, then carry out the steps below, avoid using them in case you are running the direct deposit.
- You can open the payroll account management portal. And check if the payroll service shows active. Also, close the page.
This validates the payroll service online and also resolve the issue. Or perform a clean installation of QuickBooks in selective startup mode.
Subscription issues in QuickBooks desktop can be easily resolved by carrying out the steps we mentioned above. However, in case you continue to encounter the same issue again and again, then make sure to consult a professional right now by dialing our support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks payroll support experts will be more happy to help you.
Suggested reads for you: