Learn the process to troubleshoot QuickBooks error message 1334 when installing, updating, or repairing QuickBooks:
Often when performing tasks on QuickBooks accounting software, users might be disturbed by any of the following error messages indicating QuickBooks error code 1334.
Error 1334. Error writing to file [file name]. Verify that you have access to that directory.
Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.
You might be hit by such an error in case the current running program gets crashed. As a result of such an error, the system might freeze up or respond sluggishly to all the keyboard and mouse inputs. Moreover, during program installation, during windows startup or shutdown, such an error might be seen. It is very much important for users to keep a track of when and where the QuickBooks error code 1334 has occurred, as it would largely impact the troubleshooting steps.
If you are also facing any such error, then this piece of writing would surely be of must assistance to you. We have tried to put together almost every information related to QuickBooks error code 1334. Thus, stick to this post till the end, or you can also catch up with our U.S. based accounting professionals and they will provide you with immediate support services.
When does QuickBooks pro error 1334 occur?
There can be a handful of situations, when users might come across the QuickBooks error code 1334. This includes the following:
- At the time of starting windows.
- While shutting down windows.
- When QuickBooks installation is going on.
- Or when QuickBooks software is running.
Early signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 1334
Identifying the QuickBooks install error 1334 becomes easy with the help of below signs and symptoms. Let us have a look:
- In case the system freezes again and again.
- Or if the operating system runs pretty slow.
- You can also identify this error when the operating system isn’t responding slow to the inputs.
Triggers and fixes of QuickBooks error code 1334
There can be certain factors triggering the QuickBooks update error 1334, and also each factor has its respective solution. Let us explore the causes and fixes individually in detail:
Cause 1: Incomplete installation of QuickBooks
Solution: Clean installation of QuickBooks
- You can clean install QuickBooks desktop by uninstalling or reinstalling windows. This erases the unsaved data from computer’s hard drive and the system will be starting afresh.
- You can rather clean install windows to clean out all the junk and unnecessary log files accumulated on the system over the time from web surfing and other usage.
Similar article: Effective Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6143
Cause 2: Third party program maliciously deleted QB related files
Solution: Adding and removing program
You can add or remove program to fix the QuickBooks error code 1334. The steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
- Start off with pressing Windows key and type in MSconfig in the search bar.
- Head forward by selecting boot tab.
- Later, select safe boot option along with the network option.
- Moving ahead, click on OK tab and also hit restart tab.
- Furthermore, allow the system to start in safe mode.
- The programs selected to run will startup.
- Pay heed to the option to open and run QuickBooks software without any obstruction.
- Open QuickBooks desktop
- Hit a click on help tab
- Later, choose the update QuickBooks desktop tab and permit QuickBooks run updates.
- Head back to the start menu and enter MSconfig and deselect the safe mode.
- Reboot the system
- Open QuickBooks desktop and install updates.
End the process by allowing updates to occur and this would resolve the issue.
Cause 3: Corrupted windows registry
Solution: Manually troubleshoot the error
The steps for manually resolving the QuickBooks error 1334 are as follows:
- Kick start the process by logging in as admin to the system.
- Furthermore, choose accessories and programs and also opt for system tools and restore option respectively.
- Later, pick the option stating restore my PC with an earlier date and hit next.
- Move ahead by selecting a restoration point list and hit next.
- Choose next again and also pick the most recent system restore date within the verification screen.
- At last reboot the system after the repair.
Miscellaneous steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks installation error 1334
In case your QuickBooks error 1334 cause does not fall in any of the above factors, then you can carry out the below steps and try resolving the technical snag.
Repair or reinstall Microsoft .Net framework
On Windows 10, 8.1, and 8
- Under this, you will first have to close all open programs.
- Furthermore, open Windows start menu.
- And type in control panel into the search and open control panel.
- Head forward to programs and features.
- Along with that select uninstall a program and don’t worry you aren’t uninstalling anything.
- Choose turn windows features on or off.
- Look for .NET framework on the list.
- Moreover, check the settings for both .NET framework 4.5 and .NET framework 3.5 SP1.
Checking Net framework 4.5
In case the .Net framework 4.5 checkbox isn’t checked:
- You will have to choose the checkbox to turn on .NET framework 4.5.
- Or choose OK tab to save the changes
- Head forward by restarting the system.
In case the .Net framework 4.5 checkbox is already checked:
- In such a case, users should choose the checkbox to turn off .NET framework 4.5. Don’t turn it back on.
- Choose OK tab to save the changes
- Reboot the system
- When you have signed in back into windows, then follow the steps to turn on .NET framework 4.5 again.
Checking .NET framework 3.5 SP1
- Choose the checkbox to turn off .NET framework 3.5 SP1. Do not turn it back on.
- Furthermore, select OK to save changes.
- Reboot the system.
- When signed in back to windows, follow the steps to turn .NET framework 3.5 SP1 on again.
In case users identifies an error when turning .Net framework on or off, then reach out to an IT professional or Microsoft support team. This issue might be related to the operating system not QuickBooks.
You might see also: Troubleshooting ways for QuickBooks error code 1402
I hope you have got the right solution for this error. It is a pretty common error that should be resolved as soon as possible. Considering the need of the hour, we have tried to sum up all the necessary information in this segment. We believe that reading this article would have helped you in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 1334.
Whereas, if for some reason the error prolonged or if you are facing the same error repeatedly, then reach out to our QuickBooks enterprise customer service team of technically sound accounting experts using our support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We would be more than happy to help you.
Other helpful articles: