Learn the possible ways to Resolve error 12009 and other when downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates:
Stuck at QuickBooks payroll update error 12029 and don’t know what to do? Well, this is one of the most common situations that the QB users encounter. QuickBooks is one of the most compelling software, but the fact that it is prone to certain errors can’t be denied. While working on this software, users encounter various errors, which can be pretty much frustrating at times to tackle. One such error is error code 12029. This error can be seen, when the user tries to update the QuickBooks payroll software. There can be a plenty of factors that might lead to this error. Keeping all the factors in mind, we have come up with this article, where we are going to discuss the various causes, solutions, and other facts associated with this error. Thus, make sure to read this article carefully.
However, if you feel that tackling this error is too much for you, then do not waste much time, just ring up at our toll-free number 1(888)291-2294 and let our QuickBooks payroll experts and certified professionals fix the error for you.
What is QuickBooks error code 12029?
Well, before we find out what all things can be done to fix the bug, it is better to first get familiar with what this error code 12029 is all about. Basically, QuickBooks error code 12029 is a network time-out error, which denotes that the software is not getting an IP address and also the servers have a weak connection between them. This happens as the backend servers are unable to revert to QuickBooks within the allotted time interval. This kind of error might also pop-up on the screen, when the user makes an attempt to update QuickBooks desktop or payroll. As said before, there can be multiple possible reasons that might end up in this error code, a few of which are enlisted below.
Triggers to QuickBooks error code 12029
Now that we have explored the basic information regarding the QuickBooks error code 12029, it is now time to find out what leads to this error code. It should be noted that there are internal as well as external factors that might lead to this kind of error. Let us have a look at both of the causes one by one.
- The very first external cause of Error code 12029 is downloading the QuickBooks payroll update.
- Or, firewall or internet security obstructing QuickBooks from accessing the server can also be one of the external causes.
- Another cause can be if the default browser is not set a Internet explorer.
- If your internet plans have expired, then get ready to face this issue.
- Incorrect SSL settings.
- One of the most common internal cause behind this error can be that the QuickBooks software itself fails to connect to the internet.
- Or, if there are other connection issues in QuickBooks.
- Also, if the server is blocked, then this error code can be encountered.
- QuickBooks update timeout can also be one of the common internal causes.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 12029
There can be a plenty of methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 12029 that can be implanted by the QB users with much ease. Let us check out each of the methods one by one.
Method 1: Testing connectivity and settings
It should be noted that the Internet explorer is used by QuickBooks software to access the internet, which makes it important for the users to set the internet explorer as the default browser. Thus, the user needs to carry out the steps below:
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks software and then open the Microsoft IE
- And then visit the tools tab or press Alt Key
- The next step is to open the Internet options and spot the security tab
- Once done with that, the user needs to search for the globe symbol and then tap on the same in the security tab window
- The user needs to ensure that the security level is set to medium high
- Now, look for the connections tab
- And then if the dial up node is not used, select the never dial a connection. Or if the user uses the dial up node, then choose correct internet service provider
- Tap on OK and then move to the LAN settings
- Look for the automatically detect settings tab
- And then, look for the proxy server checkbox
- Hit OK and then move to the advanced tab
- After that select the restore advanced settings
- And then pick TLS 1.2 and hit OK button.
- End the process by closing internet explorer and rebooting the system
- First of all, download and run the TLS 1.2 utility
- And then, find out whether the is set as the default browser or not.
The point to be noted here is that, if the user is unable to access a secure website outside QuickBooks, then he/she might be needed consult a computer or IT expert.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123?
Method 2: Checking the security settings (Antivirus and Firewall)
In case the above method failed to work, it is recommended to determine whether another application is preventing the download or not. This issue might occur due to the antivirus or the firewall settings. As sometimes, the security software blocks the software from connecting to the server. In such a case, the user is required to check and fix the settings, so that they can favor the payroll update process in QuickBooks. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website.
- And then, save it somewhere on the desktop, followed by running the tool
- In the next step, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will automatically configure the firewall and open the ports.
- The last step in this process is to check whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Installing or updating QuickBooks desktop security certificate
- To begin with, the user needs to right click the QuickBooks icon, along with that click on the Properties option.
- Once done with that, click open file location under the shortcut tab and then hit OK button.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to right click the QuickBooks.exe file and then hit the Properties option.
- The next step in this process is to select the QuickBooks option from the list and click on the details option present under the digital signatures tab.
- After that, click on the View certificate option and then hit install certificate option from the general tab.
- Now, make sure to set the current user, as the store location, under the certificate import wizard window, followed by hitting Next.
- And then, the user needs to click on Next and finish option respectively.
- To end the process, click on OK tab, and you are good to go.
Method 4: Authenticate Internet Connectivity
- The first step in this process is to open Internet Explorer and then access any safe website such as www.google.com.
- After that, if the website is accessed without any issue, then only the user is recommended to carry out the steps below.
- The next step is to check the internet connection for any mis-configurations.
- Once done with that, the user is recommended to ensure that the time and date of the system are correct.
- And then, open the internet explorer, followed by clicking on Tools at the top, and then select the internet options.
- Now, the user is required to click on the Reset/Restore defaults, under the Advanced tab.
- After that, hit apply and OK options respectively.
- The last step is to run the update for QuickBooks desktop and payroll and then check the status of QuickBooks error 12029.
Read this also: How to rebuild and verify date in QuickBooks desktop?
Method 5: Open up windows in safe mode and the update
It should be noted that starting windows in safe mode can help the QB users in fixing the QuickBooks error 12029. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to press the Windows + I keys.
- And then, move to the update and security and then click on the same.
- The next step in the process is to click on the recovery option, followed by moving on to the Advanced startup.
- Now, make sure to carry out the instructions carefully and then select appropriately to reboot the system.
- During restarting the system, the user will witness an option to open the system in safe mode with networking.
- And to end the process, the user needs to check whether the error persists or not.
Method 6: Re-configure QuickBooks payroll and Reboot the updates
The user can reconfigure QuickBooks payroll and reboot the updates, if none of the other methods worked. The steps involved in here are:
- The user needs to unplug the wireless router or the internet switch and then wait for around 10 seconds
- After that, turn on the wireless router or internet switch and check the internet latency now
- The next step is to open the QuickBooks and then company file
- Once done with that press Ctrl + K keys from the keyboard
- Followed by clicking on edit option
- And then un-checking the open payroll setup
The user will have to wait till the process ends, and the payroll updates will continue on their own.
Alternate Solutions you can try
- Reset the QuickBooks updates and attempt to download and install the QuickBooks update, after restarting the system. Also ensure to open the company file in single user mode
- Reset the Internet explorer
- The user can also carry out a clean install of QuickBooks in selective startup mode.
These methods can be carried out, when none of the above methods worked in fixing the issue.
Professional guidance is just a call away!
This drive us to the end of the article, where we expect that after carrying out the above processes, the user will be able to fix the issue with much. However, if by any chance the QuickBooks error code 12029 continues to trouble you, then do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks error support professionals and certified experts.
We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who work round the clock to provide the assistance to QuickBooks users. You can contact us via our toll-free number i.e. 1(888)291-2294, and we will be happy to help you.
Similar articles you might like: