Learn how you can install QuickBooks desktop on your computer in four simple steps:
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software, which is used by a number of small as well as medium-sized organizations throughout the world. It offers users a simple yet powerful interface, which makes it easier for them to get the job of compiling all the necessary data done. Though, for someone who has never used QB desktop, it might appear as an issue when it comes to downloading and installing QuickBooks desktop on their device. So, in this article, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Desktop and we will thoroughly discuss the entire regime of Installing QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
Thus, make sure to read this blog post carefully till the end. Or an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team and get answers to all your queries instantly. Dialing our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, will surely help you in getting answers to all your doubts related to QuickBooks desktop installation. Thus, do not think much in contacting us today. We will be happy to help you!
Similar Article: How to Use QuickBooks auto data recovery (ADR) tool?
What is QuickBooks Desktop?
Accounting tools are the spine of any organization nowadays, as they offer great aid and freedom in terms of managing the data. QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most popular accounting software that offer a cloud-based subscription service. This means that the user can access the entire database from anywhere and anytime without any hassle whatsoever. The best part of QB desktop is that, it is a one-time purchase software which makes it highly productive and a great return on investment.
How to Download QuickBooks Desktop?
The process to download QuickBooks desktop is as follows:
- The user needs to download the appropriate installation file for the product and then jump onto the next step.
- After that, the user needs to visit downloads & updates page to get the download link for the version of QuickBooks purchased earlier.
- The ProAdvisors need to log in to the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Center to download the software
- Whereas, the accountants are supposed to log into CAMPS to download the software.
In order to download the installation file, the steps to be followed are as follows:
- The user needs to pick the country, product and the version from downloads and updates page. In case the user is unaware of the version he/she is currently using, then he/she can read out the related article.
- After that click on the download option.
Downloading the QuickBooks via CD
- The user can eject the CD drive and place the QuickBooks software CD into it
- And then, after the CD has been inserted, then the QuickBooks installer will automatically open up
- After that, a dialog box will appear on the screen with a start tab and then the user will have to right click on it and select the explorer tab
- The next step is to move to the folder list in the explorer screen and select QuickBooks CD
- The last step is to launch the QuickBooks installer, and hit the setup.exe file
Process to Install QuickBooks Desktop (A Quick User Guide)
Check out the below given video in order to Install the QuickBooks desktop on your computer:
Here is a detailed explanation for the process of Install QuickBooks Desktop. These steps are supposed to be followed only after the user has pre-downloaded all the necessary files related to QuickBooks. So, let’s get started:
Step #1: Prepare for the Installation
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the device you are going to install QuickBooks Desktop on meets all the system requirements.
- As you already have the files downloaded for QuickBooks Installation, make sure to save it on the device where you can easily find them.
- Ensure that you have the important installation details on hand such as Product key and License number.
Step #2: Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the folder where you have downloaded all the files and search for QuickBooks.exe file.
- Double click on the above-mentioned file and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have read the software license agreement, click on the Next button.
- Now, Enter the Product key and License number as per your purchase of the software. Follow it by clicking on Next.
Step #3: Selection of the Installation type
There are 2 Installation options from which you will have to choose the one which fits your needs perfectly. Following are the options and the functions that they are useful for:
1. Express Install
This method of installation is suitable for users that are:
- First-time users of QuickBooks Desktop
- Users who are reinstalling QuickBooks
- Users who are going to use the software on just this computer and will not be a part of any network.
- Click on Express option and then follow it by clicking on Next
- Now, Select Install, once the installation is finished, select Open QuickBooks to get started.
2. Custom and Network Install
This method of Installation is suitable for users that are:
- Hosting company file on a server
- Users who are setting up a multi-user network
- Users who are Installing QB Desktop on a server rather than the respective device
- Start with clicking on Custom and Network Option and follow it by clicking on Next button.
- Now, Select the option that describes the best usage of QuickBooks as per your preference.
- On this screen, select the Change the Install Location option. Click on Browse to select the folder where you want to put your QuickBooks files.
- Click on Next which will initiate the Installation, once done, select Open QuickBooks to get started.
You may also read: Steps to perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop for Windows
Step #4: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
Once you have successfully installed QuickBooks desktop, you should activate it before getting started. QuickBooks will prompt you to activate, but you can also activate it manually with these steps.
- At first, open your QuickBooks desktop and press the F2 key on the keyboard
- From the Help menu, choose Activate QuickBooks desktop option.
- The user can open the product information window and then verify the registration status and the license number
- In case the status is showing activated, then you are set
- Or if the status shows not activated, then select OK tab to close the product information window
- And then, move to the help menu and select activate QuickBooks tab
- Now you will need to update the software and active in case the process is required.
- Simply download or update the latest version of QuickBooks desktop to complete the Activation process.
Once you complete all the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to use QuickBooks Desktop on your device. It is important for all the users to make sure that they follow the steps in an orderly fashion to ensure that the QB installation process does not crash mid-way.
In case, you are facing errors or any other issue regarding the installation of QuickBooks desktop even after following these steps in the right order, you can contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. We will provide you with complete assistance regarding whatever issue you are facing.
Other helpful articles: