Use these 8 troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
QuickBooks, being one of the world’s leading accounting software, offers a whole lot of benefits to its users. However, there are a handful of errors and bugs that keep popping up from time to time and bother the users. The errors in the software can be caused due to a variety of factors, such as network issues and damaged files. Among these errors, one of the most common ones that a lot of users encounter is the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. This article is going to talk about the error, its symptoms and ways to troubleshoot it.
However, an alternative to this can be to get in touch with our certified professionals and experts, who can help you in fixing the issue with much ease. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and our QuickBooks error support team will be there to assist you.
You might also like: How to correct cache amount for QuickBooks enterprise solutions?
What is QuickBooks Unrecoverable error?
When a user tries to open a QuickBooks file and the software cannot reach to the asked file, it displays an error message which reads, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close”. Apart from the message, the error pops up carries anyone of the 50 unique numeric error codes which are 10 digits long in a “5 digits space 5-digits” sequence. The QuickBooks unrecoverable error indicates that the accounting software has experienced the critical application fault. These error codes can be seen when the user opens up the company file or while clicking on save, print, or ship icon, at the top of the transaction.
When unrecoverable error occurs, you may see ‘critical application fault‘ message or following error message on your screen:
Note: XXXXX denotes one of the unrecoverable error code
List of Common Unrecoverable Errors in QuickBooks
These are a few of the relevant factors that might lead to the QuickBooks unrecoverable errors and also the codes that might be seen along with it. As a consequence of the random nature of the errors, the error codes or the number might differ from the actual ones. The list attached below is not inclusive, rather you might stumble upon some other errors as well, which might differ from the aforementioned scenarios.
|13730 84631||19758 63847||02457 79428|
|20888 41171||00227 55008||00000 14775|
|15563 13890||13824 75582||00551 46274|
|00000 15204||20103 33023||31197 00540|
When Unrecoverable error occurs in QuickBooks desktop?
Following are the circumstances when the unrecoverable error occurs:-
- At the time Running Verify or Rebuild utility
- At the time of using the Open Previous Company feature
- While Saving a transaction or a record
- When downloading a payroll update/upgrade
- At the time of Sending payroll via Direct Deposit
- While creating a company file or a backup
- At the time of opening any window in QuickBooks (Home Page, Company Snapshot, Reports, Transaction)
- While trying to closing any open window in a company file
In which condition unrecoverable error generally occurs:
- Unrecoverable error when opening a QuickBooks Desktop file on a workstation
- While printing, emailing or saving as PDF out of QuickBooks Desktop
- When Chaining target or Unrecoverable Error when running Rebuild utility
- When writing checks with QuickBooks Online Bill Pay
- While importing Accountant’s Changes
- When there is a data damage on your company file
- when performing a bank reconciliation or viewing previous reconciliation reports
Read this also: How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 15215?
What causes Unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks Desktop?
Following are the reasons that cause QuickBooks Unrecoverable error on your computer system:
- The error occurs in case a QuickBooks component is damaged or corrupted.
- You computer might have issues
- Power outages can also be a decent cause as it damages the files which are being worked upon.
- It can occur if a network blip occurs while a user is logged in to QB Company file.
- Unrecoverable error can also be caused due to a network issue.
- If there are missing Windows or QuickBooks updates
- Issues with data Integrity with QB Company file can also cause this error.
- There is a damage to your data or your program code needs a repairing.
What are the symptoms related to QuickBooks Unrecoverable error?
It is important that a user understands all the symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable error. This will help them to identify quickly as well as come to a decent solution in time before the further loss in productivity happens. So, here are the symptoms that are related to QB Unrecoverable error:
- QB desktop window gets crashed
- QuickBooks Desktop crashes as soon as opening it
- Update progress freezes up randomly or does not complete in hours
- QuickBooks Desktop freezes and thus, a user is unable to work
- User will be unable to save the transactions in the company file
- QuickBooks desktop will not get an update on the software
- The software will crash while doing some specific task
- User will be unable to find a saved transaction on the company file
How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
There are a handful of solutions that a user can go through in order to fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error swiftly. They will have to go through each of the processes thoroughly as once the user it through all the solutions they will be able to completely get rid of the root of this error. So, make sure that you follow these methods in an orderly manner:
Solution #1: Stop QuickBooks Desktop from opening all Windows at the startup
- For this, start by press the Alt key and double click on the QuickBooks icon
- After that, once the system shows up a dialogue box, release the alt key and type the password of the account which is logged in
- Now, press OK button and once the application is launched tap on the ALT key again
- Lastly, leave the ALT key to complete the process.
Note: When the QuickBooks application launches, you need to close all the background apps, windows by simply click on close all Windows option from within the application.
Solution #2: Copy the company file to your Desktop
- In this, start with opening the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- Use the locate option to find the file with .qbw extension
- Copy this file and then move to the desktop where you will have to paste the file.
- Now, Press the CTRL key and start the application, it will show the following message ‘No Company Open’.
- Finally, click on Open, and browse the file where you have pasted the company file.
Solution #3: Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop (only if the above 2 solutions are not helping)
- Access the Reboot.exe in order to re-register QB objects in the Windows
- After that, the user will have to manually repair the installed Microsoft.net framework.
- Once done, the user will have to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on the device. It is recommended that the user should update the QuickBooks software to the very latest version.
- Now, initiate the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool in order to repair all the damaged files and components.
Related article: QuickBooks abort error and it’s troubleshooting
Solution #4: Suppress the QuickBooks desktop
Step 1: To start with, suppress the desktop while starting QuickBooks
- First of all, you need to Press and hold the Ctrl key
- And then double tap the QuickBooks application icon
- After that, again press the Ctrl key, till the No company open window appears on the screen
Step 2: The user is then required to suppress the desktop while opening up a company file
- Choose the desired company file from the No company open window
- Once done with that, press and hold the Alt key, and also select the open icon
- Move ahead, release the Alt key, if you are redirected to the login details, and then type in the login credentials
- The point to be noted here is that, if you are not directed to the login page, then make sure to continue to press the Alt key
- And then, the user needs to press the Alt key, followed by clicking the OK tab. The user needs to ensure that the Alt key is not released till the time the file opens up completely.
Solution #5: Use QuickBooks component repair tool
- The very first step in this process is to download and install the QuickBooks component repair tool
- After that, the user needs to run the tool and carry out the Wizard instructions till the end
- The next step is to Update windows and reboot the system
- The last step is to make an attempt to open the program to check, whether it works or not.
Solution #6: Creating a new windows admin
On Windows 8 as well as 7:
- The first step is to press Windows + R keys, in order to open the Run window
- After that, enter the Control Panel, and select OK icon
- Followed by selecting the User accounts tab, and after that hit the manage another account tab
- The next step is to select the create new account tab, and then enter the name of the new account
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for Administrator tab, along with that hit the create account tab.
On Windows 8.1
- For windows 8.1, the user needs to move to the Run window, and then press Windows + R key
- After that, type in control panel and later select the OK option
- The next step in the process is to hit the user accounts tab, and then manage another account tab, also hit other accounts tab option, along with the add an account tab.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to sign in without a Microsoft account, followed by selecting the local account tab
- After that, the user needs to enter the username, password, & password hint, also select the next button.
- The user will then be redirected to the manage other accounts window, and then he/she is supposed to select the freshly built account, and then hit the edit icon
- Coming to the end, select the admin tab.
- And lastly, hit OK icon
On Windows 10
- The very first step is to click on the Start menu, and then move to the Settings tab. Along wit that, opt for the accounts tab, followed by clicking on the family and other users tab.
- After that, the user needs to click on the Add someone else to this computer icon, under the other users icon.
- The next step in the process is to select the I do not have this person’s sign-in info icon. Also, click on the Add a user without Microsoft Account info.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to type-in the name of the new account, followed by selecting the finish icon.
- The point to be noted here is that, the user need to appoint a password to the new account in order to ensure security.
- The next step is to select the recently produced account, followed by selecting the Account type tab.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to select the administrator tab and then hit OK icon.
Solution #7: Identify the number of users affected
The user needs to recognize the number of users that are influenced by using different login credentials, in order to open the similar company file. In case the error occurs in a specific user, that the credentials are damaged, in such a case, make sure to recreate the user. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Condition 1: Regular individual is damaged
- The user needs to begin with selecting the set up users and passwords tab.
- Followed by, selecting set up users tab
- The next step is for the Enterprise users: In the company menu, then select the users option.
- And then, click on set up customers and roles icon.
- After that, hit Add user icon, and then enter the user name along with password. Hit next icon.
- Also, make sure to avoid using the damaged user name.
- The next step is to customize the customer as required, followed by clicking on finish icon.
- And then, in the file menu, the user needs to select the close company/logoff option.
- The last step is to sign-in the QuickBooks company file using the new log-in credentials.
Condition 2: Admin user damaged
- In this case, the user needs to download the QuickBooks tools hub.
Note: The tool hub is a set of multiple tools of QuickBooks. It can help a user to resolve all the common errors. Ensure that your QuickBooks is closed before using the tool.
- From the tool hub, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- File doctor tool will auto detect the issue and resolve it on its own.
Solution #8: Use QuickBooks Auto Data recovery
You can use QuickBooks auto data recovery method to restore your damaged or deleted QuickBooks backup files. This method can help you to resolve unrecoverable error.
Solution #9: Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and run Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: First of all download and install QuickBooks Tool hub
The QuickBooks tool hub is usually used for getting rid of various annoying errors. It is highly recommended to use Tool hub program on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks
- It is recommended to download the most recent version (18.104.22.168) of the QuickBooks tool hub. The user needs to save the file where it can be easily accessed. It should be noted that, if you have already installed tool hub, then you can look for the version and then select the home tab. It will display on the bottom right or you can select the about to view the version.
- The next step is to open the file which was downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- After that carry out the onscreen instructions and then install and agree to the terms and conditions
- Once the install finishes, the user needs to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
Step 2: Run quick fix my program from the tool hub
The Quick fix my program will shut down any of the open background processes that are been used by the QuickBooks software. This will run a quick repair on the program.
- For this method, the user needs to select the program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub
- After that choose the quick fix my program
- And then start QuickBooks desktop and then open the data file
The solutions provided in this post shall assist you in fixing the QuickBooks unrecoverable error on your device. In case the issue persists, even after trying all the solutions mentioned herein, then you can call our 24*7 QuickBooks enterprise support team. Our experts can be accessible through our dedicated helpline number i.e. 1.888.383.0323.
Interesting reads you may like: