Ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 12152 like a Pro
For the past few years, QuickBooks by Intuit has become one of the most reliable accounting and bookkeeping software. For being packed with many compelling features, the small and medium-sized companies heavily depend on it. The best thing is that it is elementary to use, and users can easily find any guide regarding the software on the internet or seek assistance from the QuickBooks support team.
Like any other software, QuickBooks is not immune to errors or technical glitches. A common error faced by users is QuickBooks error code 12152, related to internet connection settings. QuickBooks cannot connect with the server if the internet connection settings are misconfigured, which in turn doesn’t allow the software to update.
You should first check whether the internet is working or not instead of starting with the different solutions to fix this problem. In this article, we will discuss all facts associated with the QuickBooks update error code 12152. However, if you are seeking for expert’s help, then you can simply ring up a call at 1-800-761-1787. We will help you to fix the bug for you within no time.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks error 12152?
Before arriving at the causes and solutions to this error, let us delve in and brief you about the QuickBooks error 12152. According to the experts, this error code is encountered chiefly when issues with the Internet connection settings exist. Any technical intricacy in the internet connection settings distorts the connection between the software and the servers. It ultimately ends up with issues in updating the software. There can be a handful of factors causing such an error. So, we recommend you to continue reading this article till the end.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 12152?
The QuickBooks update error 12152 can trigger due to a myriad of reasons. The most common ones listed below need more attention:
- Mis-configured internet settings.
- Conforming to an older version of QuickBooks, especially QuickBooks desktop 2014 or earlier.
- License data not identified by QB software
- There might be a problem with the API keys of Windows
- Your PC infected by a severe virus or malware
- Issues with the software installation.
- Problems associated with your Windows Registry files.
- Your PC abruptly switched off due to a power cut.
- Inadvertent removal of important QuickBooks file(s).
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 12152
Identifying the QuickBooks error code 12152 becomes easy, with the help of the below-mentioned signs and symptoms.
- In case you are not able to update the QuickBooks software.
- Or your computer keeps on freezing every now and then.
- QuickBooks window crashes very often can be another symptom.
- Error Code 12152 displays on the screen.
- Your computer takes your commands slowly.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 12152
Are you feeling exasperated due to the recurring occurrence of the QuickBooks Error Code 12152? If yes, then make sure to go through this article till the end as it entails all the information that you need to fix the error.
Solution 1: Uninstall/Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
In case the above methods fail to work for you, then in that case, uninstall or reinstall the QuickBooks desktop and try resolving the issue. Conform to the following steps:
- At the first, uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Afterward, download the same again from the official Intuit website.
- Now, Install the QuickBooks software and launch it.
- Choose the Scan option and wait for the process to conclude.
- Some errors will display on the screen.
- Now, choose the Repair all option.
Now, see if you are still getting error code 12152.
Solution 2: Restore your PC
The next viable solution is to restore the PC. Restoring the system can work in fixing the error to a great extent. Follow the below-given directions:
- initially, reboot your PC.
- Now, Log in to the system by using Windows admin credentials.
- Hit the Start menu located on the bottom left of the screen.
- In the search bar, type ‘System Restore.’
- Now, search for the option that states Restore computer to a previous time and date.
- After this, you have to choose the above option, and then go to the Next button and hit a click on it.
- From the list of restore points, go for the latest one.
- Now, confirm your choice by once again hitting on the Next button.
- Finally, wait for the restoration process to finish. Reboot your PC subsequently.
Solution 3: Verify your system’s date and time
The very first solution that one can opt for is to verify the system date and time. Follow the directions provided as follows:
- First, check if the Date and Time of your PC are correct on your system.
- If it isn’t correct, then go bottom right of your system.
- Next, place the cursor on the time and right-click on it.
- Subsequently, choose the Change date/time option.
- Now, restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- Check if the error got wiped off.
If you are Windows 10 user then follow the below-given steps:
- The first step requires you to proceed to Settings and click on Time & language
- After that head to the Date & time option.
- To set the current time, choose the Set time automatically option.
- In the Time zone section, enter the correct time zone.
- If the daylight saving time applies to your time zone, just enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option.
Solution 4: Do changes to the Internet Options
Another solution can be to check the working condition of the internet of your system. As many times, internet options might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, head to the Start menu.
- After that type Control panel in the search field. Afterward, hit the Enter key.
- Now, the Control panel opens.
- In this window, search for the Internet Options.
- After this, choose Internet Options.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and click on it to open its window.
- Lastly, choose the Advance reset option.
- Check if the QuickBooks error 12152 is appearing or not.
Solution 5: Use the Registry Editor
Any changes to the Windows Registry should be done by some expert and not by yourself. This is because if anything goes wrong while making changes to the registry, your computer might stop working.
- Initially, go to the Start menu.
- In the search field, type the word – Command.
- Press together the CTRL and Shift keys and hit Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now you will see a User Account dialogue box on the screen.
- After that hit a click on the Yes button.
- Once done, the command prompt window will show up with a blinking cursor.
- Now, type the word – regedit.
- Afterward, hit the Enter key.
- Choose the key that is related to QuickBooks error 12152 in the registry editors like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Now, choose the Export option in the File menu.
- You have to store the Google Chrome or IE backup key in a folder.
- Provide the folder with some names and choose the Selected branch.
- After this hit a click on the Save button.
- Lastly, verify that the file is saved as a .reg file.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 1321?
Through the solutions mentioned above, you can quickly resolve the QuickBooks error 12152. However, if the problem still appears on your software, you must connect with the QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will guide you with quick and relevant solutions to your problems or queries. So, do not hesitate to contact our support team, as we will be happy to help you!
You might also like: