Ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 12152 like a Pro
For the past few years, QuickBooks by Intuit has become one of the most reliable accounting and bookkeeping software. For being packed with many effective features, the small and medium sized companies heavily depend on it. Right from managing finances to handling inventories and to payments, this application does it all for the users in a short span of time. The best thing is that it is very easy to use, and users can easily find any kind of guide regarding the software on the internet or seek assistance from QuickBooks support team.
Just like any other software, QuickBooks is not immune to errors or technical glitches. At times the errors can be easily handled by the users and sometimes they would require professional help to fix the issue. A common error faced by users is QuickBooks error code 12152 , which is related to internet connection settings. QuickBooks is not able to connect with the server if the internet connection settings is mis-configured and that’s why the software cannot be updated. You should first check whether the internet is working or not, instead of starting with the different solutions to fix error 12152.
In today’s article, we are going to discuss all facts associated with the QuickBooks error code 12152. However, if you are seeking for expert’s help, then you can simply ring up a call at 1-800-761-1787. We will help you to fix the bug for you within no time.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks error 12152?
Well, before learning the causes and solutions to this error, it is recommended to first get a brief about what does QuickBooks error 12152 means. According to the experts this error code mostly seen when there are any kind of issues with Internet connection settings. Any kind of technical glitch in the internet connection settings makes it hard for the software to connect to the servers, which ultimately end up in issues in updating the software. There can be a handful of factors causing such an error, which will be discussed in detail later on. So, we recommend you to continue reading this article till the end.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 12152?
The QuickBooks error 12152 can happen due to many reasons and the common ones are listed below:
- This error often caused by mis-configured internet settings.
- Older version of QuickBooks, especially QuickBooks desktop 2014 or earlier.
- The license data is not identified by QB software.
- There might be a problem with the API keys of Windows.
- May be your computer is infected with virus, Trojan or malware.
- Problem with the software installation, for instance the installation has got expired.
- There can be issues with your Windows Registry.
- QuickBooks or may be your computer got abruptly switched off due some reason like power cut etc.
- Some important file or folder got deleted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 12152
Identifying the QuickBooks error code 12152 becomes easy, with the help of the below mentioned signs and symptoms.
- In case you are not able to update the QuickBooks software.
- Or your computer keeps on freezing every now and then.
- QuickBooks window crashes very often can be another symptom.
- Error Code 12152 gets displayed on the screen.
- Your computer takes your commands slowly.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 12152
Below are the solutions to resolve error code 12152 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Verify your system’s date and time
The very first solution that one can opt for is to verify the system date and time. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- First check if the Date and Time are correct on your system.
- If it isn’t correct, then go bottom right of your system.
- Now put the cursor on the time that is displayed and right-click on it.
- Next, hit a click on Change date/time.
- Now restart your QuickBooks desktop and check if the error has got resolved or not.
If you are Windows 10 user then follow the below given steps:
- Firstly, go to Settings and click on Time & language
- After that navigate to the Date & time page.
- To set the current time click on Set time automatically option.
- In the Time zone section, ensure that correct time zone is chosen. In case it is not selected, then choose the correct one from the drop-down box.
- If the daylight saving time applies to your time zone, just enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option.
Solution 2: Do changes to the Internet Options
Another solution can be to check the working condition of the internet of your system. As many times, internet options might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, Navigate to the Start menu.
- After that type the words – Control panel, in the search field.
- Now the Control panel window will get opened.
- In this window, search for the Internet Options.
- After this click on the Internet Options.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and click on it to open its window.
- Lastly you have to choose the Advance reset option.
- Check if the QuickBooks error 12152 is appearing or not.
Solution 3: Uninstall/Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
In case the above methods fail to work for you, then in that case, uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks desktop and try resolving the issue. The steps to be followed over here are:
- The first thing to do is uninstall the QuickBooks program.
- After that download QuickBooks.
- Now Install the QuickBooks software and launch it.
- Look for the Scan option and then click on it.
- Few of the errors will be displayed on the screen.
- Now choose Repair all.
Now, see if you are still getting error code 12152.
Solution 4: Restore your PC
The next solution is to restore the PC. Restoring the system can work in fixing the error up to a great extent. You are simply required to follow the steps below:
- First thing that you have to do is to restart your PC.
- Now Log in into the system by using Windows admin credentials.
- Now, hit a click on the Start menu which is located on the bottom left of the screen.
- In the search field, type the words – System Restore.
- Now search for the option that says Restore computer to a previous time and date.
- After this you have to choose the above option, and then go to the Next button and hit a click on it.
- From the list of restore points, go for the latest one.
- Now you have to confirm your choice by once again clicking on the Next button.
- At last, wait for the restoration process to finish. Finally, Reboot your PC.
Solution 5: Use the Registry Editor
It is suggested that any changes in the Windows Registry should by done by some expert and not by yourself. This is because if anything goes wrong while you are making changes to the registry then your computer might stop working.
- At first go to the Start menu.
- In the search field, type the word – command.
- Press together the CTRL and Shift keys and hit Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now you will see a User Account dialogue box on the screen.
- After that hit a click on the Yes button.
- Once done you will see a block box with a clinking cursor will be displayed on the screen.
- Now type the word – regedit.
- After then press Enter key.
- You have to choose the key that is related to QuickBooks error 12152 in the registry editors like the Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Now choose the Export option in the File menu.
- You have to store the Google Chrome or IE backup key in a folder.
- Next, you are then required to give the folder a name and also, ensure Selected branch is chosen.
- After this hit a click on the Save button.
- Lastly, verify that the file has been saved as a .reg file.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 1321?
Through the above-mentioned solutions, you can easily resolve the QuickBooks error 12152. However, if the problem still appears on your software then you have to connect with the QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will guide you with quick and relevant solutions to your problems or queries.
So, do not hesitate in getting in touch with our support team, as we will be happy to help you!
You might also like: