Learn the quick methods to resolve Error 1712 when you are installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
Are you troubled by the Install Code 1712 while working with QuickBooks? This article shall assist you in rectifying the error along with other issues that come along with it. Well, QuickBooks install error 1712 can be encountered when you attempt to install the QuickBooks desktop software in a corrupted folder or when the operating system has been damaged. The issue can be rectified by implementing certain troubleshooting measures. To learn about these rectification techniques, be sure to read this post until the end.
You can also get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and let our experts fix the error for you. We are a group of highly experienced and certified accounting experts and we work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
QuickBooks error code 1712: A brief overview
QuickBooks error code 1712 comes up with an error message stating:
|Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Installer||We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. |
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
As mentioned before this error can be seen when you try to install QuickBooks desktop in a corrupted folder or the OS is damaged. This error can also affect the system performance, thereby demanding an immediate rectification of the error. In order to avert this error, you are recommended to install the program on another path instead of the default location after uninstalling the currently installed software.
What causes the QuickBooks error code 1712?
Now that you know what this error is about, its time for you to explore the causes of the error. There can be a few factors leading to the QuickBooks error 1712, such as:
- While you install QuickBooks without un-installing the previous QuickBooks version.
- In case there is any corruption in the registry.
- If any sort of malware attack is seen.
- Installing corrupted QuickBooks package.
- If certain changes are made to the software within the same computer.
Symptoms of QuickBooks install error 1712
There can be certain signs and symptoms that can help you to identify the error 1712. The symptoms can be as follows:
- A blue screen appears on the display
- Input or output error
- QuickBooks desktop freezes
- Shutdown issues
- Http error
- Laptop or system not working properly
- Improper QuickBooks desktop installation
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6189, 816?
Important steps to implement before troubleshooting
Before jumping into the depth, you can try out the below quick steps initially:
- Restart your system.
- You can use the Task manager to close all QuickBooks versions running in the background.
- Try to Install the software one more time.
Methods to Fix the Error code 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop
If you are facing the error 1712 in QuickBooks desktop, then check out the solutions below:
Method 1: Terminate all processes in the task manager
- Firstly, hit the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys on your keyboard.
- Afterward, choose the Processes tab.
- You need to select the End process in the task manager.
- Lastly, reboot your system.
Method 2: Track the application data in the registry
- You are first required to search for regedit.exe
- After that enter the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders.
- Now, hit on the Entry AppData twice.
- Once done with that, change the Original value with the Local profile path.
- The final step is to reopen QuickBooks and then detect the errors.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks tools hub program
Step 1: Run Quick fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools hub
You need to download and install and then use the QuickBooks tools hub program.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks software.
- And then, Download the QuickBooks tool hub file. Also, save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
- Afterward, open the file downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file) in the above step.
- Carry out the on-screen steps to Install and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- And then, when the installation finishes, double-click the icon on the Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- In the QuickBooks tools hub, select the Program problems.
- Now select the Quick fix my program.
- To end the process, retry installing QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Using QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool, form tool hub
Open the tool hub program on your system and navigate to the Installation Issues tab. After that choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool option from here.
- The initial step is to Download QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and install it on your system.
- After that close all the applications that are running in the background.
- Followed by running QuickBooks diagnostic application.
- Moving ahead, you need to find “I am having problems installing QuickBooks” and then select the OK tab.
- And end the process by rebooting the QuickBooks.
Step 3: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Next, choose the Quick Fix my Program tab.
- Finally try one more time to install the QuickBooks.
Method 4: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- You can download the latest QuickBooks desktop application from the official Intuit website.
- And then select Change and then move to the Product edition.
- Moving ahead, select the latest version.
- And hit a click on the Download option.
Important: If all the above-given methods don’t fix the issue for you, add or create the Windows user with administrator rights and then try again the QuickBooks installation.
Method 5: Provide Admin Rights to the QuickBooks software
- Hit the Windows Start button and enter the Control Panel.
- Proceed to the User Accounts in the control panel.
- For your version of the software, look for QBDataServiceUserXX. In QuickBooks Desktop 2020, look for QBDataServiceUser30, and in QuickBooks Desktop 2019, look for QBDataServiceUser29.
- Choose Administrator under Change account type.
- To save all of your changes, hit on Apply.
- Follow the instructions for each QB Database Server Manager that you are using.
Method 6: Go for Windows Update
- Hit the Start button and access the System settings.
- In the Settings, choose Update and Security.
- Choose the Window Updates tab.
- Now, head for Window Update and see if there are any updates available.
- If an update is available, hit on the Get Update option to download and install it on your PC.
Following the above technical methods can aid in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 1712. However, if the error remains even after you have followed all the steps given above, then you can simply talk with our experts and let them solve the issue for you.
We have a QuickBooks enterprise support team who works round the clock to provide the highest quality support to the users. Therefore, don’t be afraid to call us at any time, we’ll be glad to assist you.