Learn the quick methods to resolve Error 1712 when you are installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
QuickBooks has created a lot of buzz in the recent times as per the visible trends. Entrepreneurs across the globe prefer this accounting software to carry out their accounting and bookkeeping activities. But at the same time, the fact that the QuickBooks software is prone to certain errors can’t be denied. One such commonly encountered errors is QuickBooks error code 1712. This sort of error arises when the user makes an attempt to install QuickBooks in a corrupted folder or the operating system is damaged. This error can be easily fixed by implementing certain errors. To know those rectification methods, you need to read this article till the end.
Moreover, the user can also get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and let our experts fix the error for you. We are a team of experienced and certified accounting professionals and we work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6189, 816?
What is QuickBooks error code 1712?
QuickBooks error code 1712 comes up with an error message stating as:
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
As mentioned before, this error can be seen when the user tries to install QuickBooks desktop in a corrupted folder or the OS is damaged. This error can also affect the system performance, which requires instant solution to the error. In order to avoid this error, the user is recommended install the program on another path instead of the default location after uninstalling the currently installed software.
What leads to the QuickBooks install error 1712?
Now that you know what this error is about, its time for you to explore the causes of the error. There can be a few factors leading to the QuickBooks error 1712, such as:
- While the user installs QuickBooks without un-installing the previous QuickBooks version
- In case there is any corruption in the registry
- Or if any sort of malware attack is seen
- Installing corrupted QB’s package
- If certain changes are made to the software within the same computer.
Symptoms of QuickBooks install error 1712
There can be certain signs and symptoms that can help the user to identify the error 1712. The symptoms can be as follows:
- Blue screen appears on the display
- Input or output error
- QuickBooks desktop freezes
- Shutdown issues
- Http error
- Laptop or system not working properly
- Improper QuickBooks desktop installation
Quick steps to fix the issue
Before jumping into the depth, the user can try out the below steps initially:
- Restart the system
- Use the task manager to close all QuickBooks versions running in the background
- And lastly, try to install the software again
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 1712
If you are facing the error 1712, then check out the solutions below:
Method 1: Ending all processes in task manager
- Start with pressing Ctrl + Delete keys
- And then select processes
- The user needs to select End process in the task manager
- Lastly, reboot the system
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
Method 2: Tracking the application data in the registry
- The user is first required to search for regedit.exe
- And then enter the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders
- After that, the user needs to click on the entry AppData twice
- Once done with that, the user needs to change the original value with the local profile path
- The last step is to reopen QuickBooks and then detect the errors
Method 3: Using QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
Firstly, open tool hub program on your system and navigate to the Installation Issues tab. After that choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool option from here.
- The initial step is to download QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and install it on your system
- And then, the user needs to close all the applications that are running at background
- Followed by running QuickBooks diagnostic application
- Moving ahead, the user needs to find “I am having problems installing QuickBooks” and then select OK tab
- And end the process by rebooting the QuickBooks
You may also see: How to set up QuickBooks Desktop to work from home?
Method 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop
- The user can download the latest QuickBooks desktop application from the official Intuit website
- And then select change and then move to the product edition.
- Moving ahead, select the latest version
- And click on the download option
Method 5: Run Quick fix my Program from QuickBooks Tool hub
The user needs to download and install the QuickBooks tools hub
- Firstly, close all QuickBooks software
- And then download the QuickBooks tool hub file. Also, save the file somewhere the user can easily find it
- After that, the user needs to open the file downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file) in the above step.
- The user needs to carry out the on-screen steps to install and then agree to the terms and conditions
- And then, when the install finishes, the user needs to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
- In the QuickBooks tools hub, the user needs to select the program problems
- And then select the Quick fix my program
- To end the process, the user needs to retry installing QuickBooks desktop.
Implementing the above stated steps or methods can help the users in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 1712. However, if the error persists even after following the above steps, the user can simply speak to our professionals and let them resolve the error for you.
We own a QuickBooks enterprise support team who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you.