Learn the quick methods to resolve Error 1712 when you are installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
QuickBooks has created a lot of buzz in the recent times as per the visible trends. Entrepreneurs across the globe prefer this accounting software to carry out their accounting and bookkeeping activities. But at the same time the fact that the QuickBooks software is prone to certain errors can’t be denied. One common error that you may encounter in your software is QuickBooks install error 1712. This type of error can be encountered when you attempt to install the QuickBooks desktop in a corrupted folder or when the operating system has been damaged. The issue can be corrected by implementing certain troubleshooting methods. To learn about these rectification techniques, be sure to read this post until the end.
You can also get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and let our experts fix the error for you. We are a group of highly experienced and certified accounting experts and we work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
What is QuickBooks error code 1712?
QuickBooks error code 1712 comes up with an error message stating as:
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
As mentioned before this error can be seen when you try to install QuickBooks desktop in a corrupted folder or the OS is damaged. This error can also affect the system performance, which requires instant solution to the error. In order to avoid this error you are recommended install the program on another path instead of the default location after uninstalling the currently installed software.
What leads to the QuickBooks error message 1712?
Now that you know what this error is about, its time for you to explore the causes of the error. There can be a few factors leading to the QuickBooks error 1712, such as:
- While you install QuickBooks without un-installing the previous QuickBooks version.
- In case there is any corruption in the registry.
- If any sort of malware attack is seen.
- Installing corrupted QuickBooks package.
- If certain changes are made to the software within the same computer.
Symptoms of QuickBooks install error 1712
There can be certain signs and symptoms that can help you to identify the error 1712. The symptoms can be as follows:
- Blue screen appears on the display
- Input or output error
- QuickBooks desktop freezes
- Shutdown issues
- Http error
- Laptop or system not working properly
- Improper QuickBooks desktop installation
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6189, 816?
Important points before troubleshooting
Before jumping into the depth, you can try out the below quick steps initially:
- Restart your system.
- You can use the task manager to close all QuickBooks versions running in the background.
- Try to install the software one more time.
Methods to fix Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop
If you are facing the error 1712, then check out the solutions below:
Method 1: Ending all processes in task manager
- Start with pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys on your keyboard.
- After that select processes tab.
- You need to select End process in the task manager.
- Lastly reboot your system.
Method 2: Tracking the application data in the registry
- You are first required to search for regedit.exe
- After that enter the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders.
- Now hit a click on the entry AppData twice.
- Once done with that, you need to change the original value with the local profile path.
- The final step is to reopen QuickBooks and then detect the errors.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
Method 3: Use QuickBooks tools hub program
Step 1: Run Quick fix my Program from QuickBooks Tools hub
You need to download and install then use the QuickBooks tools hub program.
- Firstly close all QuickBooks software.
- And then download the QuickBooks tool hub file. Also, save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
- After that you need to open the file downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file) in the above step.
- Carry out the on-screen steps to install and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- And then, when the install finishes, double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- In the QuickBooks tools hub, select the program problems.
- Now select the Quick fix my program.
- To end the process, retry installing QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Using QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool, form tool hub
Open tool hub program on your system and navigate to the Installation Issues tab. After that choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool option from here.
- The initial step is to download QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and install it on your system.
- After that close all the applications that are running at background.
- Followed by running QuickBooks diagnostic application.
- Moving ahead, you need to find “I am having problems installing QuickBooks” and then select OK tab.
- And end the process by rebooting the QuickBooks.
Step 3: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Next, choose Quick Fix my Program tab.
- Finally try one more time to install the QuickBooks.
Method 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop
- You can download the latest QuickBooks desktop application from the official Intuit website.
- And then select change and then move to the product edition.
- Moving ahead, select the latest version.
- And hit a click on the download option.
Important: If all the above given methods doesn’t fix the issue for you, add or create the Windows user with administrator rights and then try again the QuickBooks installation.
Following the above technical methods can aid in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 1712. However, if the error remains even after you have followed all the steps given above, then you can simply talk with our experts and let them solve the issue for you. We have a QuickBooks enterprise support team who works round the clock to provide highest quality support to the users. Therefore, don’t be afraid to call us at any time, we’ll be glad to assist you.