Learn how to resolve installation errors of QuickBooks desktop like a Pro:
QuickBooks has created a lot of buzz in the accounting industry and needs no special introduction. But one of the major drawbacks of this amazing software is that it is often plagued with certain technical snags. Many QuickBooks users have informed the professionals regarding QuickBooks desktop install errors. Installation errors have always been one of the major outfalls of this software. Intuit, the developer of this software has considered the issues that you were facing and introduced the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and various other tools that could help the users in dealing with the install errors.
In today’s write-up, we will be discussing some tried and tested methods that could actually help the users in tackling the QuickBooks desktop installation errors. However, if you feel that fixing these errors is not your cup of tea, then leave all your worries on our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and let them handle this for you.
Read this also: How to use Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks?
List of QuickBooks desktop installation errors
If you runs into trouble while installing QuickBooks desktop, or while opening if after the installation, then do not worry we are here to help you. The list of errors that come under this category are:
- Error 1402
- Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error 1722
- Error 1903
- Error 1935
- Microsoft .NET Framework errors
- Errors related to damaged MSXML and C++
- QuickBooks stopped working issues
- Error Code 1334
- Error 1712
- Error 1904
- Error in verifying the subscription
- ABS PDF driver errors
Well, if you are familiar with any of these errors and are facing any of them, then the below methods can be employed. So, without further ado, let us dive into the procedures.
Methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks desktop install errors
Encountering these errors happen in a fraction of seconds, but resolving them might take a few steps or methods. So, let us check out each of the methods one by one that you can employ to get rid of the annoying install errors.
Method 1: Downloading QuickBooks tool hub and use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Earlier, the QuickBooks tool hub was not in trend and not many users are aware of it, but this can be a savior for these install errors. You can download and run the tool hub and can use the install diagnostic tool to get rid of the QuickBooks installation errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Initially you need to close QuickBooks.
- And then, download the QuickBooks tool hub file from the official intuit website. You will have to save this file, where it can be accessed with much ease.
- Followed by opening the file.
- Now, carry out the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the process ends, double click the icon.
It should be noted that, if you are unable to spot the icon, you need to do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool hub and choose the program.
- And then, select the installation issues.
- Now, select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let the tool run.
- You will have to have some patience, as the tool might take some time or can even take up to 20 minutes.
- After the process ends, reboot the system.
Method 2: Updating Windows
Updating windows can help you in fixing the install error up to major extent. The steps involved in this process are:
- At first, review how to manually update sections of the Microsoft article and then update the version of windows.
- After the update completes, it is supposed to restart the system.
- And then, open QuickBooks and the company file, in case you were able to open the QuickBooks before the error was seen.
- In case you weren’t able to finish installing QuickBooks, then you would require to install the QuickBooks desktop again.
If you were able to install and open QuickBooks, you would not be troubled by the error anymore.
Method 3: Manually fixing the Windows components
In case the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and the update didn’t fix the error, you can repair specific windows components yourself. It should be noted that you should carry out the below processes under the professional assistance.
- Repairing or reinstalling Microsoft .NET framework.
- Repairing Microsoft MSXML.
Method 4: Using selective startup mode to install QuickBooks desktop
In case none of the above methods worked, you are supposed to install QuickBooks in selective start mode i.e. safe mode, as it might fix the error up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, create a backup of the company file and also keep a copy of QuickBooks desktop product and license info.
- And then, start the system in selective startup mode.
- First of all, press windows + R keys and then open run command.
- And then type in msconfig and then select OK button.
- Now, choose the selective startup and load system services.
- Move to the services tab and then choose hide all Microsoft services.
- Followed by selecting disable all option.
- Un-check the hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- And also, ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected.
- Hit OK tab.
- And then restart.
- Uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop.
- And then switch back to normal startup mode.
- Press windows + R keys together to open the Run box.
- And then type in msconfig and hit OK button.
- From the general tab, choose the normal startup.
- And hit OK button.
- Finally, choose restart opt.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175, 0?
Method 5: Closing QBW32.exe process
- Under this method, hit a right click on the windows task bar and then select the option labeled as start task manager.
- After that hit a click on the processes tab.
- Once done with that, you can click to the image name header to sort it alphabetically.
- Followed by locating it and selecting as EXE.
- Last step is to click to the end process tab.
Method 6: Perform clean installation of QuickBooks
In case the installation errors continue even after following the above methods, then you can perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks software. The steps to be followed in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to download QuickBooks clean install tool.
- After that, from the downloads click on QuickBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe file.
- Followed by clicking on I Accept and choose the QuickBooks version you are using.
- Next, hit a click on continue tab and then choose OK button.
- At the end, you need to repair the QuickBooks files and folders and also reinstall the software.
Employing any of the above methods can be of great help in tackling the QuickBooks desktop installation errors. However, a situation might arise when none of the above method might work. In such a situation, need not to panic just give us a call at our helpline 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise support experts will handle the situation. Our support team work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance to all users. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you.
Most searchable topics for you