An effective walk-through to rectify the QuickBooks error code 1722:
When downloading payroll updates in QuickBooks, users might bump into certain technical snags, one of which includes QuickBooks error code 1722. The Installer Error is caused due to the limitation while accessing the server. As such, the software fails to connect with the server and stops responding.
It is often seen with a warning message that states as:
|Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
|System Error Code: 1722. The RPC Server is unavailable
It is a runtime error that can be resolved by using several walkways, including the system restore. To know more, read ahead and explore this article carefully till the end. We have crafted a comprehensive guide about the triggers of QuickBooks install error 1722 and the effective strategies to dump this bug. In spite of everything, if you wish to join hands with a team of technically sound accounting experts, then feel free in connecting with our QB professionals at 1-800-761-1787 and let them handle the situation for you.
An Insight into the QuickBooks Error 1722 and Its Symptoms
Before you dive into the post to unleash the causes and fixes of this error, it is better to learn the basics about QuickBooks installation error message 1722. Well, this error indicates any sort of issue that occurred when structuring the software. It also indicates the operating system is taken back to the previous stage where QuickBooks worked properly. Moreover, when the Microsoft.net framework or any other component of Windows gets damaged, this type of error is most likely to occur. This error code makes the Windows run sluggishly and also freezes QuickBooks for some time.
Identifying the issue becomes possible with the below signs and symptoms. Let us have a look:
- The active window crashes, along with the program.
- The system crashes regularly when running the same program.
- As a result of this error, the system might run sluggishly and might not respond to the keyboard inputs.
- The system might freeze due to this error, and you might face the same error repeatedly.
Important steps to perform before troubleshooting
You can try performing the below set of steps related to repairing the system registry so as to rectify the QuickBooks installation error 1722, especially when you face this issue after updating your operating system.
- Start off with repairing registry entries related to the error and run a complete scan of the system.
- Furthermore, run disk clean up to eliminate all temporary files and folders from the system.
- Afterwards, update PC device drivers.
- Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks program.
- Run Windows system file checker.
- Run the Disk Clean up
Read this also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6129?
Causes and Quick Fixes of QuickBooks Error Code 1722
The fixation processes for this error might depend on the factor causing the issue. Let us explore each of the causes and their respective rectification method one by one:
Cause 1: Incomplete/Damaged Installation Of QuickBooks Application
Solution 1: Clean installation of your QuickBooks software
- At first, you need to press Windows + R keys together.
- After that, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and then hit on the OK tab.
- Next, choose the QuickBooks version from the list of items and Uninstall it.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- Later, Download and install QuickBooks clean installation tool.
- Furthermore, run the tool and install the software by paying heed to the on-screen prompts.
- After the installation is complete, reboot the system.
- Now finally, Repair the Microsoft.net framework before heading further.
On Windows 7 and Windows Vista
The steps for Windows 7 and Vista users are a follows:
- Initially, hit on the Start menu and move to the Control panel.
- Choose the Programs tab and go for Programs and Features.
- Look for and locate error 1722 related programs and files under the name column.
- Hit on the QuickBooks associated entry.
- Now opt for Uninstalling on the top menu bar.
- Perform the prompts and complete the uninstallation.
On Windows XP
Users of Windows XP are required to proceed as follows:
- Being a Windows XP user, press the Start tab and head to the Programs and Features menu.
- Heading forward, move to the Control panel.
- Moreover, choose the Programs tab.
- Now hit a click on Add or Remove programs.
- Along with that, look for and identify the issue-related program and files under the name column.
- Choose the QuickBooks-related entry.
- Coming to the next step, click on the Remove option on the right side.
- Perform the on-screen prompts and complete the uninstallation.
On Windows 8
The steps for Windows 8 users are listed below:
- If you are a Windows 8 user, then you need to head to the Start menu.
- From the start menu, proceed to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and features.
- Moreover, look for and spot error 1722 related programs and files under the name column.
- Now, choose the QB-related entry.
- Hit a click on Uninstall/Change on the top menu bar.
- Pay heed to the prompts available online.
- Reinstall the program as per Intuit Inc. instructions post uninstalling the error-related program such as QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool has ushered as a holistic tool for QB users as it has successfully help users get rid of technical issues related to the installation of the accounting software. By using this tool, the ongoing error can also be controlled.
You can also run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool using the steps below:
- Initially, Download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- And then, click on the File downloaded in the first step.
- Later, click on Yes.
- And also, click on Next to install it and click on Yes again for Accepting the license agreement.
- Now again, hit a click on Next and Install tab.
- Next, click on the Finish tab after the installation process ends.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Tap on the Installation issues tab and click on the Install diagnostic tool.
- Wait for some time, as this might take time to configure.
- After it gets configured, ensure to click on Yes and accept the License Agreement.
- Further, click on Proceed, to begin with, the repairs on QuickBooks desktop components.
- Reboot the system.
Cause 2: Damaged Windows Registry From a Recent QB-Related Software Modification
Solution: Perform a System restore
- Under this method, you are supposed to click on the Windows start icon and type System restore in the search bar, and hit Enter tab.
- A new window will open up, where you need to click on the System restore option.
- The system will ask you to Enter the Admin password.
- And a wizard will pop up, where you need to pay heed to the on-screen prompts and select a Restore point as per the need.
- A wizard will pop up on the screen, where you need to follow the onscreen instructions and then choose a Restore point as per the requirement.
- End the process after the System restoration is complete and start QuickBooks.
- Perform the necessary steps to rectify the error code 1722 in QuickBooks.
Cause 3: Malware and Virus Infection
Solution: Run Windows file checker
- Hereunder, you will have to tap on the Start tab.
- Along with that you should press Enter key.
- Press Ctrl + Shift keys and click on Enter again.
- Furthermore, a dialog box would appear on the screen. where you would have to click on Yes.
- And a black box with a blinking cursor will appear.
- Later, type SFC/scannow and hit Enter key.
- The system file checker will then Scan the error and other system file issues.
Cause 4: Any Other Program Deletes QuickBooks Files Maliciously
Solution: Restart system in selective startup
Restarting the system in selective startup mode would work when you face the QuickBooks install error message 1722 when the QB-related files are deleted maliciously.
- Start off by pressing Windows + R keys, which would show the Run box on the screen.
- Later type in MSCONFIG into the run box, where you will have to hit the OK tab.
- Head forward by selecting the Selective startup option in the General tab and also ensure that you have unchecked the Load startup items options.
- Moreover, click on the OK tab and choose the restart tab if asked.
- End the process by Uninstalling and Reinstalling QuickBooks.
After reinstalling, ensure to get back to the normal mode, using the steps below:
- Press Windows + R keys and open the Run window.
- Type MSCONFIG into the run box and hit the OK tab.
- Select the Normal startup option and hit a click on Apply and OK tab.
- Reboot the system and complete the process.
Cause 5: Windows is Corrupted or Incomplete QuickBooks Software Installation
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks repair tool
If you are facing the issue due to corrupted Windows or incomplete QuickBooks software installation, then it can be resolved using the QuickBooks repair tool. The steps to be performed here are as follows:
- Identify the location of the QuickBooks file and click on the select File tab.
- And then, click on the Search files option.
- The scan file option should be picked to scan the selected file and click on the Company tab.
- Now hit the Customer tab to see the customer-related information.
- After that click on the Vendor tab and tap on the Employees‘ tab.
- Also, hit a click on the Repair tab, and then you will see a save as dialog box.
- Now click on the Start tab.
- After the message stating the process completed successfully appears on the screen, click on OK tab.
- And close all tabs to complete the process.
Solution 2: Update Windows OS
Another method for the same cause is to update the Windows. Every new update comes up with new features for making the overall interface user-friendly and seamless. Follow the steps below to update the system to get rid of the Error 1722 when you install QuickBooks desktop:
- In order to Update Windows, you should first click on the Start tab.
- Head towards the Settings tab.
- Later click on the Update and security tab.
- Tap on the Windows update section and click on Check for updates.
- The updates will start installing automatically if available.
- End the process by rebooting the system.
You may also read: How to Re-install QuickBooks for Windows Using Clean Install?
Without this piece of writing, the situation might get so daunting and unmanaged, but the above-discussed set of steps would make the process easier, and also it would make it easy for users to handle the error without much hassle.
Despite that, if the QuickBooks error code 1722 prevails further, then the ideal solution for the error can only be achieved if you collaborate with a QuickBooks error support team that has the experience and expertise to dump the errors related to the QuickBooks accounting software. Connect with our accounting experts and CPAs right away using our support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
FAQ’s related to installer error 1722
Yes, QuickBooks error 1722 is an Install Error that occurs during the software installation process.
You can try using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool or restoring a backup of the file. If those options don’t work, you may need to use a third-party file repair tool or contact support for assistance.
This error is usually caused by a damaged Windows installer file, a virus or malware infection, or conflicts with other installed software. It may also occur due to incomplete or faulty installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks.
When an install error occurs in QuickBooks, you may see an error message such as “Error 1722: The installer has encountered an unexpected error,” “Error 1904: [file path / name] failed to register,” or “MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.” The specific error message may vary depending on the cause of the install error.
Other Interesting Reads: