All you need to know about the QuickBooks error code 1722:
When downloading payroll updates in QuickBooks, users might bump into certain technical snags, one of which includes QuickBooks error code 1722. This error is causes due to the limitation where it accesses and the server gets failed to respond. The QuickBooks error code 1722 is often seen with a warning message that states as:
“Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package
System Error Code: 1722. The RPC Server is unavailable
This is basically a runtime error that can be resolved using windows restore method. To know more, read ahead and explore this space carefully. Here, we have crafted a comprehensive guide about the triggers of QuickBooks error 1722 and the effective strategies that can be enforced to dump this bug. In spite of everything, if you wish to join hands with a team of technically sound accounting experts, then feel free in connecting with our U.S. based professionals and let them handle the situation for you.
Read this also: How to Turn on Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks Enterprise?
Brief about QuickBooks error 1722 and its symptoms
Before you dive into the post to unleash the causes and fixes of this error, it is better to learn the basics about QuickBooks installer error code 1722. Well, this error indicates any sort of issue that occurred when structuring the software. It also indicates the operating system is taken back to the previous stage where QuickBooks worked properly. Moreover, when the Microsoft.net framework or any other component of windows get damaged, this type of error is most probable to occur. This error code makes the windows to run sluggishly and also freezes QuickBooks for some time. Identifying the issue becomes possible, with the below signs and symptoms. Let us have a look:
- The active window crashes, along with the program.
- The system crashes regularly when running the same program.
- As a result of this error, the system might run sluggishly and might not respond to the keyboard inputs.
- The system might freeze due to this error.
- And you might face the same error repeatedly.
Causes and fixes of QuickBooks error code 1722
The fixation processes for QuickBooks error 1722 might depend on the factor causing the issue. Let us explore each of the cause and their respective rectification method one by one:
Cause 1: Incomplete/Damaged installation of QuickBooks application
Solution 1: Clean installation of your QuickBooks software
- Press Windows + R keys.
- Type appwiz.cpl and then click on OK tab.
- Select the QuickBooks version from the list of items and uninstall it.
- After the uninstallation, perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- Later, download and install QuickBooks clean installation tool.
- Furthermore, run the tool and install the software by paying heed to the onscreen prompts.
- After the installation is complete, reboot the system.
- Repair the Microsoft.net framework before heading further.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
You can also run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool using the steps below:
- And then click on the file that was downloaded in the first step.
- Later, click on Yes.
- And also, click on next to install it and click on yes again for accepting the license agreement.
- Click on next and install.
- Click on finish tab after the installation process ends.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Tap on the installation issues tab and click on install diagnostic tool.
- Wait for some time, as this might take time to configure.
- After it gets configured, ensure to click on yes and accept the license agreement.
- Further, click on proceed to begin with the repairs on QuickBooks desktop components.
- Reboot the system.
Cause 2: Damaged windows registered from a recent QB related software modification
Solution: Perform a System restore
- Under this method, you are supposed to click on the Windows start icon and type system restore in the search bar and hit enter tab.
- A new window will open up, where you need to click on the system restore option.
- The system will ask to enter the admin password.
- And a wizard will pop-up, where you need to pay heed to the on-screen prompts and select a restore point as per the need.
- A wizard will pop up on the screen, where you need to follow the onscreen instructions and then choose a restore point as per the requirement.
- End the process after the system restoration is complete and start QuickBooks.
Cause 3: Malware and virus infection
Solution: Run windows file checker
- Hereunder, you will have to tap on the start tab.
- Along with that you should press Enter key.
- Press ctrl + Shift keys and click on Enter again.
- Furthermore, a dialog box would appear on the screen.
- Where, you would have to click on Yes.
- And a black box with blinking cursor will appear.
- Later, type sfc/scannow and hit Enter key.
- The system file checker will then scan the error and other system file issues.
- Perform the necessary steps.
Read this also: Quick methods to Fix QuickBooks overflow error
Cause 4: Any other program deletes QB files maliciously
Solution: Restart system in selective startup
Restarting the system in selective startup mode would work when you face the QuickBooks error code 1722, when the QB related files are deleted maliciously.
- Start off with pressing Windows + R keys, which would show run box on the screen.
- Later type in MSCONFIG into the run box, where you will have to hit OK tab.
- Head forward by selecting the selective startup option in the general tab and also ensure that you have unchecked the load startup items options.
- Moreover, click on OK tab.
- Choose the restart tab if asked.
- End the process by uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks.
After reinstalling, ensure to get back to the normal mode, using the steps below:
- Press Windows + R keys and open run window.
- Type MSCONFIG into the run box and hit OK tab.
- Select normal startup option.
- Click on Apply and OK tab.
- Reboot the system and complete the process.
Cause 5: Windows corrupted or incomplete QuickBooks software installation
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks repair tool
If you are facing the issue due to corrupted windows or incomplete QuickBooks software installation, then it can be resolved using QuickBooks repair tool. The steps to be performed in here are as follows:
- Identify the location of QuickBooks file and click on the select file tab.
- And then, click on search files option.
- Scan file option should be picked to scan the selected file.
- Click on company tab.
- Hit the customer tab to see the customer related information.
- Click on the vendor tab.
- Tap on the employees tab.
- Also, click on the repair tab and then you will see a save as dialog box.
- Where, click on start tab.
- After the message stating process completed successfully appears on the screen, click on OK.
- And close all tabs to complete the process.
Solution 2: Update Windows
Another method for the same cause is to update the windows. The steps to be performed in updating windows are as follows:
- In order to update Windows, you should first click on start tab.
- Head towards the settings tab.
- Later click on update and security tab.
- Tap on the windows update section.
- Furthermore, click on check for updates.
- The updates will start installing automatically if available.
- End the process by rebooting the system.
You may also read: System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021
Without this piece of writing, the situation might get so daunting and unmanaged, but the above discussed set of steps would make the process easier and also it would make it easy for users to handle the error without much hassle.
Despite that if the QuickBooks error code 1722 prevails further, then the ideal solution for the error can only be achieved if you collaborate with a QuickBooks error support team that has the experience and expertise to dump the errors related to the QuickBooks accounting software. Connect with our accounting experts and CPA’s right away using our support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Other Interesting Reads: