Learn the 10 DIY methods to resolve Error Code 1935 when Installing QuickBooks or .Net framework
QuickBooks, in 2022, is one of the most extensively used accounting software in the world. Business owners and accountants backed with this innovative tool can perform a wide variety of accounting and bookkeeping-related work from anywhere and at any time. But, while this endless boasts a seemingly endless list of advantages, it isn’t completely free from errors and glitches. In this blog post, we are going over a common QB error – QuickBooks installer error code 1935, which is an installation error. This error usually occurs when a user tries to install QuickBooks or QB programs running the Windows Startup. We will be providing you with steps to troubleshoot this issue and help you get rid of it on your own. Alternatively, if you are too occupied in other works to perform the troubleshooting steps yourself or want an expert to do that for you – contact our Certified ProAdvisor.
This error can also occur when you install Windows Operating Systems. While installing QuickBooks desktop or Microsoft .NET Framework, any of the below error messages might appear on the screen:
|QuickBooks Installer||Error 1935: This setup requires .NET Framework.|
|Problem||Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly.|
Many users consider this error to be among the most irritating errors to address. Understanding this, we have created this blog post for you, in which we will go over the various facts that surround this QuickBooks install error 1935. However, if you are short of time, then you can consult our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team. We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who leave no stone-unturned in providing the best possible support services to users.
You might also see: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1406?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1935?
Receiving QuickBooks Error Code 1935 on your screen means that you require the .Net framework, an essential Microsoft component required for QuickBooks to function appropriately. In the absence of this framework, you may receive various QuickBooks issues, including error 1935. When this error appears, you also receive a description that reads, “QuickBooks needs to be closed as it has faced a problem.” This installation error is generally faced by Windows XP, Vista, 8, and 7 operating system users. This error does affect not only your ongoing work but also the other windows applications such as Antivirus, Alchemy Catalyst, Pinnacle Studio, AutoCAD, and many Microsoft apps.
There can be various other facts associated with error code 1935, which we will be discussing further in this post.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Install Error 1935
Identifying the error code 1935 becomes easy for you, once you are thorough with the signs and symptoms. Here is a list of the possible symptoms of this error:
- Error message appears- QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to be shut down.
- The Computer periodically freezes for a few seconds.
- Code 1935 is displayed repeatedly on the screen.
- As you run a particular program, the computer crashes.
- Windows run slowly and respond slowly as well.
- This error comes up and crashes the Active Program window.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1935?
As we mentioned earlier, there can be certain possible factors that would lead to the error code 1935, which include the following:
- Damaged Windows System Files
- Antivirus applications are blocking the QuickBooks installation.
- Corrupted System Files Entries
- Improper deletion of Apps
- Installation of hardware and software is incomplete
- Windows system files have been deleted
- There is some improper computer shut down or Adware attack due to which the file error occurs
- .Net Framework got damaged somehow or hasn’t been established yet
- In case the .Net framework is outdated
- Spoiled windows registry can also be one of the causes of error 1935
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks error code 15311
Steps to Fix Error 1935 When Installing QuickBooks Desktop or .Net Framework
Below we have provided step-by-step instructions to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935:
Method 1: Activate Selective startup mode
The very first method is to activate the selective startup mode, which can be done by following the steps below:
- Open Run Command box by pressing Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- And then, type ‘misconfig’ in the search bar and press OK.
- After that, hit a click on Startup > General Tab > Load System Services > Load Startup Items.
- Next step is to press on ‘Services Tab’ option.
- Once done with that, make sure to hit a click on ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and ‘Disable’ option.
- Followed by, unchecking ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ option.
- Now choose the list of services and make sure that Windows Installer Checkbox is marked and click OK button.
- After that, hit a click on ‘Restart in the system configuration window’ and restart computer.
- Once done with that, press the Windows + R keys together and type ‘misconfig’ and press Enter key.
- Now, on the General tab choose Normal startup >> OK button.
- Followed by restarting the computer and ending the process.
Method 2: Repair Microsoft .Net Framework
Another solution one can opt for is to repair Microsoft .Net Framework. The steps involved in this are as follows:
- Hit a click on the Start button and go to the Control Panel and click ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Now click ‘Turn windows features ON or OFF’.
- Also ensure that .NET Framework 4. Is enabled. Also, close the Windows Feature window and then Reboot computer.
- Next step is to repair the .NET Framework by unchecking the box and rebooting the computer.
- The final step is to Check .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled. Click the box to do enable it if it is not. Reboot the computer and repair the .NET Framework and then, reboot the computer.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 1925 – How to Fix It?
Method 3: Disable anti-virus on a temporary basis
If the above two methods don’t work, then disable the anti-virus on a temporary basis. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Restart computer and start the installation process.
- And then, disable the anti-virus software for sometime.
- Once the installation is done, enable the anti-virus program and you are good to go.
Method 4: Update your Windows OS
Updating the windows operating system is also recommended, in order to fix the QuickBooks error 1935. As many times, the outdated windows operating system might lead to such an issue. The steps to be followed here are follows:
- Hit a click on Start and enter ‘Update’ in the search box.
- In the search dialog box, you will have to enter Update. And later, hit Enter tab.
- A Windows Update Dialog Box will appear.
- If there are any updates required, click on ‘Install Update’.
Method 5: Reinstall Latest .Net Framework
If you are not having the latest .NET framework, then you might have to reinstall the latest .Net framework. You can reinstall the latest .Net framework with the help of the below steps:
- Restart the computer in which you had faced QuickBooks Install Error 1935 and redo the installation process.
- Make sure that you stop the anti-virus program during installation.
- Install QuickBooks and .NET Framework.
- Restart the anti-virus program once QB and .NET Framework are installed.
Method 6: Update Microsoft .Net framework to the latest version
Microsoft .NET Framework constitutes an important Microsoft component that plays a vital role in the seamless working of the QuickBooks Desktop application. Due to an erroneous Framework, functionalities of a wide range of applications, including QuickBooks, installed on the system may get disrupted. Therefore, keeping a check on the functioning of the Microsoft components is deemed essential. The easiest way of ensuring the same is by repairing .NET Framework, and(or) setting up the most recent updates for the same.
- Refresh Microsoft .NET Framework to most recent form.
- Go to .Net Framework site
- Download Web Installer
- Read On-Screen instructions and introduce .NET framework.
Method 7: Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can also work in fixing the QuickBooks error code 1935. This tool works great in resolving the errors related to the installation of QuickBooks. The steps to be followed to use this tool are as follows:
- Close your QuickBooks accounting software.
- After that, you can download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official site. Keep the file somewhere so that you’ll be able to locate it easily.
NOTE: If you’ve installed Tool Hub before, you will be able to determine the version you’re running. Choose from the Home tab. The version will be on the right side.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the steps on the screen to install and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is completed when it is finished, double-click the icon to the Windows desktop to launch your tool hub.
- Then, open your QuickBooks Tool Hub software.
- Within the Tool Hub, click on the Installation Problems tab.
- Choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let the tool run.
- It will download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save the file on the desktop where you can easily find it.
- Now double-click on the QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file.
- Close all programs in the background and run QBinstall diagnostic. This process will take 15 to 20 minutes as per your internet connection speed.
- Once the tool is finished after the program is completed, reboot your system.
- Finally, Install your QuickBooks desktop.
Method 8: Download and run QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
In case the above methods helped in getting rid of the error, you can opt for QuickBooks component repair tool. It is a simple 3 steps process that can help you in fixing the error with much ease.
- The initial step is to download ‘QuickBooks component repair tool‘ from the official website of Intuit.
- After that, run the QuickBooks component repair tool once it is installed.
- And then end the process by turning off or restarting the system.
Method 9: Repairing the registry entries
Another viable method that one can opt for is to repair the registry entries. This method can work to fix the QuickBooks error code 1935. The steps to be followed in this are as follows:
- The first step is to hit a click on the start or windows tab.
- Then enter the command and avoid hitting enter key.
- Followed by pressing the Ctrl+shift keys and then hitting the enter tab.
- In the next step, you will be redirected to the permission dialog box.
- And then, hit on yes.
- The command prompt window will appear.
- After that, in the command prompt windows and then type regedit and then tap on Enter tab.
- And also, in the registry editor, select the error 1935 associated key.
- Under the file menu and then choose the export tab.
- Now navigate to the save in list and then select the desired folder where you wish to create a backup of QuickBooks.
- After that, visit the file name and then enter the name of backup file.
- Once done with that, move to the export range tab and then ensure that you have chosen the selected branch.
- And then, hit the save option.
- Followed by saving the file with .reg extension.
- And to end the process, you will have to back up the QuickBooks registries.
Method 10: Uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks Programs associated with the error
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista users:
- If you are a Windows 7 or vista user, then you need to click on the start or windows tab, to open/access the programs and features tab.
- Then select the control panel tab from the right side menu.
- The next step is to choose the programs tab.
- Followed by selecting the programs and features tab.
- Once done with that, you need to find the QuickBooks error 1935 associated programs in the name column.
- And also, hit the QuickBooks associated entry.
- Now, from the top menu, you need to hit onto uninstall icon.
- And you should carry out the on-screen instructions to uninstall the QuickBooks error 1935.
Windows XP users
- At first, hit a click on the Start tab in order to open/access the program and features tab.
- And then choose the control panel tab from the right side menu.
- Followed by selecting the add or remove programs tab.
- Once done with that, in the currently installed programs list find the error 1935 associated programs.
- Now, hit QuickBooks associated entry.
- And finally hit a click on remove icon.
You may also like: How to Zero Out Payroll Liabilities in QuickBooks?
That’s all for this blog post. We hope that find it informative and helpful and after trying these once your error is expected to vanish. In case you have any queries or the QuickBooks Error code 1935 still persists – you can contact our U.S.-based accounting experts at QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Related articles you may read: