Learn the best ways to resolve Error Code 1935 when Installing QuickBooks or .Net framework
While working on QuickBooks, a user faces a number of errors, and these errors can be resolved easily either by the user or by taking help from Certified ProAdvisor. One such error is QuickBooks Error code 1935 which is an installation error that usually occurs when one tries to install programs from QuickBooks or when QB is running the Windows Startup. This error can also occur when one is installing Windows Operating Systems.
While installing QuickBooks desktop or Microsoft .NET Framework, any of the below error message might appear on the screen:
Error 1935: This setup requires .NET Framework.
Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly.
Users often consider this error as one of the most annoying error to tackle. Understanding this, we have come up with this blog post, where we will be discussing all the facts associated with QuickBooks install error 1935.
However, if you are short of time, then you can consult our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who leave no stone-unturned in providing the best possible support services to users.
You might also see: What is QuickBooks payroll error 1904?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1935?
QuickBooks error code 1935 indicates the requirement of .Net framework. It should be noted that .Net Framework is one of the most essential Microsoft components that are required by QuickBooks application. Absence of this framework can lead to the install error 1935 or others. The error will appear as QuickBooks Error 1935 with a description saying that “QuickBooks needs to be closed as it has faced a problem“. This error may occur in Windows XP, Vista, 8 and 7 operating system. This error not only affects the program, but also it strikes other windows applications which includes, Norton antivirus, Alchemy Catalyst, Pinnacle Studio, AutoCAD, and even the apps owned by Microsoft.
There can be various other facts associated with error code 1935, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Install Error 1935
Identifying the error code 1935 becomes easy for the user, once he/she is thorough with the signs and symptoms. Here is a list of the possible symptoms of this error:
- Error message appears- QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to be shut down.
- The Computer periodically freezes for a few seconds
- Code 1935 is displayed repeatedly on the screen
- As you run a particular program, the computer crashes
- Windows run slowly and respond slowly as well
- This error comes up and crashes the Active Program window.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1935?
As we mentioned earlier, there can be certain possible factors that would lead to the error code 1935, which includes the following:
- Damaged Windows System Files
- Antivirus application are blocking the QuickBooks installation.
- Corrupted System Files Entries
- Improper deletion of Apps
- Installation of hardware and software is incomplete
- Windows system files have been deleted
- There is some improper computer shut down or Adware attack due to which the file error occurs.
- .Net Framework got damaged somehow or hasn’t been established yet
- In case the .Net framework is outdated
- Spoiled windows registry can also be one of the causes of error 1935
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks error code 15311
Steps to Fix Error 1935 When Installing QuickBooks Desktop or .Net Framework
Below we have provided step-by-step instructions to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935:
Method 1: Activate Selective startup mode
The very first method is to activate the selective startup mode, which can be done by following the steps below:
- First of all, the user needs to press Ctrl+R keys and open Run Command
- And then, type ‘misconfig’ and press OK button
- After that, the user will have to click Startup > General Tab > Load System Services > Load Startup Items
- The next step is to press on ‘Services Tab’ option
- Once done with that, make sure to click ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and ‘Disable’ option
- Followed by, unchecking ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ option.
- Now, choose the list of services and make sure that Windows Installer Checkbox is marked and click OK button.
- After that, click ‘Restart in the system configuration window’ and restart computer
- The user will then have to do a Clean Install of QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to press Ctrl + R keys together and type ‘misconfig’ and press Enter key
- Now, on the General tab choose Normal startup >> OK button
- FOllowed by restarting the computer and ending the process.
Read Also: How to rectify QuickBooks Error code 15215?
Method 2: Repair Microsoft .Net Framework
Another solution one can opt for is to repair Microsoft .Net Framework. The steps involved in this are as follows:
- Firstly, the user needs to open the Control Panel and click ‘Uninstall’ option
- Now, click ‘Turn windows features ON or OFF’
- Also, ensure that .NET Framework 4. Is enabled. Also, close the Windows Feature window and then Reboot computer.
- The next step is to repair the .NET Framework by unchecking the box and rebooting the computer.
- che last step is to Check .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled. Click the box to do enable it if it is not. Reboot the computer and repair the .NET Framework and then, reboot the computer.
Method 3: Disable anti-virus on a temporary basis
If the above two methods didn’t work, then the user can disable the anti-virus on a temporary basis. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Initially, the user needs to restart computer and start the installation process
- And then, disable the anti-virus software for sometime
- Once the installation is done, enable the anti-virus program and you are good to go.
Method 4: Update your Windows OS
Updating the windows operating system is also recommended, in order to fix the QuickBooks error 1935. As many times, the outdated windows operating system might lead to such an issue. The steps to be followed here are follows:
- Click Start and enter ‘Update’ in search box
- In the search dialog box, the user will have to enter Update. And later hit Enter tab
- A Windows Update Dialog Box will appear,
- If there are any updates required, click on ‘Install Update’
Method 5: Reinstall Latest .Net Framework
If you are not having the latest .NET framework, then you might have to reinstall the latest .Net framework. You can reinstall the latest .Net framework with the help of the below steps:
- Restart computer in which you had faced QuickBooks Install Error 1935 and redo the installation process.
- Make sure that you stop the anti-virus program during installation
- Install QuickBooks and .NET Framework
- Restart anti-virus program once QB and .NET Framework is installed.
Method 6: Update Microsoft .Net framework to the latest version
- Refresh Microsoft .NET Framework to most recent form
- Go to .Net Framework site
- Download Web Installer
- Read On-Screen instructions and introduce .NET framework.
Method 7: Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Running QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can also work in fixing the QuickBooks error code 1935. This tool works great in resolving the errors related to the installation of QuickBooks. The steps to be followed to use this tool are as follows:
- Initially, login to the system and connect to the internet connection
- After that download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save the file on the desktop where you can easily find it.
- Now double click on QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file
- Close all programs in the background and run QBinstall diagnostic. This process will take 15 to 20 minutes as per your internet connection speed.
- Once the process is done reboot your computer system
- Finally, Install your QuickBooks desktop.
Method 8: Download and run QuickBooks Component repair tool
In case the above methods helped in getting rid of the error, the user can opt for QuickBooks component repair tool. It is a simple 3 steps process that can help the users in fixing the error with much ease.
- The very first step is to download ‘QuickBooks component repair tool‘ from the official website of Intuit. Or the user can access the tool from QuickBooks tools hub program.
- After that, the user needs to run QuickBooks component repair tool, once it is installed.
- And then, end the process by turning off or restarting the system.
Method 9: Repairing the registry entries
The last method that one can opt for is to repair the registry entries. This method can work to fix the error code 1935. The steps to be followed in this are as follows:
- The very first step is to click the start or windows tab
- And then, enter the command and avoid hitting enter
- Followed by, pressing Ctrl+shift keys and then hit enter tab
- In the next step, the user will be redirected to the permission dialog box
- And then, hit yes
- The command prompt window will appear
- After that, in the command prompt windows and then enter the regedit and then tap on Enter tab
- And also, in the registry editor, the user needs to select the error 1935 associated key
- Under the file menu and then choose the export tab
- Also, navigate to the save in list and then select the desired folder where you wish to create a backup of QuickBooks
- After that visit the file name and then enter the name of backup file
- Once done with that, move to the export range tab and then ensure that you have chosen the selected branch
- And then hit save icon
- Followed by saving the file with .reg extension
- And to end the process, the user will have to backup the QuickBooks registries.
Method 10: Uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks Programs associated to error
For Windows 7 and Windows vista users:
- If you are windows 7 or vista user, then you need to click on the start or windows tab, to open/access the programs and features tab
- And then, select the control panel tab from the right side menu
- The next step is to select programs tab
- Followed by selecting the programs and features tab
- Once done with that, the user needs to find the QuickBooks error 1935 associated programs in the name column
- And also, hit the QuickBooks associated entry
- Now, from the top menu, the user needs to hit onto uninstall icon
- And the user should carry out the onscreen instructions to uninstall the QuickBooks error 1935
Windows XP users
- Here, the user needs to click on the start or windows tab in order to open/access the program and features tab
- And then, select the control panel tab from the right side menu
- Followed by selecting the add or remove programs tab
- Once done with that, in the currently installed programs list find the QB error 1935 associated programs
- Now, hit QuickBooks associated entry
- And click on remove icon
You may also like: Steps to Troubleshoot Multi-user Issues in QuickBooks for MAC
After trying all the solutions, your QuickBooks error code 1935 is expected to vanish. However, if it is not resolved then, you can speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. 1(800)-761-1787 which is a toll-free number.
We are a group of experts and certified accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance. Thus, feel free to contact us anytime, we will be happy to help you! Instant help is just a call away!
Related articles you may read: