Learn the best ways to resolve Error Code 1935 when Installing QuickBooks or .Net framework
While working on QuickBooks, a user faces a number of errors, and these errors can be resolved easily either by the user or by taking help from Certified ProAdvisor. One such error is QuickBooks Error code 1935 which is an installation error that usually occurs when one tries to install programs from QuickBooks or when QB is running the Windows Startup. This error can also occur when one is installing Windows Operating Systems.
While installing QuickBooks or Microsoft .NET Framework, any of the below error message might appear on the screen:
Error 1935: This setup requires .NET Framework.
Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly.
Users often consider this error as one of the most annoying error to tackle. Understanding this, we have come up with this blog post, where we will be discussing all the facts associated with QuickBooks install error 1935.
However, if you are short of time, then you can consult our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who leave no stone-unturned in providing the best possible support services to QB users.
You might also see: What is QuickBooks payroll error 1904?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1935?
QuickBooks error code 1935 indicates the requirement of .Net framework. It should be noted that .Net Framework is one of the most essential Microsoft components that are required by QuickBooks application. Absence of this framework can lead to the install error 1935 or others. The error will appear as QuickBooks Error 1935 with a description saying that “QuickBooks needs to be closed as it has faced a problem“. This error may occur in Windows XP, Vista, 8 and 7 operating system. This error not only affects the program, but also it strikes other windows applications which includes, Norton antivirus, Alchemy Catalyst, Pinnacle Studio, AutoCAD, and even the apps owned by Microsoft.
There can be various other facts associated with error code 1935, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Install Error 1935
Here is a list of the possible symptoms of this error:
- Error message appears- QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to be shut down.
- The Computer periodically freezes for a few seconds
- Code 1935 is displayed repeatedly on the screen
- As you run a particular program, the computer crashes
- Windows run slowly and respond slowly as well
- This error comes up and crashes the Active Program window.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1935?
- Damaged Windows System Files
- Antivirus application are blocking the QuickBooks installation.
- Corrupted System Files Entries
- Improper deletion of Apps
- Installation of hardware and software is incomplete
- Windows system files have been deleted
- There is some improper computer shut down or Adware attack due to which the file error occurs.
- .Net Framework got damaged somehow or hasn’t been established yet
- In case the .Net framework is outdated
- Spoiled windows registry can also be one of the causes of error 1935
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks error code 15311
Steps to Fix Error 1935 when installing QuickBooks Desktop or .Net Framework
Below we have provided step-by-step instructions to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935:
Method 1: Activate Selective startup mode
- Press Ctrl+R keys and open Run Command
- Type ‘misconfig’ and press OK button
- Click Startup > General Tab > Load System Services > Load Startup Items
- Press on ‘Services Tab’ option
- Click ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and ‘Disable’ option
- Uncheck ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ option.
- Choose the list of services and make sure that Windows Installer Checkbox is marked and click OK button.
- Click ‘Restart in the system configuration window’ and restart computer
- After this, do a Clean Install of QuickBooks desktop.
- Press Ctrl + R keys together and type ‘misconfig’ and press Enter key
- On the General tab choose Normal startup >> OK button
- Now restart your computer.
Read Also: How to rectify QuickBooks Error code 15215?
Method 2: Repair Microsoft .Net Framework
- Open the Control Panel and click ‘Uninstall’ option
- Now, click ‘Turn windows features ON or OFF’
- Ensure that .NET Framework 4. Is enabled. Also, close the Windows Feature window and then Reboot computer.
- Repair the .NET Framework by unchecking the box and rebooting the computer.
- Check .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled. Click the box to do enable it if it is not. Reboot the computer and repair the .NET Framework and then, reboot the computer.
Method 3: Disable anti-virus on a temporary basis
- Restart computer and start the installation process
- Disable the anti-virus software for sometime
- Once the installation is done, enable the anti-virus program.
Method 4: Update your Windows OS
- Click Start and enter ‘Update’ in search box
- A Windows Update Dialog Box will appear
- If there are any updates required, click on ‘Install Update’
Method 5: Reinstall Latest .Net Framework
- Restart computer in which you had faced QuickBooks Install Error 1935 and redo the installation process.
- Make sure that you stop the anti-virus program during installation
- Install QuickBooks and .NET Framework
- Restart anti-virus program once QB and .NET Framework is installed.
Method 6: Update Microsoft .Net framework to the latest version
- Refresh Microsoft .NET Framework to most recent form
- Go to .Net Framework site
- Download Web Installer
- Read On-Screen instructions and introduce .NET framework.
Method 7: Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Login to the system and connect to the internet connection
- After that download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save the file on the desktop where you can easily find it.
- Now double click on QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file
- Close all programs in the background and run QBinstall diagnostic. This process will take 15 to 20 minutes as per your internet connection speed.
- Once the process is done reboot your computer system
- Finally, Install your QuickBooks desktop.
Method 8: Download and run QuickBooks Component repair tool
In case none of the above methods helped in getting rid of the error, the user can opt for QuickBooks component repair tool. It is a simple 3 steps process that can help the users in fixing the error with much ease.
- The very first step is to download ‘QuickBooks component repair tool‘ from the official website of Intuit. Or the user can access the tool from QuickBooks tools hub program.
- After that, the user needs to run QuickBooks component repair tool, once it is installed.
- And then, end the process by turning off or restarting the system.
Method 9: Repairing the registry entries
- The very first step is to click the start or windows tab
- And then, enter the command and avoid hitting enter
- Followed by, pressing Ctrl+shift keys and then hit enter tab
- In the next step, the user will be redirected to the permission dialog box
- And then, hit yes
- The command prompt window will appear
- After that, in the command prompt windows and then enter the regedit and then tap on Enter tab
- And also, in the registry editor, the user needs to select the error 1935 associated key
- Under the file menu and then choose the export tab
- Also, navigate to the save in list and then select the desired folder where you wish to create a backup of QuickBooks
- After that visit the file name and then enter the name of backup file
- Once done with that, move to the export range tab and then ensure that you have chosen the selected branch
- And then hit save icon
- Followed by saving the file with .reg extension
- And to end the process, the user will have to backup the QuickBooks registries
After trying all the solutions, your QuickBooks error code 1935 is expected to vanish. However, if it is not resolved then, you can speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. 1(888)-291-2294 which is a toll-free number.
We are a group of experts and certified accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance. Thus, feel free to contact us anytime, we will be happy to help you! Instant help is just a call away!
Related articles you may read: