Here are 6 useful solutions that can fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82
QuickBooks accounting software is one of the finest accounting software, but at times there are certain glitches that the users might come across while working on this software. One such error is QuickBooks error code 6000 82. This is a common issue that typically appears while opening the company file. It may prevent you from accessing your company file on any other computer. If you have received this error, you can read on this blog post to learn all the possible reasons and solutions to this error.
Moreover, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team and our team of certified professionals and experts will be happy to help you!
You might also like: How to setup charts of accounts in QuickBooks desktop?
What is QuickBooks error 6000, -82?
The QuickBooks error 6000, -82 is a very common error encountered by users, especially when users tries to open the company file or when users makes an attempt to access the company file data stats that the application can’t reach as they are located in additional system. You can witness a pop-up message as mentioned below:
When this error occurs, users might not be able to access the company or any other system. This error code can also be seen, when we uses the software in a multi-user mode. There can be a plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of this error, which will be discussed later in this post. In case you are trying to resolve the issue by your own, then it is important to ensure that the software is updated to the latest released version. Moreover, it is important to download, install, and run QuickBooks file doctor tool on the system.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6000, 82
There can be a couple of signs and symptoms that could help users to identify the error code 6000 82, namely:
- Error code 6000 82 being displayed on the screen.
- Or the system crashes again and again with the same error message.
- In case the windows are running sluggishly.
- Or if the system or QuickBooks freezes repeatedly.
Reasons behind to QuickBooks Error 6000, 82
This error may show up for multiple reasons. Here are some of the most common causes that may trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82:
- Your QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- You have made changes in the database name.
- QuickBooks installation of your computer is encrypted.
- You are unable to find the company file on another computer.
- Corrupted company files in QuickBooks might lead to QuickBooks error code 6000, -82.
See Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 15215
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 82
Following are the best solution methods to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000, 82 like a Pro:
Solution 1: Remove any unnecessary spaces after the name of the company file and before the company file extension
- Log out of QuickBooks Desktop on all your devices.
- Open the folder that has the company file store.
- Do a right-click on the QuickBooks company file and choose Rename from the available options.
- Put in a name for the file and then look for any spaces between the file extension and the name of the company and remove them.
- Try to open or create a company file.
In case the problem stands unresolved and you are still unable to open the company file, perform the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable hosting with every computer that has QuickBooks Desktop
For Single-User Access
- Go to Files and tap on Utilities.
- Next, click on Stop Hosting Multiple User access.
- Click Yes in the pop up message for Stop Hosting Multiple User access.
- Click Yes on the next pop up box too.
For Multi-User Access
- Follow these steps on each computer that has QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open No Company Open window and choose the open a sample company file.
- Tap on Utilities opt.
- Check for the Hosting Multi-User Access option as it should be displays.
- Tap on the option Stop Hosting Multiple User access on all the computers showing this option.
- Next, try to open the company file.
Solution 3: Switch to the mode Hosting Local and Remote files for Multiple-User access
- You should perform this troubleshooting step only if the previous solutions do not fix the error.
- Open QuickBooks and press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Check that the Local Server Information towards the bottom of the window has Hosting set to local files.
- Tap on the File menu and then choose Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- On a network computer, open your company file and press F2 key on the keyboard for the product information window to open.
- Check under the Local Server Information and make sure that the Hosting is set to local files.
Solution 4: Restart Windows
Restarting your windows may sometimes fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82 as it may do away the then status of QuickBooks.
You may also see: Rectify the QBWin.log Errors in QuickBooks desktop
Solution 5: Perform standard data troubleshooting
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82 may be there on your screen due to some damaged data of your company file. In order to fix this cause, you would have to seek help from a professional. Fixing damaged company file data requires in-depth knowledge of the software. You will have to run the rebuild utility and then verify utility to fix the data damage. Thus, it’s recommended to contact an expert. The steps to be followed are:
- The very initial step is to click on utilities tab from the file menu and then click on the verify data.
- After that, when the error message is seen stating “QuickBooks detected no problem with the data“, you need to hit a click on OK tab.
- And then, you might continue using the company file.
- In case the verify finds an issue with the data, you will be prompted to rebuild now or view errors.
- You will have to click on close. Or you can perform the following steps:
- Spot the QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files. From the tech help window, if you are working with a support agent, click on the send log files to the Intuit support. This will send the file to the repository that will enable the support agent to view the log files.
- In case you are working with a support agent, you will have to locate the most recent file for Begin Verify.
- If you are Mac user, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent verify information.
- Search the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, look for it on QuickBooks learn and support. You might also see the data damage top LVL errors library.
- In case the errors within both log files might not be exactly the same but are presented in the same front.
Solution 6: Run Quick Fix Program on client computer
- The very first step in this process is to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the client system.
- And then, you need to select Program Problems .
- Next, select Quick Fix my Program option from the list.
- And the last step is to start QuickBooks desktop and then open the data file.
Similar article: How to setup remote access to QuickBooks desktop?
This brings us to the end of this blog post. We hope that you find this post informative and the solutions provided herein help you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -80. In case the error still persists, you can call our 24*7 QuickBooks desktop support team. Our team of certified ProAdvisors will be glad to inform you precise solutions at the earliest. You can simply connect with us at 1-800-761-1787, and let our experts fix the error for you!