Here is some quick steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 12002 while downloading latest updates:
QuickBooks is one of the most reliable accounting software available in the market. For having very effective features like financial management, invoice raising, inventory handling and more this application is used by small and medium organizations, accountants and even individuals. This very powerful software is by Intuit and both desktop and online version of it is available. Every year a new version of the application is launched with new and improved features.
QuickBooks might have gained immense popularity but its users do face error at times which affects their business operations. One such technical problem is QuickBooks error code 12002. This error happens when QuickBooks isn’t able to make use of the internet connections in the computer. It can be due to network timeout or slow internet speed.
The users generally get the below mentioned error codes displayed on their screen.
Error 12002: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.
Before you try to resolve the QuickBooks error 12002, it is better you know the reasons as this will help in coming up with the solutions. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then you can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will ensure to provide you with the best solution to fix the issue.
You may also read: What is the solution of QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks Error 12002?
QuickBooks payroll error 12002 can be seen when the QuickBooks software is unable to utilize the internet connection. This type of error could be seen due to slow internet connection or network timeout. This error code also appears, when the software users make an attempt to update the QuickBooks payroll. There can be a variety of reasons behind the occurrence of error code 12002, a few of which we have listed below.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 12002
- QuickBooks is not able to access the server as there is a network timeout
- Incorrect SSL setting can also lead to the error 12002
- The internet security or firewall is causing problem for the connection
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser.
Important steps before troubleshooting
Before proceeding to the fixation methods we recommend you to perform the following steps given below:
Step 1: Create a Company File Backup
- At first, open your QuickBooks desktop
- After that go to the File option and click on Backup company file.
- Now Create a local backup here.
- Once the local backup successfully created the follow the on-screen instructions to create company file backup
Step 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to QuickBooks Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- After That click on Update Now option.
- Choose Get updates and wait for a while
- It will take few seconds to sync with the server and show all the available updates.
- Now you need to click on Update Now to update all the updates.
Ways to fix the QuickBooks error code 12002
After following the above given steps checkout the following ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 12002:
Solution 1: Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
- The first thing to do is to close QuickBooks and open the Internet Explorer
- After this select Tools and then choose the Internet Option
- Then choose the Security Setting and ensure that the security setting is set it to Medium High
- Now click on the Globe icon and then select the Content tab
- Do ensure that the Content advisor button is enabled
- After it is done click on the Connection tab and follow the below mentioned steps
- First select Never a Dial connection.
- Ensure that you select the right ISP and then tap on OK button.
- After this you have to choose the LAN setting option
- Check if the automatically detect settings check box is enabled
- Also check if the Use a Proxy Server is disabled
- In case, you come across the port 80 uncheck the box
- Once done, click on OK button
- Now you have to choose the Advanced Tab:
- First click on the Restore Advanced Setting option
- After this search for Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options
- Do make sure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the other two are unchecked
- Once done close the Internet Option and then click on OK button.
- Now shut down the Internet Explorer and restart the system.
- After this you have to open QuickBooks and update it again.
If the above given steps doesn’t helpful for you then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify the Internet Connection
- The first thing to do is Select the Help option and then click on the Internet Connection Setup
- After this choose the ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’
- Now again update it
- For QuickBooks 2008 and more recent versions: Choose the Help option and click on Update QuickBooks and then on Update the Now tab
- For QuickBooks 2006 and older versions: Select File and Click on Update QuickBooks and then on the Update the Now tab.
Solution 3: Set-Up an Internet Connection
- The first thing to do is open QuickBooks and then go to Help and check the Internet Connection Set up.
- After this click on the Internet Connection Set Up
- Now click on Next and Done.!
- Lastly update the application and check if the error is resolved or not.
Read this also: How to get rid of from QuickBooks error code 6150?
Solution 4: Reset Updates settings in Internet options
- The first thing to do is to click on the Update Now tab
- After this select the Reset Update Checkbox
- Tap on Get Updates and in case the updates fail then follow the below mentioned steps
- First click on the Advanced Setting Option
- Then find the Use TLS 1.0, USE TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options
- Do ensure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the other two are unchecked
Solution 5: Update your chrome browser
- On your computer, open Chrome browser.
- Hit a click on More button, at the top right.
- After that click on Update Google Chrome option.
- Wait for a few seconds to update the browser.
- Once ye updation done. Hit a click on Relaunch.
Note: In case you can not able to find the Update option, then you are using the latest version of chrome.
Solution 6: Updating QuickBooks
The user can update QuickBooks and try to fix the error code 12002:
- The very first step is get help and select an internet connection setup
- And use the internet connection settings of my system to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet
- Also, click on next
- And update the QuickBooks again with the steps below:
- The user needs to select the file tab and then update tab to be selected. Also, select update now tab for QuickBooks 2006 and earlier versions
- And then, select file, and update tab. Also, select the update now tab for QuickBooks 2008 and the later versions
Also See: How to Fix QuickBooks Error TD500?
All these above methods can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 12002. However, if it doesn’t get fixed then you can always take help from the QuickBooks payroll support team available 24/7. All you need to do is dial our toll-free number i.e. 1(800)761-1787, and talk to our technical support team.
Few Recommended Blogs: