Here is some quick steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 12002 while downloading latest updates:
QuickBooks is among the most dependable accounting software in the market, having been trusted by hundreds of thousands of business owners and accountants throughout the world. QuickBooks is a sophisticated and innovative accounting software that includes a wide range of features such as financial management, invoice raising, inventory handling and more. Developed by Intuit, this software is available in both desktop and online versions. Every year a new version of the application is launched with new and improved features.
QuickBooks, despite being a powerful accounting software, is prone to errors and malfunctions that can stymie your productivity. In this article, we’ll look at a typical technical snag called QuickBooks error code 12002. This error can occur as a result of a network timeout, slow internet connection, or any other internet connectivity issue that prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the Internet. On your computer screen, you can see the following error code:
|QuickBooks Update Error||Problem|
Error 12002: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.
Before we venture into the troubleshooting methods to resolve the QuickBooks error 12002, it is better you know the reasons as this will help in coming up with appropriate solutions. However, you can seek our expert assistance by simply getting in touch with our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will leave no stone unturned towards providing you with the best solutions to fix the issue.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a – Error Loading Type Library or Dll
What is QuickBooks Error 12002?
When the QuickBooks software is unable to access the internet connection, QuickBooks payroll error 12002 appears. This error can occur as a result of a sluggish internet connection or a network timeout. When users of the software attempt to update the QuickBooks payroll, this error code occurs.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 12002
There can be a plethora of reasons contributing to the occurrence of error code 12002, the most prominent of which we have listed below.
- QuickBooks is not able to access the server due to a network timeout.
- Incorrect SSL setting.
- The Internet security or firewall is causing problem for the connection.
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser.
- Poor internet connection can also be a primary reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 12002.
Important steps before troubleshooting
Before proceeding to the fixation methods, we recommend you perform the following steps given below:
Step 1: Create a Company File Backup
- To begin, open QuickBooks on your computer.
- After that, go to the File menu and choose the Backup company file option.
- Now, make a local backup of your data.
- Once the local backup is successfully created, follow the on-screen instructions to create company file backup.
Step 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop
- Head to QuickBooks Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- After that choose the Update Now option.
- Click on Get updates and wait for the process to conclude.
- It may take a while to Sync with the server and show all the available updates.
- You now need to click on Update Now to update all the updates.
Ways to fix the QuickBooks error code 12002
After following the above mentioned steps checkout the following ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 12002:
Solution 1: Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
- In the inception, close QuickBooks and open the Internet Explorer.
- After this choose Tools and then head to the Internet Option.
- Subsequently, choose the Security Setting and ensure that the security setting is set to Medium High.
- Now. click on the Globe icon and then choose the Content tab.
- Ensure that the Content advisor button is enabled.
- After it is done, click on the Connection tab and follow the steps given below:
- Choose Never a Dial connection.
- Ensure that you select the right ISP and then tap on OK button.
- The, choose the LAN setting option.
- Check if the automatically detect settings check box is enabled.
- Check if the Use a Proxy Server is disabled.
- In case, you come across the Port 80 , you need to Un-check the box.
- Once done with the steps mentioned heretofore, click on OK button.
- Now you have to proceed to the Advanced Tab:
- Click on the Restore Advanced Setting option.
- Afterwards, search for Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Do make sure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the other two are unchecked.
- Once done, close the Internet Option and then click on OK button.
- Now shut down the Internet Explorer and restart the system.
- After this you have to open QuickBooks and update it again.
If the above given steps doesn’t helpful for you then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify the Internet Connection
If the first method fails to resolve the error, we recommend that you check your internet connection. Following are the steps you need to take:
- Firstly, Select the Help option and then click on the Internet Connection Setup.
- After this choose the ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’.
- Now again update it
- For QuickBooks 2008 and more recent versions: Choose the Help option and click on Update QuickBooks and then on Update Now tab.
- For QuickBooks 2006 and older versions: Select File and Click on Update QuickBooks and then on the Update Now tab.
Read this also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6150?
Solution 3: Set-Up an Internet Connection
- Open QuickBooks and then navigate to Help and choose the Internet Connection Set up option.
- After this click on the Internet Connection Set Up.
- Now click on Next and Done.!
- Lastly update the application and check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Reset Updates settings in Internet options
If the methods stated above didn’t work, reset the updates settings in internet options. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- The first step is to choose the Update Now tab.
- Then select the Reset Update Checkbox.
- Tap on Get Updates and in case the updates fail then follow the below mentioned steps:
- First click on the Advanced Setting Option.
- Then find the Use TLS 1.0, USE TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Do ensure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the other two are unchecked.
Solution 5: Update your chrome browser
Another option is to install the latest version of the Chrome browser. If the Chrome browser is outdated, the error is likely to appear. As a result, to upgrade the browser, follow the procedure given below:
- To begin, open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Then, at the upper right, click on the More button.
- Then choose Update Google Chrome.
- Now wait for a while to update the browser.
- Once the process is over, you need click on Relaunch.
Note: In case you can not able to find the Update option, then you are using the latest version of chrome.
Solution 6: Updating QuickBooks desktop
You can update QuickBooks and try to fix the error code 12002:
- First step is get Help and select an Internet connection setup.
- And use the Internet connection settings of my system to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Also, hit a click on Next.
- And update the QuickBooks again with the steps below:
- You need to select the File tab and then Update tab to be selected. Also, select Update now tab for QuickBooks 2006 and earlier versions.
- And then, select file and Update tab. Also, select the Update now tab for QuickBooks 2008 and the later versions.
Solution 7: Install/Uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
We hope that you have already created a back up of your data. Now, keep your QuickBooks Desktop license and product details handy before you start performing the steps provided below.
Step 1: Start Your System in Selective startup mode
Switch to Selective startup mode to prevent all other applications from interfering with the repair process. If you are not comfortable or confident in carrying out the instructions as outlined at any point before or during the process, please contact a Windows expert.
- Press the Win + R keys together to access the Run command box on the bottom left of your computer screen.
- Type msconfig and select OK tab.
- After that head to the General tab and choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- Hit a click on the Services tab and then choose Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now select Disable all.
- You now need to Un-check the option labelled Hide all Microsoft services.
- Select OK after verifying that the Windows Installer checkbox is selected from the list of services.
- On the System Configuration window, click Restart.
Step 2: Uninstall or Install QuickBooks Desktop
- After your computer starts, clean install QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Switch back to Normal startup mode
After you have uninstalled and installed QuickBooks, restore your system to its normal configuration.
- To access the Run command box, press the Win + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type Msconfig and select the OK button.
- Choose the General tab and the opt for Normal startup.
- Now choose OK button.
- Select Restart on the System Configuration window.
This article contained all the viable troubleshooting methods which you require for fixing QuickBooks Error Code 12002. We’ve tried to keep it as simple and straightforward as possible, and we hope you find it useful.
If you face any difficulty while implementing the solutions provided within this article, feel free to call our 24×7 QuickBooks payroll support team at 1800-761-1787. Our Customer support team shall make sure that all your QuickBooks-related queries and intricacies get sorted out in a timely manner.
Few Recommended Blogs: