Are you facing technical complications related to internet connection while trying to make QuickBooks Payments? Due to internet connection-related issues, users may observe missing data and stumble upon variegated errors while creating invoices or going for QuickBooks payments.
To rectify these internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments, you may need to make alterations in the internet connection configuration, including other changes, all of which we shall discuss in this cogent blog. So, stick around till the end of this blog and revamp your QuickBooks to process payments once again.
You might also see: Why does QuickBooks Error Code C=47 Error Occur?
Methods to Fix Internet Connection Problems in QuickBooks Payments
This section contains updated methods that will guide you toward fixing the technical issues encountered while making QuickBooks payments. So, keep an attentive eye and stick to the solution steps in the same order as discussed.
Method 1: Deleting cache and junk files in I.E
The steps to remove unnecessary junk and cache files in I.E are given as under:
- In the beginning, you need to run Internet Explorer (I.E) on your system. The same can be accessed in the Start menu.
- Once I.E is open, pick the Tools tab.
- From there, you need to click on Internet Options.
- Soon after, hit on the General tab.
- Head to the Browsing history option and then hit on the Delete option.
- Make sure to checkmark the boxes beside the Temporary Internet files, Cookies & website data, Saved Passwords, and other options.
- Subsequently, hit on the Delete option.
- You are now supposed to make an exit from the Internet Options and close I.E. as well.
- Now, restart QuickBooks and try to process your payments once again. If the internet connection problems still keep coming up, just head to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Make Changes to the settings for Compatibility View in I.E.
The error might be caused due to some misconfigurations in the compatibility view settings. These settings decide how your web pages get displayed. The steps to change these settings are given below:
- The first step is to open Internet Explorer.
- Afterward, advance to the Tools menu.
- Within the Tools tab, choose the Compatibility View Settings.
- Herein, you are supposed to click on Add this website option.
- Now, include ‘https://*.intuit.com’ field, followed by hitting on Add option
- On similar lines, you are required to add ‘https://*.intuit.net’ and ‘https://*.quickbooks.com’ websites.
- Once you are done adding all three websites, hit on the option to Close the window.
- Soon after, open QuickBooks and try processing your payments again.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
Method 3: Add Intuit to the trusted sites list
Another viable option for fixing internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments is by adjusting the internet settings in QuickBooks itself. The steps given below shall guide you through with the process:
- To kick start the process, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, hit on Help menu.
- Then, click on Internet Connection Setup.
- You now need to choose the option to Use my computer’s Internet connection settings. Upon choosing the option, hit on Next tab.
- Subsequently, hit on the Advanced Connection Settings option.
- Herein, hit a click on Security and then visit the trusted sites option.
- Click on the Sites option, and add the following three sites:
- Once you are done incorporating these sites, click on Close.
- Now, hit on the Custom level option and then jump to the Miscellaneous section.
- In this section, click on the Enable option under the option to Access data sources across domains.
- Follow it up by hitting on Ok.
- Hit on Apply and then press OK tab.
Method 4: Make changes to settings pertaining to cookies
- Open QuickBooks and then, under the Help menu, head to the Internet Connection Setup.
- Now, move to the Advanced Connection Setup.
- After that, choose the Privacy option.
- Hit on the Advanced option.
- Herein, you are required to click on the option to Override automatic cookie handling.
- Afterward, look for First party cookies option and Third-party cookies option. Subsequently, choose the Accept option associated with both options.
- After that, you need to click on the option to always allow session cookies.
- Hit on Ok tab.
Method 5: Configure ActiveX Control
The steps to make changes to the settings of ActiveX Control are given below:
- Initially, hit on the Security tab.
- Follow it up by moving to the Internet section.
- You now need to choose the Custom level pertaining to the Security level for this zone.
- Now, look for the ActiveX Controls and associated plugins.
- Choose the option to Enable the following options:
- Binary and script behaviors
- Download ActiveX Controls
- Run ActiveX controls & plugins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Once you are done, hit on Ok.
Method 6: Altering the settings related to Trusted Sites
- Advance to the Security tab and then move to the Trusted Sites section.
- You now need to choose the Custom level option available under the security level option.
- Hit on Reset and then click on Yes.
- Finally, hit on Ok.
Method 7: Enable TLS 1.2
- Advanced to the Internet Connection Setup in the Help menu in QuickBooks.
- Then, head to Advanced Connection Setup.
- Herein, make sure to uncheck the box beside do not save encrypted pages to disk option.
- Thereafter, hit on the option to Use TLS 1.2.
- Then, hit on Ok tab.
Method 8: Disabling the pop-up blocker
- To disable the pop-up blocker, head to the Privacy tab in the Advanced Connection Setup.
- Then, hit on Privacy.
- Now, unmark the box beside the option to Turn OFF the pop-up blocker.
- Click on Ok to save the changes.
Method 9: Additional troubleshooting measures
- For fixing internet connection issues in QuickBooks payments, you should consider adding QuickBooks as an exception in Firewall and antivirus program.
- Make sure that your internet connectivity is uninterrupted.
- Also, go for a complete system scan to fix any viruses.
- Use the SFC/scannow command in the command prompt to scan your system for any bad sectors and technical issues.
- If none of the options proves viable in fixing the connection problems while making QuickBooks payments, go for a system restore and restore your system to the latest restore point.
This article elaborated on all the potential methods to fix internet connection problems in QuickBooks payments. We wind up this blog hoping that you should now be able to make QuickBooks payments without any hassle. For further queries, just connect with our team of QuickBooks error support experts at the helpline i.e., +1-800-761-1787.
QuickBooks payments can be severely impacted due to the following reasons:
1. Slow internet connectivity
2. Network-related disruptions.
3. Firewall or antivirus may be preventing QuickBooks Payments
4. Network-related configuration issues
5. Technical aberrations related to the internet service provider (ISP).
Yes! QuickBooks Payments requires port 443 (HTTPS) corresponding to the outbound connections.
Yes! Temporary network disruptions can instigate internet connectivity issues in QuickBooks Payments.