Get the latest steps to download, install and set up the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:
If you are a Mac user and looking for the perfect accounting software, then QuickBooks is a perfect choice. It is available for Mac users, and that too, with specific features that are exclusive to Mac users. A few of the assorted features include Automatic reminders in iCalender, timely notifications in the menu bar, and auto contacts sync in Mac operating system’s address book. Setting up and installing the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac involves a few simple steps that are given below in this article. So, keep reading on!
If you want an expert to install and set up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, give us a call right now and seek assistance from our experts. Our professionals will gladly assist you in installing and configuring QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Alternatively, you can scroll through this post for more details.
Essential points to consider before setting up QuickBooks Mac
There are certain points that you should consider before setting up and installing QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Let us check out the points one by one:
- Before starting with the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, it is important for you to consider certain pointers, including the following:
- You need to ensure to run QuickBooks Mac desktop on the system. And then check the minimum system requirements for the particular Mac version.
- In case you have accidentally purchased QuickBooks for windows, then he/she needs to ensure to return the product and get the right version.
- Also, ensure that to prepare the license and product number.
- In case you are having the CD, then you need to look for the scratch off label on the packaging.
Least system requirements for Mac Desktop
There are certain system requirements that are required for installation of QuickBooks desktop for Mac. Let us check out those system requirements:
- You need to have at least MacOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Also, Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher is mandatory.
- You should also have multi-user server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor in order to run a server
- At least 2 GB RAM is a must, however, it is recommended to have 4 GB RAM
- Ensure that the product is registered
- Also, for Mac, using Intuit checks to print checks
- Another thing is that the printer should be 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, in order to print the invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, etc
- 250 MB disk space should be available
Also, the CD/DVD drive or the internet connection for downloaded installation.
Limitations of QuickBooks desktop for Mac
Despite of the above stated plus points, there are certain limitations associated with the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- Maximum three user licenses: QuickBooks for Mac offer two user license and you can buy only one license additionally.
- No access to data via mobile: QuickBooks online permits you to access the data from mobile phones, but this feature is not offered by QuickBooks for Mac.
- Limited technical assistance: One more limitation of QuickBooks for Mac is that it comes with unlimited tech support for 30 days, but later on you will have to purchase the support plan.
Related Article: How to Troubleshoot Multi-user Issues in QuickBooks for MAC?
Steps To Install And Set Up QuickBooks Desktop For Mac
This section contains all the essential steps for installing and setting up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. It is pertinent to note that these steps only relate to QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. In case you are using QuickBooks for Windows, the set of steps would differ. Let us check out the steps involved here:
Step 1: Ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac will run on the system
In this step, you need to check the system requirements for Mac version, which we have already discussed in the preceding section. This step will ensure that QuickBooks software gets installed on your system without any intricacy.
- An operating system of at least Mac OS X v11.3 (Big Sur) or later
- A seamless internet connection for installation.
- Export report data – Apple Numbers v3.5, and Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365
- E-mail as PDF – Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365
- File conversion – QuickBooks Mac 2022 supports:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Windows 2022
- Conversion to and from QuickBooks for Windows 2022
Step 2: Spot the license and product numbers
- In case you have downloaded a digital copy: You might have got an email confirmation that would have the license and the product number. If, the mail isn’t received, then you may locate the license number or you can contact support team.
- In case you got a physical copy: In such as case, you need to look for the scratch off label on the packaging, then you need to scratch the label to spot the license and the product number.
Step 3: Download & Install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
The procedure to download and install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac on your respective systems, you can perform the easy-to-follow instructions given below.
- You need to first download the QuickBooks desktop for Mac version or use the CD installer.
Note: It should be noted that if you are trying to download the installer and are having trouble, then you might need to clear the browser’s cache and cookies or use a different browser.
- Close all the running applications.
- Subsequently, double-click the downloaded installer or the QB executable file to proceed with the installation process.
- Once the extraction of file gets completed, choose on yes to all.
- Furthermore, hit on the next tab to start the installation.
- Go through and agree to the Software license agreement.
- Moreover, enter the license and product numbers, along with clicking on to next tab.
- You now have to choose the installation type:
- Express: This will help you to permit the installer to make the suggested choices for you. Including replacing your previous version of QuickBooks, in case you have one. Keep a note that the accountant edition doesn’t replace older years by default.
- Custom and network options: You need to choose this particular option if you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks desktop.
- Proceeding ahead, you need to choose where you will be using QuickBooks.
- It should be noted that if you choose express in the previous step, then skip the next step only.
- Or if you choose express in the previous step, then skip the step.
- Choose, I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer
- Or I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer. And I’ll be storing our company file here. So it can be shared over our network: go for this option, if you will be running QB.
- Hit on next to install the software to the default directory. Or if in case you wish to go for the of your choice, then browse the directory and choose the location and hit next.
- Click on install to continue and also click on back, if needed.
- Once done, click on the open QuickBooks option.
- Lastly, Activate QuickBooks.
Related Article: How to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Step 4: Upgrade and convert the company file
In case you have upgraded from previous version of QuickBooks desktop for Mac, then you need to update the company file to work in the newer version. The steps involved in this process are:
- To begin with, open the company file in the newer version.
- After that, when the QuickBooks software prompts to update or convert the company file, then select upgrade.
- And then, select OK button if you see any pop-up on your screen.
- And lastly, check the balance, reports and accounts. This is necessary because it ensures that correct company file converted.
Step 5: Setting up multi-user (not mandatory)
In case you are having more than one user license, then you could set up QuickBooks in multi-user mode to ensure that all users can access the file at the same time. Proceed with the steps earmarked as follows:
- Initially, open the multi-user folder.
- Afterward, drag the QuickBooks server icon to the applications folder. User added image.
- The next step is to choose authenticate to modify the applications folder, if asked. And then enter the admin username and password and choose OK.
- Subsequently, launch the QuickBooks software and open the company file.
- To end the process, make sure to visit the file and then choose enable multi-user mode to share the company file.
You might also see: A Guide to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Error: Microsoft Visual C++
Perks And Pitfalls Of QuickBooks Desktop For Mac
If you are starting off with QuickBooks mac desktop, then it is important for you to learn the perks and pitfalls of the same.
Although the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac comes with assorted benefits, it does suffer from some limitations, which include the following:
- One of the major limitation with QuickBooks for mac is that it has maximum of three user licenses. It generally comes with two user license and you can buy one addition license only.
- Another pitfall can be limited technical support. When you buy QuickBooks Mac desktop, you get unlimited tech support for 30 days but you have to buy a plan to get QuickBooks support and help.
- You don’t have mobile access to data. Unlike QuickBooks online, you don’t get access to the data from mobile phones but need to have the software installed on the system in QuickBooks mac desktop.
The major advantages of using this impeccable accounting program include:
- What makes it compelling is its user-friendly interface. QuickBooks mac desktop is easy to install and set up and navigate, just in case you don’t have an accounting background.
- It also offers many advanced features for a one-time investment cost.
- Just in case you require setting up your business or you have any queries, then you can find a bookkeeper or accountant who is familiar with QuickBooks for Mac.
Installing and setting up QuickBooks desktop for Mac doesn’t require in-depth technical knowledge; all you have to do is to carry out the above-stated steps. However, if you feel the need for technical assistance at any point in time, then you must get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop for Mac support team at 1-800-761-1787.
Our dedicated support team and certified ProAdvisors will be there to assist you in a single call. This process might seem to be a bit technical, so we recommend you contact us without any hesitation. We will be happy to help you.
Other helpful articles: