Get the latest steps to download, install and set up the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:
If you are a Mac user and looking for a good accounting software, then QuickBooks is a great solution. It is available for Mac users and that too with some features that are exclusively for Mac users. A few of the features include the following: Automatic reminders in iCalender, timely notification in the menu bar, auto contacts sync in Mac operating system’s address book. Setting up and installing the latest version of QuickBooks desktop for Mac involves a few simple steps that are given below in this article. So, keep read on!
However, if you want an expert to install and set up the QuickBooks desktop for Mac, then give us a call right away and ask our professionals for further assistance. Our experts will be happy to assist you in installing and setting up QuickBooks desktop for Mac. Or else you can scroll through this post and explore further information.
Essential points to consider before setting up QuickBooks Mac
There are certain points that you should consider before setting up and installing QuickBooks desktop for Mac. Let us check out the points one by one:
- Before starting with the installation process of QuickBooks desktop for Mac, it is important for you to consider certain pointers including the following:
- You need to ensure to run QuickBooks Mac desktop on the system. And then check the minimum system requirements for the particular Mac version.
- In case you have accidentally purchased QuickBooks for windows, then he/she needs to ensure to return the product and get the right version.
- Also ensure that to prepare the license and product number.
- In case you are having the CD, then you need to look for the scratch off label on the packaging.
Least system requirements for Mac desktop
There are certain system requirements that are required for installation of QuickBooks desktop for Mac. Let us check out those system requirements:
- You need to have at least MacOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by MacOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Also, Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher is a must.
- You should also have multi-user server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor in order to run a server.
- At least 2 GB RAM is a must, however, it is recommended to have 4 GB RAM.
- Ensure that the product is registered.
- Also, for Mac, using Intuit checks to print checks.
- Another thing is that the printer should be 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, in order to print the invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, etc.
- 250 MB disk space should be available.
Also, the CD/DVD drive or the internet connection for downloaded installation.
Limitations of QuickBooks desktop for Mac
Despite of the above stated plus points, there are certain limitations of QuickBooks desktop for Mac.
- Maximum three user licenses: It should be noted that QuickBooks for Mac offer two user license and you can buy only one license additionally.
- No access to data via mobile: Another limitation of QuickBooks desktop for Mac is that the QuickBooks online permits you to access the data from mobile phones, but this feature is not present for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Limited technical assistance: One more limitation of QuickBooks for Mac is that it comes with unlimited tech support for 30 days, but later on you will have to purchase the support plan.
Related Article: How to Troubleshoot Multi-user Issues in QuickBooks for MAC?
Steps to Install and Set up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
It should be noted that this is only for QuickBooks desktop for Mac. In case you are using QuickBooks for windows, the set of steps would differ. Let us check out the steps involved in here:
Step 1: Ensuring that the QuickBooks desktop for Mac will run on the system
In this step, you need to check the system requirements for Mac version, that we have mentioned in above. This is to ensure that the QuickBooks can be installed on the system without any issue.
Step 2: Spotting the license and product numbers
- In case you have downloaded a digital copy: You might have got an email confirmation that would have the license and the product number. In case, the mail isn’t received, then you may locate the license number or you can contact support team.
- In case you got a physical copy: In such as case, you need to look for the scratch off label on the packaging, then you need to scratch the label to spot the license and the product number.
Step 3: Downloading and installing QuickBooks desktop for Mac
- You need to first download the QuickBooks desktop for Mac version or use the CD installer.
Note: It should be noted that if you are trying to download the installer and are having trouble, then you might need to clear the browser’s cache and cookies or use a different browser.
- After that, close all running applications.
- And then, double click the downloaded installer or insert the disc into the Mac CD drive. Also, this will automatically open the QuickBooks installation window.
- Next, drag the QuickBooks icon to the applications folder, and the applications folder will open up automatically.
- The last step is to double click the QuickBooks icon and open the application.
Related Article: How to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Step 4: Upgrading and converting the company file
In case you have upgraded from previous version of QuickBooks desktop for Mac, then you need to update the company file to work in the newer version. The steps involved in this process are:
- To begin with, open the company file in the newer version.
- After that, when the QuickBooks software prompts to update or convert the company file, then select upgrade.
- And then, select OK button if you see any pop-up on your screen.
- And lastly, check the balance, reports and accounts to ensure the correct company file is converted.
Step 5: Setting up multi-user (not mandatory)
In case you are having more than one user license, then you could set up QuickBooks in multi-user mode to ensure that all users can access the file at the same time. The steps to be carried out are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the multi-user folder.
- And then drag the QuickBooks server icon to the applications folder. User added image.
- The next step is to select the authenticate to modify the applications folder if asked. And then enter the admin username and password and select Ok button.
- After that, launch the QuickBooks and open the company file.
- To end the process, make sure to visit the file and then choose enable multi-user mode to share the company file.
You might also see: How to Create a Journal Entry in QuickBooks desktop?
Installing and setting up QuickBooks desktop for Mac doesn’t involve any rocket science, all you have to do is to carry out the above stated steps. However, if you feel the need of technical assistance at any point of time, then you must get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-800-761-1787.
Our dedicated support team and certified ProAdvisors will be there to assist you in a single call. This process might seem to be a bit technical, so recommend you to contact us without any hesitation. We will be happy to help you.
Other helpful articles: