Get the best ways to rectify the QuickBooks error code -6000, -80 while opening the company file:
“QuickBooks is a flawless software”, well that’s where you are mistaken. Though, the fact that QuickBooks is an amazing and efficient software can’t be denied, but at the same one needs to accept the truth that QuickBooks is prone to errors. One such error is QuickBooks error -6000, -80, that can be seen on both local and network setup. The user can also face difficulty in opening and working on the company file, as a consequence of this error. This error can be seen when the user tries to access the company file, also when the user was logged in single user mode, this error could be seen. If you are also facing any such error, then today’s post can be of great assistance to you, as in this post, we will be trying to assist the users in getting rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 80.
Thus, make sure to read it till the end, or if you are short of time, then you can simply contact our certified professionals and discuss the issue with them. Calling our QuickBooks enterprise support toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, will help you in that.
You might also like: Ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6010, -100
What is QuickBooks error -6000, -80?
QuickBooks error 6000, 80 is -6000 series error that the QB users often encounter while working with the company file. This error is generally related to company file and pops up on the screen with an error message. Error description and details:
Error Number- Error 6000 80
Error Name- QuickBooks Error code 6000 80
Error Description- “Error 6000, 80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.”
Developer- Intuit Inc.
Applies to- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
This error can also be seen during the program installation, while related software is running in the background, while windows opening or windows shutdown, or even during the installation of the windows software package. There can be multiple factors causing this annoying error, which will be discussed later in this post.
What triggers QuickBooks error 6000, 80?
Checkout the possible causes behind to occurring the QuickBooks error code -6000, -80:
- Any sort of data damage in the company file can lead to QuickBooks error 6000, 80
- In case the QuickBooks software unable to communicate with the server.
- Or if there is any kind of damaged company file, especially the ones with .qbw as extension.
- The user can also encounter this sort of error, when the user tries to convert a file to a company file that too, over a network and not on a local hard disk.
- In case multiple systems are configured as host for the QuickBooks data file, then in that case the user is probable to encounter this error.
- This sort of error is also seen if the file size is huge for the corresponding .TLG file.
Symptoms and signs of QuickBooks error 6000, 80
The user can identify this error by checking out the signs and symptoms below:
- The user can identify this error, if he/she is unable to open the company file
- Or there is any message window appearing on the screen with the error code itself
- Another symptom for the same can be if the QuickBooks program becomes unresponsive
- The user can also spot this error, if he/she is unable to work on his or her system as windows become sluggish
- If your active QuickBooks program or screen crashes, then you can encounter -6000, -80 error.
Methods to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 80
There can be multiple options that one can opt for in order to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000, 80. Let us check out each of the methods one by one. We have categorized the solutions for multi-user and single user mode user separately.
Condition 1: While Using in Multi-user mode
If you are using multi-user mode, then check out the solutions below:
Method 1: Copying the backup or company file
- First of all, the user should either copy to the local hard drive, such as C drive, or the backup file or the company file which is supposed to be updated
- After that, either restore the backup or update the QuickBooks company file
- The last step in this process is to copy the original location of the restored or updated file.
Method 2: Downloading and running QuickBooks File doctor tool
- The very first step, is to download QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website.
- And then, run the downloaded file to install the tool.
- After that, if the data damage is identified, but the tool is unable to fix it, then you can opt for any of the two options:
- Either restore the company file, which was backed up recently
- Or make use of auto data recovery tool in order to restore the data
- The user can then send the QuickBooks company file to the Intuit’s data recovery team.
However, if no issue is spotted in the company file by the tool, then it indicates that there is no issue with the company file.
Methods 3: Incorporate QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
- The initial step in this process is to open the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool download page
- And then download QBCD tool, followed by installing it
- The next step is to run the tool
- And in case the tool window shows green check-marks against all advanced statuses, then the connection should be fine
- The last step in the process is to open the file, and check whether the error persists.
Condition 2: While Using in Single user mode
If you are using single user mode, then the solutions for you might differ from the above-mentioned ones. The name of the solutions might seem to be similar, but the steps generally differ in both the user modes. Thus, make sure to carry out the solutions listed below:
Method 1: Copying to local hard drive
- The very first thing is to either copy to the local drive, just like the C drive, .qbb file, or .qbw file, whichever is to be updated
- And then, either restore a backup or update the QuickBooks company file
- The last step is to copy the same to original location of the restored or updated file.
Method 2: Using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and detect the data damages
It should be noted that the run-through doesn’t actually repair the data damages in QuickBooks data file, but it detects whether there are any sort of data damages or irregularities in it or not.
- Initially, download and run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool in the admin mode.
- And then, either recover the QB data using QuickBooks ADR or restore the most recent backup.
- The company file might have some sever issues, if the error repeats. Thus, the user would require to address the damaged and fix them in time with the help of professionals or any kinds of tools to fix the damaged QuickBooks company file.
- In case the user witness “No problem detected in QuickBooks company file” message and error persist, then consult a professional.
Manual solution to fix 6000 80
In case the above methods did not work for you, then you can manually resolve the error by carrying out the steps below:
- The very first step is to update to the latest release
- And then, configure the firewall or security software to permit the internet access to the QuickBooks desktop files on all systems and still getting the issue to continue to the next step
- After that, the user needs to check and set up permissions to access the company file properly
- The user needs to scab the company files folder and create the network description (.nd) file
Instant support is just a call away!
Coming towards the end of this post, we expect that the information that we have shared above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6000 80. However, in case the error persists, or if you are facing any sort of difficulty with the error fixation methods, then do not waste much time and simply contact our professionals, as the data damage issue can be a sensitive case and sort of experimenting might cause data loss.
Other recommended articles