Learn How to fix Error H202 if you use Windows Server 2012 with QuickBooks Desktop:
Many times, while using the QuickBooks accounting software, users encounter various typical errors. The fun fact about these errors is that they can be easily resolved by carrying out a few simple steps. In today’s article, we are going to discuss about the causes and fixes to QuickBooks error H202, especially if you use windows server 2012 essentials R2. You should follow these steps only if you see Error H202 and use you are Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2.
In case you find the solutions a bit complicated, then in that situation, you can contact your network admin before you begin. Moreover, reading the article till the end will help you in getting rid of the error without much hassle.
An alternative to this can be, to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to fix the error on your behalf. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you!
You may also read: How you can setup chart of account in QuickBooks desktop?
Fix QuickBooks Error H202 if you use Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2
The causes of this error can’t be defined, therefore we have directly jump down to the solutions:
Step 1: The very initial step is to check the server version
In this step the user is required to verify the server version he or she is having, for ensuring that the steps are appropriate accordingly. The user is required to carry out the steps below:
- Firstly, open the Windows start menu on the server system
- And then, type in settings into the search bar. Followed by opening the same
- After that select systems and then about option
The user will see the server version listed in the about section. For the ones who are using windows server 2012 essentials R2, the below steps are a must. However, in case the user is using any other server operating system, the basic H202 troubleshooting steps can be carried out.
Step 2: Installing QuickBooks database server manager
For the ones who have not already installed QuickBooks database server manager on the server system for each of the versions of QuickBooks, it is very much important to download and install it. The QuickBooks database server manager tool maintains the stability of the multi-user network. Now, the steps below can be continued:
The setup process can be done in two ways:
- Either by opting the full program option: This involves the full version of QuickBooks desktop and database server manager installed on the server computer.
- Or else opt for server only option: This involves only the QBDBSM installed on the server system.
Step 3: Rebooting base filtering engine service
This step is to be carried out every time the server system is restarted. The user should always sign in to the server system as a user with admin rights while troubleshooting.
Stopping the base filtering engine service
- The very initial step is, to open the Windows start menu on the server system
- And then type in run into the search bar and open run
- Followed by typing in services.msc into the run window and hit enter key
- The next step is to spot the base filtering engine on the service list
- Now, right click the base filtering engine and select the stop option
- Make sure to dismiss or stop again the error message, in case it displays on the screen
The above listed steps will end the connection to the workstations, which will be restarted later on.
Scanning the QuickBooks files
- In this process, open Windows Start menu
- Now type QuickBooks database server manager into the search bar and open the same
- Once done with that, choose the folder with the company files or you can also browse to spot the folder on the computer
- Now, select start scan option
- And end the process by selecting the close option, as soon as the scan finishes
Restarting the base filtering engine service
Now that you have completed the scanning process, it is time for you to start the base filtering engine service that we turned off earlier. The steps involved in this process are:
- Open Windows Start menu
- Type in RUN
- Also type services.msc into the run window and press Enter key
- Now look for the base filtering engine on the service list
- Followed by right clicking the base filtering engine and selecting Restart
- In case the user encounters an error message, he or she is required to dismiss it and select Start again
- Before you close the window, make sure to spot windows firewall on the service list. And also check out the status, if it’s running, then the process is complete.
In case the windows firewall is not running, the user can carry out the steps below:
- First of all, right click Windows firewall and opt for the properties option
- In the properties window, the user is supposed to select Start and restart the firewall.
These were a few steps that can be followed in order to get rid of QuickBooks error H202 especially when using windows server 2012 essentials R2. If you are still having any query, or in case the error persists, feel free to call us anytime at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294.
And our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be there to assist you. We are a group of certified accounting experts and industries best professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance for all QB queries.
Other useful links: