QuickBooks is a brilliant accounting software, but at the same time it can be prone to certain errors. QuickBooks crashing is one of the most worrisome issues for users. While working with this software, the users might encounter the QuickBooks crash com error. This error can be seen while opening, working, or emailing an invoice to a customer or a client. When the user hits OK button to email it, the user gets the error message: Crash Com Error. Hitting OK again will flash the crash com error repeatedly.
If you are facing any such error, then this article can be of great help to you. Today’s article is entirely based on the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks crash com error. Thus, make sure to read it carefully till the end. Another alternative for this can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team and let them fix the error for you within the least possible time. All you will have to do is to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will get back to you with the best possible solutions.
You may also read: Ways to rectify QuickBooks Maintenance release error 15215
What is QuickBooks crash com error?
Before digging in deep and learning the causes and quick fixes to the crash com error, it is sensible enough for the users to first understand what is QuickBooks crash com error. This error basically makes a lot of nuisance, especially as the software consists of the financial data and the records. A crash com error can be seen during major updates launched by Microsoft. The user might stumble upon this issue while sending emails, invoices, paystubs, transactions, or reports.
This error might end up in losing the unsaved information or company data, and we understand that it is a heavy-going feeling to lose the essential data. The user might encounter this error while sending or emailing invoices, and encountering this error repeatedly might end up damaging the company file. There can be a plenty other reasons behind the occurrence of this kind of error, a few of which we have discussed below:
Valid causes of QuickBooks crash com error
QuickBooks crashing is a common error that may occur due to various type of reasons. Below we have mentioned few causes behind to this error:
- Synchronization fails with Windows or other components
- Damaged or lost Windows components and MS office components can be one of the most common reasons for crash com error.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks accounting software
- Accidental deletion of QB related files can also be a factor causing this error
- Firewall or antivirus hindering the communication process of QuickBooks desktop
- Virus or malware infection can also be one of the reasons
- Damaged windows might end up in crashing the QB software
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks components.
When can you see crash com error?
There can be numerous situations, when the user can face this error, a few of which are listed below:
- While emailing invoices
- While opening the invoices
- At the time of attaching any file or something
- Also, when the user attempts to save something
- This error can also be seen, when the user tries to open check register
- Or in case of opening a report, this error could flash on the screen
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks script error?
Methods to deal with QuickBooks crash com error
Follow the below given methods in order to resolve the com crash in QuickBooks:
Method 1: Adding a window admin user
Adding a new window admin user might help in fixing the crash com error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to draft the windows user with admin rights.
- By opening the windows start menu.
- And then the user needs to select all programs option, followed by opening the Windows small business server and then opt for Windows SBS Console.
- Moving ahead the user should click on Users and Groups, and then tap on Add a new user account tab.
- The next step in the process is to fill out the user info, then follow the Add a new user account wizard.
- Now, give the new user admin rights.
- Select finish when done.
- And then log on to windows with the new user.
- Followed by re-opening the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Updating Microsoft Outlook
- The first step in this process is to move to the file option in the Microsoft outlook.
- And then, the user needs to select office account, followed by hitting update options.
- The next step in the process is to select update now option.
Method 3: Adding an email account to Microsoft outlook
- To begin with, the user needs to move to file option in the Microsoft outlook.
- And then, selecting info, followed by adding account to begin with the setup process.
- The next step in the process is to enter the email address that is to be added and then hit next,
- Now, the user should wait for Microsoft Outlook to select the server, followed by clicking on connect.
- After that, enter the password, to be used for the email address and hit OK key.
- The last step is to select OK and complete the setup.
In case QuickBooks is unable to detect the Microsoft Outlook, and then the user needs to follow the steps to see if it’s one of the email options:
- The user needs to open QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, move to the edit option, and select preferences option later on.
- The next step is to select the send forms option.
- Followed by select my preferences option.
The point to be noted here is that if the user is unable to find the Microsoft Outlook, then he/she might need to restart the system and repair QuickBooks desktop. The user might also need to create a new Windows user profile.
Method 4: Setting up Microsoft Outlook as the default mail app
In case the above methods did not work in fixing the issue, the user can set up the Microsoft outlook as the default mail app, as this would rectify the bug up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to move to the Control Panel and then Programs.
- The next step is to select the default programs.
- And then, opt for set your default programs option and then mail option.
- Now, select outlook, and save the settings.
- And then move to the next process if the error persists.
Read Also: Connect your email to QuickBooks Desktop
Method 5: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- The first step is to move to the help menu and then select the update QuickBooks option.
- After that, move to the update now tab. It is suggested to select the reset updates checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- The next step in the process is to select the get updates option, to begin with the download.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to restart QuickBooks, when the download gets finished.
- Now, the user needs to accept the option to install the latest release, when asked for.
Method 6: Toggle mail settings
- The first step is to move to the control panel, and then to the user account.
- After that, the user needs to select the mail option, followed by clicking on the Microsoft Outlook.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select show profile under the profile option.
- Followed by selecting the Outlook option.
- In case the Always use this profile option is selected, then make sure to select the Prompt for a profile to be used, after that hit Apply button.
- After that, the user needs to select always use this profile option.
- And lastly, the user needs to click on the Apply option, and then hit OK button.
Method 7: Run QuickBooks in the compatibility mode
- In this process, the user needs to right click QuickBooks on the desktop, followed by selecting properties option.
- After that the user needs to select run this program in compatibility mode.
- The next step in the process is to select Windows 7 from the drop down.
- And then, click on the option stating run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- And lastly, the user needs to select on Apply option, followed by hitting OK button.
Method 8: Creating a new Microsoft outlook email profile
- First of all, close Microsoft outlook and head towards the next step.
- The next step is to move to the control panel and then the user account.
- After that, the user needs to select the mail option.
- And click on show profiles in the mail setup window, followed by selecting Add option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to enter the name, in the profile name field.
- Once done with that, the user will have to hit OK button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts, in order to add an email account.
- The next step in the process is to select Apply option and OK option respectively.
The point to be noted here is that, this doesn’t delete the existing Outlook profile.
Method 9: Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security exceptions
- The very first step is to add QuickBooks firewall exceptions to QB communication funnel right.
- After that, configure the QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software according to the instructions given in the user manual.
- The next step is to reboot the system and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- At the end of this method, the user will have to open some other report or a form and then make an attempt to email it, to check if the crash com error continues to trouble you.
You may also see: Fix QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server
Method 10: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
- First of all, open and update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- And then make an attempt to manually update QuickBooks, if any update errors can be seen.
- After that, the user will have to open and verify the QuickBooks company file, to verify the integrity of the company file data.
- Followed by opening the item on which the QuickBooks crash com error was seen.
- The user is expected to open some other report or a form and then try to email it to check if the error continues.
Method 11: Repairing Windows and Microsoft office
- To begin with, the user is expected to repair the Microsoft office. This step will replace the unresponsive components.
- After that, the user will have to update the QuickBooks desktop and then reboot the system.
- Followed by updating the windows once again.
- The last step in the process is to remove the unidentified software installed on the system and you are good to go.
The list of methods to fix the crash com error in QuickBooks doesn’t end over here. However, applying any of the above methods might help the users to fix this bug, but if in case the error continues the user can simply consult a professional. For which, you can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss the issue with our technical support team.
We are a hub of technocrats, who strive hard to provide the best possible and highly customized solutions to the clients in the least possible time. Thus, do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks enterprise support team today, as we will be happy to help you!