QuickBooks is composite accounting software that has sprawled a revolution across businesses and accountancy sectors. But like any other computer software or application, this too isn’t without flaws and technical snags. While many common errors can be fixed by just following the on-screen prompts or with the assistance of a bit of troubleshooting, others may require a specialist for rectification. This post shall navigate across a common QuickBooks issue – QuickBooks crash com error – which is fixable if you adhere to the appropriate troubleshooting methods.
The “Crash Com Error” error is generally seen while you try to email an invoice to a client. You should go through this post carefully till the end to get apprised of the most credible ways to fix the QuickBooks crash com error. Alternatively, you can also contact our Technical support team and allow them to fix the error for you within the least possible time. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks error support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will take over from there.
You may also read: How to Fix Reconcile Discrepancies in QuickBooks Desktop?
What is QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
This post will familiarize you with the most effective avenues to fix QuickBooks crash com error but before proceeding ahead, let us know delve deeper and know more about the error. You should know that this error causes a lot of nuisance. It must be quite an annoying feeling to make all the changes in a receipt or invoice and not being able to send that to your client. This error may be experienced after some changes or updates launched by Microsoft.
You may potentially lose any unsaved information or company data as a result of this issue, and we understand how upsetting it is to lose vital information. Please keep in mind that continually experiencing this error may result in the company file being damaged. So, let’s move on to the causes which incite this error.
Valid Causes of QuickBooks Crash Com Error
QuickBooks crashing is a common error that may be triggered due to assorted reasons. We have earmarked few conspicuous causes behind this error:
- Synchronization fails with Windows or other components.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Inadvertent deletion of QB related files.
- Firewall or antivirus obstructing the functionalities of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damaged Windows files might lead to crashing of the QB software.
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks components.
- Damaged or lost Windows components and MS office components can be one of the most common reasons for crash com error.
When Can you see Crash Com Error in QuickBooks?
There can be numerous instances when you may encounter this error, a few of the most principal ones are listed below:
- While emailing invoices or opening the invoices.
- While attaching any file.
- Also, when you attempts to save something.
- You are attempting to open check register.
- While opening a report, this error could show on the screen.
Methods to Deal with QuickBooks Crash Com Error (Unable to Mail Invoices)
Follow the below given methods in order to resolve the com crash in QuickBooks desktop:
Method 1: Toggle mail settings
- To get started, navigate to the Control panel and then head to The User account.
- Select the Mail option after that, and then click on Microsoft Outlook.
- To continue, go to the Profile option and choose Show profile.
- Then select the Outlook option.
- If the Always use this profile option is selected, make sure that the Prompt for a profile to be used option is selected, and then hit the Apply button.
- After that, pick the option to Always use this profile.
- Finally, choose the Apply option before pressing the OK button.
Method 2: Adding an Email Account to Microsoft Outlook
- In the inception, head to the File menu in the Microsoft outlook.
- After that choose Info followed by adding account to begin with the setup process.
- Subsequently, enter the Email address to be added and then hit on Next.
- Wait for Microsoft Outlook to pick the server before clicking Connect.
- After that, type in the password and press the OK button.
- Finally, choose OK to culminate the setup process.
If QuickBooks is unable to detect Microsoft Outlook, try implementing the following steps to see if it is one of the email options:
- Initially, open QuickBooks desktop software.
- Afterwards, go to the Edit option and choose Preferences.
- Next, choose the Send Forms option.
- At last, choose My Preferences option.
The point to be noted here is that if you are unable to find the Microsoft Outlook, then you might need to restart the system and repair QuickBooks desktop. You might also need to create a new Windows user profile.
Method 3: Creating a new Microsoft outlook email profile
- Close Microsoft Outlook first, then go to the following step.
- Head to the Control panel and subsequently go to User account.
- After that select the Mail option after that.
- Then, in the mail setup window, choose Show profiles, followed by the Add option.
- Then, provide your name in the Profile name field.
- Subsequently, press the OK button.
- To Add an email account, follow the on-screen directions that show on the screen.
- To culminate the process, choose Apply , followed by clicking on OK tab.
It is pertinent to note that by implementing the foregoing steps, the existing Outlook profile is not deleted.
Method 4: Setting up Microsoft Outlook as the default mail app
If the aforementioned solutions fail to resolve the problem, you can set Microsoft Outlook as your default mail app, which would help to resolve the QuickBooks Crash Com Error. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- First of all head to the Control Panel and then go to Programs.
- Then choose the Default programs option.
- And then, opt for Set your default programs option, followed by the Mail option.
- Now choose Outlook, and Save the settings.
- Head to the following method if the error keeps lingering.
Read Also: Connect your email to QuickBooks Desktop
Method 5: Adding a window admin user
Adding a new window admin user might help in fixing the crash com error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The initial step is to create the Windows user with admin privileges.
- Open the Windows start menu and then choose All Programs option.
- Open the Windows small business server and then opt for Windows SBS Console.
- Proceeding ahead, click on Users and Groups, and then choose Add a new user account.
- Next step is to fill out the user info, then follow the Add a new user account wizard.
- You are now required to give the New user admin rights.
- Choose Finish when done.
- And then log on to Windows with the new user.
- Followed by re-opening the QuickBooks software.
Method 6: Updating Microsoft Outlook
- To begin, go to the File menu in Microsoft Outlook.
- After that, pick the office account and then choose Update preferences.
- The final step is to choose the Update now option.
Method 7: Repairing Windows and Microsoft office
- You first need to Repair the Microsoft office. This shall replace any unresponsive components.
- Subsequently, Update QuickBooks Desktop and then reboot your system.
- Then, Update the Windows once again.
- The final step in requires you to remove the unidentified software installed on the system.
Method 8: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- To begin with, navigate to the Help menu and then choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- Afterwards, go to the Update now option. It is recommended that you choose the Reset updates checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- Choose the Get updates option to begin with the download process.
- Next step requires you to restart QuickBooks once the download gets finished.
- Now accept the option to Install the latest release.
You may also see: Fix QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server
Method 9: Run QuickBooks in the compatibility mode
- Firstly, right click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and then choose the Properties option.
- After that select Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Select Windows 7 from the drop-down.
- Now, click on the option stating run this program as an Administrator checkbox.
- To conclude, select the Apply option, followed by hitting OK button.
Method 10: Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security exceptions
- You first need to Add QuickBooks firewall exceptions to QB communication funnel right.
- After that, configure the QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software according to the instructions given in the user manual.
- After that restart the PC and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- At the end of this method, you will have to access other report or a form and then try to email it, to check if the crash com error continues to linger.
See Also: How to Unfreeze QuickBooks Desktop?
Method 11: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
- In the beginning, you need to open and update QuickBooks to its latest version.
- Then attempt Update QuickBooks manually, to check if any update errors can be seen.
- After that, you need to open and Verify the QuickBooks company file, to verify the integrity of the company file data.
- Followed by opening the item on which the QuickBooks crash com error was seen.
- You are expected to open some other report or a form and then try to email it to check if the error continues.
This article entailed 11 of the most effective methods to fix the crash com error in QuickBooks. Although, there are some other assorted avenues to fix this error, the methods enumerated in this article should work for you. In case the issue persists or reoccurs, you can consult a professional.
For which, you can dial our helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team. We are a certified team of professionals who strive towards excellence by providing the best possible and highly customized solutions to our clients.