Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6123
QuickBooks is top-notch accounting software that has marked its presence in the accounting industry. With each passing day, more and more entrepreneurs are getting inclined towards incorporating this accounting software in order to carry out their day to day activities in a smooth manner. It is an undeniable fact that the QuickBooks has the ability to transform the way entrepreneurs carry out the accounting and bookkeeping activities, but at the same time it is an undeniable fact that the QuickBooks software at times get prone to certain errors. One such error that can be seen often is the QuickBooks error code 6123. This kind of error occurs when the user tries to open the company file. There are various other facts associated with this error code, which will be discussed later in this article.
Thus, it is recommended to go through this article carefully. However, a better alternative for the same can be to consult a QuickBooks error support team with renowned experience. You can also ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1(800)-761-1787, and our team of experts and certified professionals will definitely fix the error for you.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks validation code is incorrect problem?
Understand QuickBooks error code 6123, 0
As stated before, the QuickBooks error code 6123 is usually seen when the user makes an attempt to restore the backup of the company file. This error code pops up without any prior indication and hinders the company file activities. The user might also encounter the same error while opening a company file from the multi-user network. Or if the user opens up the file directly from the network or restoring the backup. The error message that appears with this error code states that “Problem connecting to Server”.
When you are opening a company file over a network or multi-user mode you may see the error -6123, 0 message on your computer screen
QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
Error 6123, 0: “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost”
Error code 6123, 0 can be complicated to resolve for the users, so we recommend you to disable your antivirus and security programs before proceeding to the below given troubleshooting methods.
It should be noted that, in case you are using McAfee security software, then this might be the reason causing the issue in QuickBooks desktop. However, if the user is already aware that McAfee security software does not belong to Intuit, then it is recommended to consult McAfee or continue reading this article. Whereas, if the user is not using McAfee, then the steps discussed in this article might be of some help.
Factors leading to QuickBooks error code 6123
There can be multiple factors that might lead to QuickBooks error code 6123, 0, a few of which are mentioned below:
- Damaged windows can be one of the reasons for error code 6123, 0
- Another factor that might lead to this kind of error can be damaged company file
- If the user has restored the company file from an external storage device, it can also lead to QuickBooks error code 6123
- Disrupted network connection from the host server can be another valid reason
- Firewall settings interrupting the QuickBooks software while opening the company file
- Or, in case the antivirus program is installed on the system, which might hinder the smooth communication process
- QuickBooks data files or program files are corrupted or damaged
- Damaged Windows user and QBW files
Read Also: How to setup landed cost in QuickBooks?
Quick Fixes to the QuickBooks error code 6123, 0
Now that we have learnt the factors that might lead to this error code, it is time for us to find out what are the methods that can help us to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6123, 0. We have jotted down a few of the most effective methods. So, without wasting much time, let us check out the rectification techniques one by one:
Condition 1: If you see Error 6123, 0 while opening or upgrading your company file
Follow the below given methods in above scenario:
Method 1: Renaming the company file or removing any special characters from the name
Many times, the issue is seen if the company file name has any special character in its name or the name exceeds the prescribed limit. Thus, the user needs to ensure that:
- The company file name should not exceed 30 characters
- And also, it should not contain any special character or space in its name
Method 2: Download and run QuickBooks Tools hub
- First of all, the user needs to close the QuickBooks accounting software
- And then, download the QuickBooks tools hub file. Once done with that, save the file somewhere the user can easily find it out.
- The next step in the process is to open the file that was downloaded in the above step.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to carry out the on-screen prompts, in order to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The user is then required to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub.
The point to be noted here is that, if the user is unable to spot the icon, it is recommended to do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool hub and then select the program.
Method 3: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool can help the user in automatically scanning and rectifying the issue, especially when it comes to common QuickBooks desktop data issues.
- The user first needs to select the company file issues option in the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- And then, click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- When the File doctor tool opens up, the user is recommended to select the company file from the drop down list. In case the user is unable to find it, then click on Browse option to search the system for the file i.e. [your company name].qbw.
- After that, the user needs to select the check your file only option and then hit Continue to diagnose file.
- The next step in the process is to enter the QuickBooks admin password, followed by hitting Continue. Once done with this, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will begin with the repairing process on its own, which might take some time.
- To end the process, the user needs to opt for the company file from the list and then click on the Open QuickBooks option.
It should be noted that if the file can be opened up without any issue, then the error is resolved. But make sure to backup the company file, after you have opened it up.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Method 4: Running Quick Fix my program
For this method, the user is supposed to carry out the steps below:
- First of all, click on the Programs Problems option in the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- And then, select the Quick Fix my Program tab. It might take a minute to run. In case the user is having multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on the system, then it might take more than a minute to open up.
- When Quick Fix my Program is finished, the user needs to open QuickBooks and then verify the issue if fixed.
Method 5: Renaming the .ND and .TLG file
- To begin with, the user needs to open up the folder that contains the company file.
- And then, choose the corresponding .ND file.
- Once done with that, the user needs to right click the company file and hit the rename option.
- The next step is to rename .ND file to .ND.OLD.
- After that, select the .TLG file and rename it in the same way.
- Rename it to .TLG.OLD.
- And to end then process, make sure to open the QuickBooks company file.
Setting proper folder permissions
At times, the folder settings require to be set to full access. It depends on the windows settings and windows user login.
Method 6: Creating a new Window User
The probability of Windows user login being corrupted might be higher. Thus, in that case, the user can carry out the steps below:
- Firstly, open Control Panel.
- And then, click on the Create new user option in the User icon.
- The next step is to select the administrator for user type.
- Once done with that, the user needs to log out of the existing.
- Followed by rebooting the system, and then login using the new user credentials.
- Now, the user needs to move the company file to the desktop.
- And to end the process, open QuickBooks and access the company file.
Related article: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000 816?
Method 7: Restart your system in Safe Mode
- By restarting and using your system in safe mode will stop the all 3rd party applications to restrict QuickBooks desktop to run.
- You can also try to disable 3rd party security programs temporarily in safe mode.
Method 8: Disabling the system security programs
In case the user is making use of the McAfee security software, then it might cause the issue. Majority of the times, the antivirus program interferes the company file and consider them as malware. This might hinder the user from opening the company file. In such a situation, the user is required to disable the QuickBooks application and then open the company file.
Method 9: Re-installation of QuickBooks application
- The user is required to uninstall the current QuickBooks from the control panel tab
- And then, the user needs to download QuickBooks variant that you wish to utilize on the system or use the QuickBooks installation CD
- After that install the QuickBooks in the normal mode
- Followed by entering the product ID and license number at there
- After entering the credentials, the QuickBooks will be registered and activated to use
- Lastly, try opening the company file
Method 10: Moving company file to a different location
- In order to check if there is any issue with the file path, the user will have to move the file to a different location and open it from there, in order to check if it works in a proper manner.
- After that, the user needs to move to the folder where the company files are located
- Now, right click the company file and select copy
- Once done with that, the user will have to verify that you copy the right file with the extension .QBW
- The user needs to copy the file to the desktop, and then right click on the blank space, and then choose new and folder options respectively
- After that, the user needs to open that new folder and then paste there
- Towards the end, the user needs to open the QuickBooks and access the company file from the new location
Method 11: Restoring the company file
- The user is supposed to move the backup file to the local hard drive. And also avoid opening them from an online storage folder or remove the drive
- Also, the user will have to carry out the required steps to restore the company file from the backup
Condition 2: In case the Error 6123 is encountered while restoring a backup (.qbb) on a new system
Method 1: Create a portable company file (.qbm) to restore your company file
In such situation, the user is recommended to create a portable company file. Then, the user is required to use it to restore the company file. The steps to be followed in this method are as follows:
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks desktop on the same system, which was used to create the backup company file.
- After that, open the original company file.
- The next step is to create a portable file of the company file.
- Once done with that, the user needs to open the QuickBooks desktop on the new system.
- The last step in the process is to restore the company file using the portable copy, rather than using the backup file.
Method 2: Use the QuickBooks auto data recovery
You can restore your company file using the auto data recovery function. Restore your .adr copy of this file and check it works or not. Most probably chances that this error can be resolved using this method. Click here to get the procedure of using QuickBooks auto data recovery.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
Condition 3: Manually configuring multi-user setup
If you making use of multi-user in QuickBooks, then you can configure its settings using the steps listed below:
Step 1: Renaming .ND and .TLG files
- At first, the user is supposed to open the folder to the company file
- And then, select the .ND file of the company file
- Now, right click the .ND file and them click on rename option
- The next step is to add .old at the end of the file name
- Once done with that, the user will have to repeat the same steps for .TLG file
- The user is then required to open QuickBooks desktop company file
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to re-scan the company file making use of database server manager
- For this, the user needs to first stop the database server process
- In case of windows 10 & 8
- The user should press windows key and then type in task manager
- And then, click on the task manager and then click on More details
- Once done with that, the user should select the details tab
- The next step is to locate the QBDBMgrN.exe and also right click the same.
- The user is then required to select end task
- Moreover, the user is required to repeat the same steps until all the instances of QBDBMgrN.exe have been stopped
- The last step is to close the task manager
- For Windows 7
- In case you are using Windows 7, then in that case, we suggest you to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- And then, select task manager
- Followed by, clicking on the image name column heading from the processes tab
- Also, right click the QBDBMgrN.exe and click on end task
- In this case also, the user is required to repeat the steps to stop all instances of QBDBMgrN.exe
- And also, close the task manager
- Restarting the QuickBooks services
- Here, the user is supposed to press windows + R keys, in order to open the run window
- Once done with that, the user needs to type service.msc and then press enter tab
- Now, the user needs to select the name column heading to sort the entries alphabetically from the services window
- Moving ahead, the user needs to right click on the convenient service for QuickBooks desktop version and the choose start tab
- QB Desktop 2020 or QBS Enterprise 20.0: QuickBooks DB30
- QB Desktop 2019 or QBD Enterprise 19.0: QuickBooksDB29
- QBD 2018 or QBD Enterprise 18.0: QuickBooksDB28
- QBD 2017 or QB desktop enterprise 17.0: QuickBooksDB27
- QB desktop 2016 or QB Desktop Enterprise 16.0: QuickBooksDB26
- The last step is to close services
- Re-scanning company files
- The user is required to open QuickBooks database server manager
- And, to scan, the user needs to browse for the location of the QuickBooks company file
- Also, close QuickBooks QuickBooks database server manager
- The last step is to open the company file
Step 2: Setting up proper folder permissions
It should be noted that, the folder contains the QuickBooks desktop company file is present on the host system. Moreover, all the users must be provided full control, this includes the QuickBooks database server manager user.
Step 3: Moving the company file a different location
In order to see whether there is any issue with the file path, the user can move the file to the different location, then open it from that location to check if it works.
Step 4: Checking firewall & Antivirus ports
At times, the firewall and antivirus programs might block the program from accessing the company file. The user can check configure firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks desktop to further prompts.
Step 5: Toggle Hosting settings in QuickBooks
- At first, the user needs to open the company file
- And then select the file > and choose switch to single-user mode
- Once done with that, select the file > utilities and also select stop hosting multi-user access
- The user is then required select file > utilities > choose host multi-user access
- At last, the user needs to select the file and also go for switch to multi-user mode
Fixing QuickBooks error code 6123 doesn’t involve any rocket science. Carrying out the simple procedures listed above can help the users in getting rid of the issue. However, if none of the methods worked in your favor, and if the error code 6123 continues to trouble you, then in that case, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals team.
You can make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss your issue with our tech support team. Our team of experts and certified accounting professionals will be there to assist you, whenever you will need us.
Read these articles also: