Learn how to check the product number, license number, version, and release date of your QuickBooks desktop:
QuickBooks is an amazing accounting software, which is available in different versions. It is very much important to know the version you are using. Knowing the version can be of very much help in various scenarios, especially when it comes to troubleshooting the QuickBooks product. If you are interested in learning the process too check QuickBooks product number, license number, version, and release, then today’s post is just for you. Today, we will be talking about the step-by-step procedure to find out the product number, license number, version, and release date of QuickBooks desktop. Follow the instructions mentioned later in this post.
In case you feel the need of any technical assistance, in order to find important information about QuickBooks Desktop and related products, then you can contact our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will help you out in finding out the QuickBooks product name, product number, version, license number and release.
You might also like: How to download and use automated password reset tool in QuickBooks?
Steps to check QuickBooks desktop version and release
You can carry out the below instructions, in order to identify the version and release of the QuickBooks software being used and the process to update it:
- You need to move to the Home screen.
- And press hold Ctrl + 1 or F2 key to launch the product information window.
- You will find the version, edition, and release appearing on top of the window on the product line.
It should be noted, if you are unable to open QuickBooks to get the product information due to QuickBooks login screen displaying on the screen, and the admin password is not known, then it is recommended to click on cancel. QuickBooks will be in the No company open window by default.
And you are recommended to press Ctrl key and open QuickBooks and double click the QuickBooks program icon on the desktop. You should continue to press Ctrl key, till the company open window is seen.
In case QuickBooks is still not opening:
- You are recommended to move to the QuickBooks program icon and hit a right click on it on desktop and click on properties.
- Move to the shortcut tab and click on the open file location.
- After that you will get the program executable file (QBW2.EXE) on the screen, and right click the QBW32.EXE and click on properties.
- Now move to the properties window and look for the General tab. The location line shows the year of your QuickBooks version.
- Also move to the details tab and check out the product version, the latest release update of the copy of QuickBooks shows. To understand it better, let us take an example 26.0C R5. The number 26 here refers to QuickBooks 2016. The “C” identifies the program as Canada English. The R5 refers to maintenance release 7.
QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise)
- For this, you need to start with QuickBooks desktop and press F2 key.
- In the product information window, and then look for the product name, product number and also the license number.
- After that you will be able to see the release at the end of the product name.
- Now look at the version in the version used in the file section. The list is sorted with the oldest version at the top and the most recent at the bottom.
Apply this to identify the version of QuickBooks last used to open the file
- You need to open the QuickBooks desktop and then press the F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys.
- Navigate to the product information window and then look for the file section to find the versions being used.
- It should be noted that the most recently used version is shown at the bottom of the list:
|V31||QuickBooks Desktop 2021|
|V30||QuickBooks Desktop 2020|
|V29||QuickBooks Desktop 2019|
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
Read Also: How to download and use QuickBooks tool hub?
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac (US only)
- First of all, open the QuickBooks desktop and then navigate to the help menu > Product information, in order to check the version, licence number and release.
- After that check if the QuickBooks desktop for mac demands any update or not.
QuickBooks statement writer (QSW)
- For checking the version and release, you are recommended to open QuickBooks desktop and then navigate to the report’s menu > QuickBooks statement writer. Once the program opens up, you need to select the help and about QuickBooks statement writer. After that, the information of the version will be seen in the about window.
- For updating the QuickBooks statement writer:
- You need to open the QuickBooks statement writer.
- Select the help center and also update option.
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced payroll (US only)
- You needs to apply this to check the payroll version: Open QuickBooks desktop and the go to the employee’s menu > payroll center.
- Also choose the payroll tab in order to check the subscription status window.
- Download the latest payroll update and see download the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks point of sale: the US only
- It is recommended to apply this to check the POS version and release.
- After that navigate to the help menu > about point of sale. You can see the release and version in the product line at the top.
- If the QuickBooks point of sale needs to be updated, then make sure to update QuickBooks point of sale for desktop to the latest release.
QuickBooks Merchant services or QuickBooks payments (US only)
From the start, the QuickBooks is only used as an entry point. Also, there is no version or release available in this.
We expect that after reading this post, you might be able to find out what which QuickBooks product number, license number, version, and release you are having. However, if you are stuck somewhere or in case you are facing any difficulty, then we recommend you to have a discussion or schedule a call with our Intuit certified professionals at 1-800-761-1787.
Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will help you out in providing the best possible support services.
Other helpful articles: