Learn how to check the product number, license number, version, and release date of your QuickBooks desktop:
Are you looking for a way out to check relevant QuickBooks product information, including your Desktop Version and Release? If yes, there is no need to wander anymore as this article shall unravel quick and simple steps to check your Version and Release.
QuickBooks is multi-beneficial accounting software, which is available in different versions. It becomes imperative to know the software version which you are using. Knowing the version is of utmost help in various scenarios, especially when it comes to troubleshooting the technical snags in the QuickBooks software. If you are interested to learn about the process of checking QuickBooks product number, license number, version, and release, then this post shall apprise you with all the necessary information.
We will discuss the step-by-step procedure to find out the product number, license number, version, and release date of the QuickBooks desktop. Make sure that you follow the instructions mentioned in this post very keenly. If you need technical assistance regarding QuickBooks Desktop and related products, then you can contact our QuickBooks desktop support team using our support line, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will help you find the QuickBooks product name, product number, version, license number, and release.
You might also like: Methods to Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Quick Guide to check QuickBooks desktop product version and release
You can perform the below procedure to identify the version and release of the QuickBooks software used by you and the process to update it:
- Initially, you need to proceed to the Home screen.
- Subsequently, hold the Ctrl + 1 or F2 key to open the Product information window.
- You will find the version, edition, and release appearing on top of the window on the product line.
It should be noted, if you are unable to open QuickBooks to get the product information due to QuickBooks login screen displaying on the screen, and the admin password is not known, then click on Cancel. QuickBooks will open in the No company open window by default.
You are required to press the Ctrl key and open QuickBooks by double-clicking the QuickBooks program icon on the desktop. Make sure that you continue to press the Ctrl key till the company open window is seen.
In case QuickBooks is still not opening, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Move to the QuickBooks program icon on the desktop and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties.
- When the Properties window shows up on the screen, head to the Shortcut tab and hit on Open file location.
- You will see the program executable file (QBW2.EXE) on the screen.
- Right-click on the QBW32.EXE file and choose Properties.
- Move to the Properties window and look for the General tab. The location line shows the year of your QuickBooks version.
- Also, move to the Details tab and check out the product version, the latest release update of the copy of QuickBooks shows. To understand it better, let us take a precedent: 26.0C R5. The number 26 here refers to QuickBooks 2016. The “C” identifies the program as Canada English. The R5 refers to maintenance release 7.
QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise)
- For this, you need to start with QuickBooks desktop and press the F2 key.
- The Product information window pops up on the screen. Look for the Product name, product number and also the license number.
- You will now be able to see the release at the end of the product name.
- Now check the version in the Version used in the file section. The list is sorted with the oldest version at the top and the most recent at the bottom.
To identify the version of QuickBooks last used to open the file
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop software and press the F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys.
- This opens the Product information window. You now need to look for the fFile section to find the versions being used.
- It should be noted that the most recently used version is shown at the bottom of the list:
|V32||QuickBooks Desktop 2022|
|V31||QuickBooks Desktop 2021|
|V30||QuickBooks Desktop 2020|
|V29||QuickBooks Desktop 2019|
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac (US only)
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help menu.
- Followed by the Product information, option. On the window that shows up on the screen, check the version, license number and release of QuickBooks.
- Check if the QuickBooks desktop for mac requires any update or not.
QuickBooks statement writer (QSW)
- For checking the version and release, you are recommended to open QuickBooks desktop and jump to the Report’s menu, followed by QuickBooks statement writer. The information of the version can be seen in the About window.
- For updating the QuickBooks statement writer:
- You need first Open the QuickBooks statement writer.
- Choose the Help center and hit on the Update option.
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced payroll (US only)
- Apply this to check the payroll version: Open QuickBooks Desktop and head to the Employees menu.
- Follow it up by choosing the Payroll Center option.
- Choose the Payroll tab to check the subscription status window.
- Download the latest payroll update and see download the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks point of sale: the US only
- To Check the POS version and release, follow the steps below:
- Proceed to the Help menu, followed by choosing the About Point Of Sale option. You can see the release and version in the product line at the top.
- If the QuickBooks point of sale prompts for any update, make sure to update QuickBooks point of sale for desktop to the latest release.
QuickBooks Merchant services or QuickBooks payments (US only)
QuickBooks used as an entry point from the start. There is no version or release available in this.
We expect that after going through this post, you must be able to find out the QuickBooks product number, license number, version, and release of the QuickBooks software that you are using. However, if you are impeded somehow or in case of any difficulty, we recommend you to engage in a discussion or schedule a call with our Intuit certified professionals using our dedicated helpline, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will help you out in providing unparalleled support services.
Other helpful articles: