Checkout the quick methods to troubleshoot the Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed Error 2277 in QuickBooks:
A wide range of technical aberrations keeps hampering QuickBooks users. These irregularities constitute error codes of different types. While some of these errors have the potential of damaging your invaluable company data and need technical expertise for fixation, others are mere technical glitches that can be checked by a mere system restart. One such error that has been troubling users is the QuickBooks backup Error 2277. This technical issue is typically related to an incomplete and erroneous backup of the company files. However, there are several other reasons a well that can provoke this error code in QuickBooks, all of which shall be elaborated on in this article.
In this piece of writing, we shall be covering the various aspects related to the fixation of payroll error 2277 in QuickBooks, viz, causes, symptoms, and the various solutions to root out this error. Meanwhile, if you are cynical about the technicalities involved in the troubleshooting process, you can directly contact our certified U.S based technical support team having a decade of proficiency in handling accounting-related issues encountered by businesses around the globe.
You might read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code WLT1003?
When does the QuickBooks Backup Error 2277 Show up?
Users of QuickBooks have reportedly encountered this error while following the process of backing up their company files. As a result, your backup process comes to a complete standstill. In some other cases, the error may also get displayed on your screen while performing your usual accounting operations in the QuickBooks software.
Conspicuous factors that lead to QuickBooks Error 2277
Although a brief overview of the error has already been covered in the foregoing sections, it is important to go through the various causes behind this technical QuickBooks snag.
- An incomplete or erroneous backup process usually evokes the backup error 2277 in QuickBooks. This might be primarily due to some damage caused to your company files.
- Some essential QuickBooks files might be accidentally deleted by the user.
- The Firewall may be blocking QuickBooks and thereby causing this error to occur in the accounting software.
- An excessive pileup of system junk and temporary files can also be a major source of this error message.
- Intuit may not be added to the list of trusted sites in the I.E. browser.
Major Signs and Symptoms related to this QuickBooks error 2277
The backup error 2277 in QuickBooks comes up with a certain set of signs and symptoms that are clearly noticeable. These include the following:
- The System slows down or freezes at regular intervals.
- The System may shut down abruptly and then restart again.
- While backing up your company files, a dialogue box with an error message pops up on your desktop screen.
- The QuickBooks desktop software becomes unresponsive while backing up the company files.
Read it Also: How to Rectify the QuickBooks Condense Data Error?
Different Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 2277 in Intuit Backup
Once you have gone through the brief description of the error, describing its various facets, you must have got an idea about this error. In order to get rid of this error and fix it once and for all, we shall be briefing you with different methods. These include the use of the IDP Tool, inducting Intuit as a trusted site, removing system junk, including other troubleshooting measures. We shall be elaborating on all of these preventive measures one by one. You should implement the steps in the same order as has been provided herein and make sure that any step is not skipped.
1st Solution: Make use of the IDP Diagnostic Tool
One of the most effective ways of fixing the backup error is to make use of Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool. It is a comprehensive and multifaceted tool that can diagnose any issues within your System. Perform the following steps to use the tool so as to get rid of the error 2277 in QuickBooks.
- To start off, you are required to visit the About section of Intuit Data Protect. For that, you need to right-click on Intuit Data Protect and then tap on About Intuit Data Protect.
- Herein, you need to simultaneously hit on the Ctrl + F2 keyboard keys. This action will launch the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Diagnostics Tool.
- When the IDP Tool shows up on the screen, you are then required to hit on the Run Diagnostics option.
- The diagnostic will initiate, which encompasses a full diagnosis of your Firewall, antivirus, and other system components.
- If the tool demands access to the IDP files, then you should provide consent to the same so as to allow the diagnosis to work without any disruption.
- The next step is to visit the website of the manufacturer so as to include the exception:
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IbuEnghost.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
How to fix issues while using the IDP Diagnostic Tool?
In case of some error or other issues encountered while using the IDP, you should consider incorporating Intuit in the trusted sites list. If even that doesn’t solve the issue, then you can restart your System in the selective startup mode and then attempt to use this tool to diagnose issues to fix the Backup Error 2277 in QuickBooks.
2nd Solution: Adding Intuit to the list of trusted sites
It is recommended to add Intuit as a trusted site in order to tackle a long list of internet settings-related error codes (including the Backup error) in QuickBooks. The process of including Intuit as a trusted site is quite easy and requires adherence to the following set of steps:
- The first step in the process is to run the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Upon launching the browser, you should hit on the Gear icon (located in the top right corner of the screen). This action will take you to the Tools menu.
- Within tools, the Internet Options option needs to be chosen.
- From the list of various tabs, you need to click on Security.
- Herein, you need to remove the tick mark beside Enable protected mode.
- Thereafter, hit on the green coloured tick mark symbol labelled as Trusted Sites.
- Herein, you should hit on the Sites tab.
- Within this menu, you need to unselect the box beside Require server verification (HTTPS:) for all sites in this zone.
- Within sites, you need to include three sites: ‘’.intuit.com’’, and ‘’.intuit.net’’ and ‘’backup.com’’,
- After adding the sites, hit on Close.
- The next step is to visit the Privacy tab.
- Within the Privacy tab, head to Sites.
- Include the sites given as follows: ‘’.QuickBooks.com’’ and ‘’.intuit.com.’’
- Finally, click on Ok to save all the foregoing changes, and then close all Windows.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Online Error 6250?
3rd Solution: Adding ports to Windows Firewall
There might be a possibility of the Firewall preventing QuickBooks access to the network. Under such circumstances, it is advisable to incorporate the inbound and outbound ports in your Firewall, an easy procedure if you follow the step below:
- To begin with, you need to visit the Control Panel from the Windows start menu.
- Then, head to System, then the Security tab.
- Within the security section, you need to advance to the Windows Firewall.
- Now, proceed to Advanced Settings and opt for the Inbound Rules.
- You then need to hit on the New Rules and enter the Incoming Port as 80
- Afterwards, hit on the Next tab.
- You now need to follow the same procedure for the Outbound Rules. However, this time around, add the Outgoing port as 443, 16841.
- The steps enumerated here to fore will ensure that the Firewall does not tamper with the network access to your QuickBooks software.
- After following these steps, you can re-open QuickBooks and then try the backup process once again. Hopefully, the QB Backup error 2277 should be eradicated by now.
4th Solution: Clean the System Junk and Temporary files
Unnecessary and unwanted accumulation of the system junk and temporary files can instigate a large number of technical errors (the QuickBooks Backup Error being one of them) not only in your copy of QuickBooks but in your Operating System as well. Removing the system junk is thus very essential for the seamless functioning of your System. Pay keen attention to the steps below:
- The inceptive step is to open the Internet Explorer web browser (this should also be your default web browser).
- Now, tap on the gear symbol to advance to Tools.
- Follow it up by heading to Internet Options from the drop-down list.
- Now, you need to move to the General tab. Herein, scroll down to the Browsing History.
- Finally, hit on Delete.
- Check all the boxes and hit on the Delete button to make sure that all the unnecessary files get removed.
- After performing the steps above, you need to head to the Content tab.
- Herein, choose the Clear SSL option.
- Finally, hit on Ok.
Also See: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 108?
5th Solution: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop program
If none of the above-enlisted solutions works out, we recommend you repair the QuickBooks software, the procedure for which has been elaborately discussed below:
- The process of repairing the QuickBooks software will first require you to visit the Control Panel, which can be accessed through the Windows Start menu.
- Within the Control Panel window, you need to hover and move to the Programs and Features tab.
- The new screen shows a list of installed programs within your System. You are supposed to look for QuickBooks and select it. After the selection, opt for the Uninstall/Change option, which should be followed by the Repair option.
- Now, all you need to do is proceed as per the directions on the screen to accomplish a successful repair process.
- Once this process completes, restart your System and then attempt to back up your company file in QuickBooks once again to check if the backup error 2277 got resolved.
Let us wind up!
It is time to end this article; at this stage, we hope that you will be able to resolve QuickBooks error 2277 without any technical hindrance. However, exceptions always remain, so we should always reserve a backup. Your backup is our unwavering support. Our QuickBooks desktop error support team is always there to assist you. Just ring us a call at our helpline 1-800-761-1787, and get your QB issues sorted out in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
QB users may observe Error 2277 while backing up their company files. Due to this error, the entire backup process comes to a complete standstill.
The different approaches to fixing such errors are:
1. By using IDP Diagnostic Tool
2. The user can add Intuit as a Trusted site
3. Also, the user can add QuickBooks ports to the Firewall.
4. Users need to clean system junk and Temporary files.
5. If none works in your case, the user can repair their QuickBooks Desktop.
Of Course! This error, if left unresolved, can result in serious ramifications on your crucial accounting information in the Company file.
Most Popular Topics: