DIY tips and tricks to crack QuickBooks Admin Password you should know
Keeping our data safe while using the internet is our responsibility. One way of doing is only using the reliable software and tools. QuickBooks is one such powerful software that gives users protection from data theft and misuse. Thus, retrieving the admin password of QB isn’t a simple task. The software recommends its users to keep a strong password and authorized users can reset the password in case it’s forgotten. The users can follow certain steps to crack QuickBooks admin password using automated password reset tool.
Today’s article is entirely focused on the process to use QuickBooks automated password reset tool to crack admin password and related facts. Thus, make sure to stay tuned with the post till the end. Well, the fact that password is a sensitive case can’t be denied, so if you are skeptical about experimenting and trying the process on your own, then you can contact a team of professionals with renowned experience to carry out the process for you. You can simply make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323 and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be there to assist you.
You may also read: What versions of QuickBooks desktop are compatible with Windows 10?
Things to know about changing/resetting QuickBooks Admin Password
QuickBooks requires you to manually enter your password every time you have to access the QuickBooks company file to keep your data secured. Also, you would have to change every QB password every 90 days. QuickBooks offers the users multiple prompts to change the password when the expiry date of the password approaches.
It is not rare for anyone to forget a password. And when a situation like this occurs, you can easily retrieve the QuickBooks Admin Password. For cracking the QuickBooks password, you would have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Methods to crack QuickBooks Admin Password
The user can opt for any of the two available options to crack the admin password namely:
- QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
- Reset QuickBooks password using security question
We will be exploring each of the methods later in this post.
Method 1: Resetting password using QuickBooks Automated password reset tool
- Download the Automated Password tool for QuickBooks for Intuit’s official site
- Select your QuickBooks Version. The version of QuickBooks last opened the company file with should be installed on the system. If not, then the user might not be able to reset the password
- Fill out the required segments such as the QuickBooks license number and your business information you used while registering for QuickBooks
- The phone number must be 10 digits with no extension at the end. The user should change the country to select country and then manually edit the phone number and save.
- Next, agree and accept the license agreement and wait until the download process is complete
- Now, authorize your username, email id, primary mailing address, and Zip code when prompted.
- Put in your license number as well as your telephone number
- Once downloaded, run the ‘Automated Password Reset tool’
- Next, select the QuickBooks version that you are using from the QuickBooks Desktop Products drop-down
- Now browse for the company file you wish to set a password for
- Enter the ‘New Password’ And confirm it. Use capital and small letters, numbers and special characters.
- Now, tap on the ‘Reset Password’ option to complete the password resetting process.
Important: After the user is done with the above steps, he/she is supposed to have the access to QuickBooks and will now be able to login the company file successfully with the help of the new password created above. The user not be permitted to use the QBPasswordReset.exe before completing the verification form again, especially after this instance. In order to reset the password on a different QuickBooks company file, the user should go back to the QuickBooks Automated Password reset tool and then carry out the same process for downloading a new QBPasswordReset.exe file.
Method 2: Resetting QuickBooks password using security question
In case the password just slips through the mind, then the user can opt for the ” I forgot my password ” option. The steps to be followed in this process are as follows:
- The user is supposed to click on the “I forgot my password” in the QuickBooks desktop login window
- And then, select the answer the security question option
- After that, the user needs to provide the right answer.
- Moving ahead, the user will see a window stating “Your password and challenge answer has been removed and your company files are no more password protected“
- When this window will close, when the user will have to generate a new password and choose a new answer to a challenge question.
- This would set the new password and challenge question.
For security purposes, QuickBooks software asks the user to change the admin login password after every 90 days and even sends the reminders for the same. The user can opt for the below technique for a strong password:
- Length of the password should be greater than 7 characters
- One upper case letter is a must and also one special character
- One number should also be there in the password
- Using space is not permitted
To wind up!
The above-mentioned steps shall help you crack your QuickBooks desktop admin password. In case you are unable to retrieve the password, you can contact the customer support for QuickBooks. For immediate assistance and precise solutions, you can also speak to our QuickBooks desktop support team.
All you have to do is to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and our experts and certified professionals will be there at your assistance.
Other useful links: