Learn how to Fix QuickBooks desktop freezes/crashes problem when opening or close
Not every time QuickBooks desktop run smoothly, at times users get stuck as the QuickBooks freezes or crashes. This error basically means that the software hangs and doesn’t close when the user tries to shut it down. It generates new off-screen window that runs in the background, and when the user shuts the software, the window doesn’t shut down. This error can be pretty much annoying for the user to handle. If you have also encountered QuickBooks desktop freezes error, then make sure to read this post till the end.
We are going to discuss the causes as well as the solutions to this error. Moreover, if you feel that tackling this error is not your cup of tea, then feel free to contact us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks error support team will help you in fixing the QuickBooks desktop freezes error.
You may also like: How to fix QuickBooks Error code 6177?
What is QuickBooks freezing up error?
At the time of working with QuickBooks software, QuickBooks desktop freezes error hinder the smooth working process. This error generates a few off screen window running in the backup, which do not close when the user tries to shut them. This not freezes the QuickBooks software, but also risks the unsaved data. There can be various factors leading to such an error, which will be discussed later in this article.
When does QuickBooks desktop freezing up error takes place?
While installing the QuickBooks desktop edition, the user might encounter this error as the installer might freeze for a couple of seconds or even stop responding to the commands of the user. Usually, it might get stuck on the installing ABS PDF driver… window. There can be various factors causing this error, which we will discussing later in this post.
Why does QuickBooks desktop keeps freezing?
- The very first factor causing this error can be if the windows operating system is out of date
- Also, if the user account is enabled
- Your company name might be too long.
- Another factor can be if the DDF and the user preference files get damage somehow
- Or, the file doesn’t allow the user to operate the window for some reason
- You might have damaged Windows operating system or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- In case the applications are running in the background, the user can encounter this error
- There can be a Corruption on your hard drive.
- Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up
There can be more than one method to fix this error, which increases the probability to make the software work smoothly. Let us check out the methods one by one:
Method 1: Making use of QuickBooks clean install tool
- To begin with, the user can download the QuickBooks tool hub from here
- After that save it on your computer where you can easily find it
- Now double click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe to run the program on your system
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install this tool
- Once the tool hub successfully installed on your computer, open it by double clicking on the QuickBooks tool hub icon
- Now go to the Installation Issues tab and choose Clean Install tool from here
- And then save it on the desktop
- After that, open the QBcleaninstallutility.exe file
- And also click on I accept when the license agreement is prompted
- Moving ahead, the user needs to choose the QB version and then click on continue option
- And to end the process the user needs to click on OK button and then when the user see QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- The user should download QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- And then save the file on the desktop when asked
- After that, the user needs to close all the running programs and then run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Followed by waiting till the process completes
- The last step is to reboot the system and ensure that the elements are updates properly
Method 3: Changing the DAT and DDF files
- The user is first required to close the company files on the systems
- And then find the company directory and rename DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT
- The next step is to delete each file having DDF extension
- Followed by, opening the company and click on confirm to save the payments from the same directory
- The lasts step is to click on Print to print successfully
Method 4: Turning off tablet PC input services
- Initially, press Windows + R keys and type MSC and then click on OK
- After that, double click the tablet PC input service or touch keyboard and handwriting panel service
- The next step is to click on stop the service option
- Now, double click the tabled input service and then click on the properties option
- Once done with that, the user needs to disable the start-up type and click OK key
- To end the process, shut down the services menu and then reopen QuickBooks.
Method 5: Shut QBW32.exe process
- The user should firstly right click the Windows taskbar and select start task manager
- After that click on the processes tab
- And click on the image name
- Once done with that, the user needs to spot and select all applications that start with .qb, QuickBooks, or Intuit.
- And lastly, click on the End process option and you are done with the process
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors?
Method 6: Use the Rebuild Data tool
The QuickBooks verify and rebuild data tool fixes the minor company file data issues automatically. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the file menu and then visit the utilities tab. Also, chose the rebuild data option
- After that, the user needs to visit the QuickBooks information window and then hit OK button
- The next step is to carry out the on-screen prompts to save a backup.
- The user needs to wait til it repairs the file. If the user is able to move the mouse, then the tool is functioning
- Once done with that, the user needs to opt or the OK tab
- After that, the user needs to open the file menu and then visit the utilities tab and also select the verify data option
- The last step is to wait while the tool checks the file for the data issues.
In case the tool doesn’t point out or diagnose any issues, then hit OK. The user can continue to use the QuickBooks company file as it has no data damaged. Or if the issue is detected, then select rebuild now tab
The user needs to repeat the process if the issue continues every after rebuilding the company file. In case the first rebuild took very long then look for a professional.
Method 7: Uninstalling QuickBooks desktop
This is the last method that one can opt for, in case the above methods failed to work.
- Begin with clicking the Windows + R keys and open Run command
- After that click on the Control panel and hit OK button
- The next step is to click on Programs and features option
- Also, click on uninstall a program option
- Once done with that, the user should choose the QuickBooks option from the list of programs and then choose uninstall/change
- Now, end the process by following the on-screen instructions.
Method 8: Clearing the browser cache and temporary internet files
The user can clear the cache within the internet explorer and try to resolve the error. These caches can lead to excess data and slow down the system. If you are unable to fix the error after following the above methods, then clearing the browser cache and temporary internet files.
Read this also: Fix QuickBooks unable to create accountant’s copy error
We end the post over here, with the hope that the information we have shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks desktop freezes up error. However, if the software continues to freeze, then in that case, you can contact some professionals with renowned experience.
You can call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will help you get rid of the issue in no time. Thus, do not think much just ring up and our experts will be there to assist you.
Other helpful articles: