QuickBooks error TD500 comes up with an error message on the screen “There was a problem with the update”. This error is a bit complex for users to handle. This error is usually seen when you makes an attempt to process a credit card in QuickBooks. You might also stumble upon such an error when more than one version of QuickBooks is present on the system. If you are also facing such an error, then reading this post ahead would be of some help. As this article will be guiding you to fix QuickBooks error TD500 and will also ensure that you can take payments again and back to the business.
You may also like: What are the File extensions used in QuickBooks?
Measures to resolve the error code TD500 ‘There was a problem with your update’
Following are the quick steps in order to resolve this error:
Option 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks 2016 and installing the repair file
You need to select this option only if you no longer use QuickBooks 2016. It should be noted that uninstalling QuickBooks doesn’t erase the company data file:
- This can be done by pressing F2 key in QuickBooks and make a note of which version of QuickBooks you are in.
- And then close your QuickBooks.
- In case you use more than one version, ensure that all of them are closed.
- You are then required to select the Windows start icon. And also, search for control panel and also open control panel.
- Followed by selection programs and features or uninstall a program.
- Next step is to select QuickBooks desktop 2016 or QuickBooks 16.0 and then uninstall/change. You are required to follow the instructions on the screen.
- After you uninstall QuickBooks, download the repair file. And save it where it can be accessed.
- Now double click on the file to unzip it.
- Also hit a right click on quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and then select run as admin.
- When done, open the version of QuickBooks you entered.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Option 2: Another option is updating all the versions of QuickBooks and repair the install file
After the first option, you have the option to update all the versions of QuickBooks and repair the install file. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- This can be done by making a note of the version of QuickBooks being used. You can press F2 key.
- And then close QuickBooks, in case more than one version, make sure to close all of them.
Finding the version of QuickBooks Desktop
- To do this choose Windows Start icon.
- And then move to letter Q
- Also select the down arrow for QuickBooks folder. You will see all the versions of QuickBooks installed.
Installing QuickBooks updates and repair the file
- It is supposed to open each version and ensure QuickBooks is updated.
- You can do this by selecting help and update QuickBooks desktop.
- Also ensure QuickBooks is updated.
- Followed by downloading the repair file you can save it somewhere you can easily spot it.
- And then double click the file to unzip it.
- Followed by right clicking the quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and select run as admin.
- Once the process ends, open the version of QuickBooks desktop having the error.
- Also carry out the on-screen instructions.
- The final step is to process the customer’s payment as usual.
See this also: How to set up multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop?
We believe that the above listed steps would be of great help in solving your QuickBooks error TD500. However, if the error continues to trouble you, then do not hesitate in calling us at any particular time at our QuickBooks customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We are a group composed of professionals and ProAdvisors, who work round the clock to offer the best possible support services.
Other helpful articles: