Facing error TD500 and don’t know what to do? Well, this error is a very complex error that comes with an error message stating as: “There was a problem with the update”. This error is usually seen when the user tries to process a credit card in QuickBooks. It is also seen when more than one version of QuickBooks is on system. This error can be seen in more than one version of QuickBooks desktop on system.
In today’s article we will be fixing the QuickBooks error code TD500 so that you can take payments again and get back to business. Thus, if you are facing this error then make sure to go through the article carefully till the end. Or you can also contact our accounting professionals right away at QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-888-291-2294, and ask them to fix the error for you.
You may also like: What are the File extensions used in QuickBooks?
Measures to resolve the error code TD500 ‘There was a problem with your update’
Following are the quick steps in order to resolve this error:
Option 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks 2016 and installing the repair file
The user needs to select this option only if you no longer use QuickBooks 2016. It should be noted that uninstalling QuickBooks doesn’t erase the company data file:
- This can be done by pressing F2 key in QuickBooks and make a note of which version of QuickBooks you are in
- And then close QuickBooks. In case you use more than one version, ensure that all of them are closed
- The user is then required to select the Windows start icon. And also, search for control panel and also open control panel
- Followed by selection programs and features or uninstall a program
- The next step is to select QuickBooks desktop 2016 or QuickBooks 16.0 and then uninstall/change. The user is required to follow the instructions on the screen
- After you uninstall QuickBooks, download the repair file. And save it where it can be accessed
- Double click the file to unzip it
- Also, right click quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and then select run as admin
- When done, open the version of QuickBooks you entered
Option 2: Another option is updating all the versions of QuickBooks and repair the install file
- This can be done by making a note of the version of QuickBooks being used. The user can press F2 key
- And then, close QuickBooks, in case more than one version, make sure to close all of them.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Finding the version of QuickBooks Desktop
- To do this, select Windows Start icon
- And then move to letter Q
- Also, select the down arrow for QuickBooks folder. The user will see all the versions of QuickBooks installed
Installing QuickBooks updates and repair the file
- The user is supposed to open each version and ensure QuickBooks is updated
- The user can do this by selecting help and update QuickBooks desktop
- Also, ensure QuickBooks is updated. Followed by downloading the repair file. The user can save it somewhere you can easily spot it.
- And then, double click the file to unzip it.
- Followed by right clicking the quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and select run as admin
- Once the process ends, open the version of QuickBooks desktop having the error
- Also, carry out the onscreen instructions
- The last step is to process the customer’s payment as usual.
See this also: How to set up multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop?
We believe that the above stated steps would be of great help in fixing the QuickBooks error TD500. However, if the error continues to trouble you, then do not hesitate in calling us at any particular time at our QuickBooks customer support number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. We are a team of professionals and certified ProAdvisors, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
Other helpful articles: