The QuickBooks Desktop accounting software has been a huge respite for modern-day businesses as it has offered profound assistance in streamlining accounting operations. However, what cannot be ignored is the vast array of technical issues that act as major impediments to the seamless working of the software. These glitches not only affect the software’s working but may also cause the loss of essential data files related to QuickBooks. One such update error experienced lately is Error code 15225. Throwing light on this error, it is usually encountered when users go to the installation of the latest QuickBooks updates. However, you need not worry, as our experts have come up with this article to assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 15225.
For technical assistance related to this error, or other QB-related issues, feel free to call us at our helpline. Our support team shall leave no stone unturned in resolving all your queries. Meanwhile, make sure to follow this blog until the end so as to ensure an apt resolution of QuickBooks payroll update error 15225. Thus, keep reading!
What Contributes to QuickBooks Error Code 15225?
There is a long list of diversified causes that can lead to this error. The major ones are enlisted below.
- You might be using an out-to-date digital signature.
- The disruption may be caused due to a firewall or some third-party security software.
- The installation of QuickBooks may be incomplete. An improper installation of the QuickBooks software contributes to a variety of technical errors within the QuickBooks software.
- The Window Registry may be corrupted, and this may, in turn, lead to such error.
- Any damage caused to the QuickBooks files could also embolden this error.
Make a backup before proceeding ahead
To preserve your essential files from any damage, you should consider creating a backup of your company files. The process is quite easy to implement and is quite important as it prevents any data loss. Follow the steps given below to create a backup:
- To start off, run the QuickBooks Desktop first.
- After launching the accounting software, proceed to File, followed by heading to the Back Up Company option.
- Finally, tap on Create Local Backup option.
You may like also: Fixation of QuickBooks Company File Not Found Error
Convenient Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15225
Follow the instructions illustrated within this section very carefully in order to resolve QuickBooks Error 15225. Try the troubleshooting methods one by one and then check to see if the error gets sorted out.
Method 1: Updating the QuickBooks Desktop in Safe mode
Updating the QuickBooks software is an effective remedy to several error codes in QuickBooks software. But a major obstruction in the shape of Payroll Error 15225 disrupts the Update process. There are several walkways to rectify this snag, and the first one among these methods is to run your system in Safe Mode and then try updating the QuickBooks software.
- You need to initially restart your Computer and then keep hitting the F2 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Window opens. Now, use the down arrow key on the keyboard to reach the Safe Mode with Networking option, and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Desktop software by double-tapping the Desktop icon of QuickBooks.
- Afterward, proceed to Help and then opt for the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Subsequently, hit on the Update Now option.
- You are then supposed to hit on the Get Updates option.
- Once all the Update gets downloaded, you are required to restart your computer to start the automatic installation of these updates.
- Finally, hit on Close.
Method 2: Include Intuit as a Trusted Website
Another effective avenue of getting rid of QuickBooks Error 15225 is to include Intuit in the list of trusted websites. Follow the instructions:
- You should initially launch the Internet Explorer browser and then hit on Windows + R keyboard keys to bring up the Run command.
- Now access the Internet Options.
- Follow up by heading to the Security tab.
- Choose the Sites option and then proceed to the Trusted Sites option.
- Herein, you need to type https://www.intuit.com/ and https://www.intuit.ca/ (for the US version).
- Afterward, opt for the Add option.
- Tick-mark the box beside All sites in this zone.
- Finally, hit on Ok and then choose Close.
Method 3: Digital signature certificate should be installed
An out-to-date digital signature certificate or a missing certificate can also instigate Error 15225. The procedure for installing the digital signature certificate is as follows:
- You are supposed to visit the directory containing the QuickBooks files. Just right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then head to Properties, followed by tapping on Open File Location.
- Within this folder, you are required to search for the QBW32.exe file.
- Upon locating the file, right-click on QBW32.exe and choose Properties.
- Herein, opt for Intuit Inc. from the list after hitting on the Digital Signature tab.
- Thereafter, hit on the Details tab.
- Then, choose the View Certificate option within the Digital Signature Details window.
- Now, within the Certificate Window, hit on the Install Certificate option.
- Hit on Next and then click on Finish.
- Restart the Computer now and then launch QuickBooks once again.
- Try to update the QuickBooks software again.
Method 4: Disable Firewall temporarily
At times, the Firewall offers obstruction QuickBooks functioning by blocking the network access to the software. Under such circumstances, it is recommended to disable the Firewall until the update process concludes. This method requires your adherence to the following steps:
- To begin with, hit on the Start button.
- Now, proceed to Settings.
- Follow up by choosing the Update and Security option.
- Choose the Windows Security tab and hit on the Open Windows Security tab.
- Now, in the Windows Security tab, you should opt for Network Protection and Firewall.
- Tap on each domain, private network, and public network individually to deactivate Microsoft Defender Firewall for all network types.
- Now, retry and visit the QuickBooks software and attempt to update the software once again to check if the avenue helped to resolve QuickBooks error 15225.
Method 5: Perform a Clean installation
The Clean install process involves a complete wipeout of the QuickBooks Desktop software either manually (via the Control Panel) or by using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. After uninstalling the software, you are required to reinstall the same by using your License and product keys.
Follow the convenient steps below to uninstall the QuickBooks software manually.
- To initiate the process, hit on the Windows start menu and then double-click on the Control Panel icon.
- You can alternatively hit the Windows + R keys in conjunction to show up the Run command window, and then type appwiz.cpl. Afterward, hit on Ok to launch the Control panel.
- You should now opt for QuickBooks after choosing the Programs and Features option.
- Now, pick Uninstall/Change, followed by choosing the Uninstall or Remove option.
- Now, follow the onscreen directions to uninstall the accounting software.
- After the installation procedure is uninstalled, you should restart your computer system.
- Now follow up by installing the QuickBooks software, and type in the license and product keys.
- Now, access the QuickBooks Desktop and check if the ongoing problem got fixed.
Method 6: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop application
If none of the aforementioned solutions work out, it is recommended that you repair your QuickBooks Desktop software. This is a viable method to repair any damaged QuickBooks Desktop files.
- To start off, navigate to the Control Panel via the Start menu.
- Now, you are required to head to the Programs and Features option.
- Afterward, hit on QuickBooks and then tap on Uninstall/Change.
- Now, tap on the Repair option to start repairing the QuickBooks software.
Once the software is complete, restart your system, followed by launching the QuickBooks software to check if the method helped to resolve the current problem.
Method 7: Clear the SSL state
Clearing the SSL state is a troubleshooting step that can help resolve some SSL-related errors in QuickBooks. Here’s how to clear the SSL state in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Internet Options” from the dropdown menu.
- In the Internet Options window, click on the “Content” tab.
- Under the “Certificates” section, click on the “Clear SSL state” button.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click “OK” to clear the SSL state.
- Close and restart Internet Explorer.
After clearing the SSL state, try updating QuickBooks or downloading the payroll update again.
Our team of professionals has articulated the necessary troubleshooting methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 15225. However, if you want expert guidance for rooting out this error, then you should unhesitatingly call our U.S Based QuickBooks payroll error support Team at our helpline, i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
FAQs related to this error
This is an installation error in QuickBooks that appears when users install QB or updates corresponding to software.
Here are some tips to avoid QuickBooks errors:
1. Keep your QuickBooks software up to date.
2. Backup your company file regularly.
3. Use a strong and unique password to protect your QuickBooks account from unauthorized access.
4. Keep your computer and software free of viruses and malware.
Users can fix this error by performing certain methods given as follows:
1: Update QuickBooks in the Safe mode.
2: Add Intuit to the trusted sites list.
3: Install Digital Signature Certificate.
4: Temporarily disable the Firewall.
5: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop.