When users attempt to access the company enterprise folder or files stored on another system, they frequently encounter QuickBooks Error H101. As a result, accessing that specific file requires an additional setting, and if the two don’t match, an error may result. This error can be due to Improper DNS settings or incorrect host settings. The various approaches to fixing this error include the following:
- Verification of QuickBooks services
- Check the hosting settings
- Create and share a new company file folder
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You may also see: Another Windows Update Causing QuickBooks to Crash – How to Fix it?
What is the H101 Error in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks error H101 constitutes the H series of errors in QuickBooks that are typically incited by Network related issues in QuickBooks. Other errors in the H series include H202, H505, and H303, including the one being discussed in this article, Error code H101. These errors can be sorted out by configuring the hosting settings or the multi-user mode settings. Renaming the .ND (Network) files can also fix these errors.
What are the causes of the H101 error in QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks-related services may not be functional.
- Company file or Network related issues can lead to this error.
- Incorrect Hosting Settings
- Corrupted Network (.ND) files.
What are the effects of QuickBooks Error H101?
- User unable to shift to multi-user mode
- Computer becomes sluggish
- QuickBooks application freezes frequently.
Can the QuickBooks Error H101 be fixed by using the QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Yes. The H-series errors are typically caused due to Network related issues, and the QuickBooks Tool hub contains a myriad of functionalities to fix network issues in QuickBooks.
Read Also: What causes QuickBooks error code 1722?
An Elaboration of the Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error H101
Following are the quick steps to resolve the QuickBooks multi-user problem H101:
Step 1: Verification of QuickBooks Services
- Open the Run Window. For this, press the Windows Key and R keys at once.
- In Run text box, type Services. msc. Then hit the Enter key.
- Search for QuickBooks DBXX service.
- Ensure startup type and service status are running.
- After that, pick the Recovery tab.
- Pick the option of restarting the service.
- After that, click on Ok to save the setting.
- The same steps need to be followed for the QBCF monitor service
- To conclude, run QuickBooks. The error should be resolved.
Step 2: Check Hosting settings
- Launch QuickBooks on each system (workstation).
- Open File. Now, choose Utilities.
- Now, access host multi-user mode on every system
- Opt for stopping Hosting for Multi-user Access.
- Repeat the steps for all systems.
Step 3: Create and share a new company file folder
- First, create a new folder.
- After that, share this newly created folder on the hosting computer.
- Make sure to configure the operating system to allow the sharing option.
- Now, copy the company file(s) to the newly created folder.
- The concluding step requires you to open company files in multi-user mode.
Check Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error Message
Step 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Tool hub and install the same on your computer.
- After that, use the tool to access the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in order to fix any Company File related issues.
Step 5: Access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and proceed to Network Issues.
- Within Network issues, head to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Next, hit on Browse and opt for the suspicious company file and perform the Start scan process.
I hope you find this answer helpful and successfully fixed the QuickBooks error code H505. QuickBooks application is quite often affected by troublesome issues, which constitute the error codes related to company file data or ancillary network issues. Keeping in consideration the undue delay and inconvenience these errors cause to users, our experts have drafted FAQs pertaining to different types of error codes encountered in the QuickBooks application.
You might also like:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47?
Troubleshoot multi-user issues for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac