Is QuickBooks error 1706 being a source of botheration for you? This technical snag is basically a point of sale error. QuickBooks point of sale is a trustworthy inventory and billing management solution. The QuickBooks error 1706 can be seen due to a myriad of factors, and therefore demands an immediate resolution. This error is classified as an installation error, which can be witnessed due to certain issues with your operating system.
Specific issues encountered while installing essential .NET components may also lead to the POS Error 1706, besides providing impetus to the associated errors POS error 1304 and error code 1642. Simply explained, this error is seen when users makes an attempt for installation from a removable media, such as, a CD or DVD. You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
|Warning||Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale|
If you are also facing QuickBooks POS error code 1706, then this article can be of great assistance for you. In this article, we shall provide you a deep insight into the various causes leading to the error, including the remedies for fixing the same. Moreover, if you need any help from the experts then connect with us through our helpline 1-800-761-1787, our professionals will help you out in resolving the issue.
What may Causes the QuickBooks Point of sale error 1706?
QuickBooks error code 1706 can be pop up due to several factors. The most conspicuous contributors to the error are enlisted below:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed on your PC is a beta version, or the Microsoft .Net framework version installed is incompatible.
- QuickBooks software is not installed correctly or may be partially installed, thereby paving grounds for file damage.
- The files are over fragmented.
- The source such as CD, DVD, or Install Shield used for installing QB point of sale got damaged or corrupted.
- There may be some issues related to the Windows registry files.
- In case there are too many applications that start during the Windows startup.
You may also like: Fix Common QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
Solutions to QuickBooks POS Installation Error 1706
There are several solutions for troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 1706. This section contains tries-and-tested methods for resolving the error. We will be discussing each of them one by one:
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the latest release
- Initially, proceed to the Downloads and update web page drop down menu.
- Next, you need to choose QB point of sale as the product in the product drop down menu.
- Also, choose the Edition and select the Version or year.
- After that click on Search tab.
- Also hit a click on the link with the title Get the latest updates.
- Afterward, Save the file.
- The final step is to update the QuickBooks POS software and reboot your POS system.
After the system is back up, you need to open the QuickBooks POS and then check for the error.
Method 2: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop point of sale again
Installation steps for QuickBooks point of sale:
- The first step to take is to Download QuickBooks point of sale.
- After that double-click the POS executable file and overwrite the existing extracted files, if prompted.
- Next, choose All positive options on the installation wizard.
- After that type in QuickBooks license number and product number without spaces and dashes as it not permitted.
- You are then required to choose the mode in which you are going to install and use QuickBooks point of sale.
- Choose the Single user, in case you use the QuickBooks POS on a standalone system.
- Also choose Multi-user mode in QuickBooks POS for more than two computers. You need to be careful about selecting the system type server or workstation on which POS software is being installed.
In case of incorrect selection of workstation type, uninstall and then re-install again, as you cannot modify the installation type. Moreover, you can check by going back and forth to ensure about the selection for QuickBooks POS installation.
- The concluding step is to reboot the system to open and activate QuickBooks POS.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error OL-334?
Method 3: Downloading the Microsoft Fixit tool or system file checker tool
- This is another reliable method to Uproot the QuickBooks POS Error 1706. In this method, you need to download the system file checker tool and install the same by choosing the scan now option.
- Initially, click on the Start tab.
- Subsequently, type ‘Command prompt‘ in the Search bar.
- You are then required to right-click on the Command prompt.
- Choose the Run as admin option. If prompted, enter the Admin password.
- If your system is using Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8 operating system, then you would have to run the DISM tool before running the system file checker tool.
- You now have to type SFC/Scannow in the command prompt window.
- Also, hit Enter tab.
- The System file checker tool will scan and repair the corrupted system files.
- The command prompt window shouldn’t be closed till the verification process is complete fully.
- Also, check if the issue got fixed.
- This will surely repair the Windows operating system files comprising of Microsoft .NET framework
QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale (POS) Activation steps?
It is necessary to go for the activation of the QuickBooks point of sale every time you install QuickBooks POS to open or create company files. As soon as you open QuickBooks point of sale, you will see an online registration form with boxes, wherein you have to punch in the last four digits of the business phone number that you have used while purchasing QuickBooks point of sale and the zip code of business address and then click on continue.
In case you see only the validation code appearing during the product registration process depicts that POS did not receive an active internet connection. If such a situation arises, the online registration form doesn’t come up, and only the validation code comes up.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
This brings us to the end of this article. We hope that the above-illustrated information helped you in resolving the QuickBooks POS error 1706.
In case you continue to face the same issue even after carrying out the steps above, then, in that case, we recommend you to contact our QuickBooks support team by dialing 1-800-761-1787. We are a hub of tech-savvy accounting professionals who work round the clock to provide all users with the best possible support services.