Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error C=51:
QuickBooks is a remarkable accounting software that has marked its presence in the recent few years. Despite of the features that this software caters, there are certain errors that the QB users could stumble upon. One such error is QuickBooks error code C=51. In today’s post, we are going to discuss about this error and other facts associated with it. QuickBooks error code C=51 appears on the screen to warn the user when QuickBooks cannot find TxList. Also, this error code appears when the user tries to eliminate the transactions from a report. The user ends up in this sort of error while working on transactions in the QuickBooks company file (.qbw). If you are also facing any such error, then reading this article ahead can help you.
Moreover, if you have any query, or for any further information, give us a call right away at 1-888-291-2294. Our experts and certified QuickBooks enterprise technical support team will be happy to assist you.
What is QuickBooks error code C=51?
QuickBooks error code C=51 basically indicates that the QuickBooks software is unable to find the TxList. This error could be seen when the user tries to remove the txList from the list of txLists, but unable to spot it. It may also be seen when the user tries to remove a transaction from any report. When the user faces this type of issue, the user needs to shut down this application. Closing all windows including QuickBooks and then reboot it again. The user will also have to repeat the action in which the C=51 error occurred.
Triggers to the QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Learning the triggers of the error code C=51 makes it easy for the QuickBooks users to tackle the issue. The triggers to the error are listed below, let us have a look:
- Any kind of issues with QuickBooks verification
- Or QuickBooks rebuild error
- In case the company files are damaged
- Also, if the QuickBooks database is corrupted or damaged
- Or if there are issues with updating QuickBooks
Specifications for QuickBooks error code C=51
For tackling the issue, the user is required to check out the requirements for carrying out the troubleshooting process. There are three essentials that the user can’t afford to miss, in order to rectify the QuickBooks error code C=51. The three of requirements are as follows:
- The basic requirement is that the transaction log file (.TLG- in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Also, the user could take a note if the QuickBooks data file is corrupted (.QBW)
- And the last essential is that any older backup of the QuickBooks data file is a must (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Techniques to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Now that you know the requirements as well as other related information, it is time to learn the techniques to fix the error. The methods involved to fix the error are as follows:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
The basic method is to update QuickBooks to the latest version. The user needs to upgrade the QuickBooks to the latest version and check if the error is fixed. Many times, QuickBooks version leads to certain issues, and the user is recommended to opt for this method and try to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Close all the QuickBooks processes
- In this particular method, the user needs to close all tabs in QuickBooks
- And then, the user is supposed to shut down all the QuickBooks related files using task manager
- Also, reopen the QuickBooks and then carry out the same work where the error occurred
- And lastly, the user needs to rebuild the data in a proper format
Similar article: What are the methods to fix QuickBooks error 15215?
Method 3: Verifying and rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop
Step 1: Steps to Verify data
Running the verify data utility method will help the user to identify the most commonly encountered issue within the QuickBooks company file. Also, running the rebuild data utility will help the user to fix the data integrity issues. The user can run the verify data utility by carrying out the steps below:
- To begin with, the user needs to click on the file menu and then utilities and verify data option is to be selected
- And then when the message “QuickBooks detected no problems with the data” appears, no further action is needed
- Or else, if you get “Your data has lost integrity” message, then it indicates that there is a data damage in QuickBooks company file
- After the user is able to spot the data damage in the file, it is important to run the rebuild data to fix the error
Step 2: Steps to rebuild data
- For rebuilding data, the user needs to click on file and utilities tab. Also, select the rebuild data option
- After that, click OK button when asked to back-up the company file
- The next step is to select the location where you wish to save the backup and then hit OK
- When the user gets the message “Rebuild has completed” and then hit OK.
After that run the verify data utility again to check for data damage. In case the error is still detected, then look for an expert assistance.
Method 4: Using the QuickBooks file doctor tool
The user can make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool in order fix the error. This tool can be used through the QuickBooks Tools hub or can be downloaded directly from the website of Intuit. The user needs to run this tool and it will diagnose and fix the error automatically.
Method 5: Restoring the backup files
- After the backup files are restored, the user needs to hit Ctrl + C and then move them in a new folder
- The next step is to verify the file size, and ensure that it meets the limit i.e. 6MB
- Also, the user needs to right click on the file and hit properties
- In case the backup file is less than 6 MB then it is the wrong backup file
- And the user might need to make a backup file again.
Method 6: Check Network connectivity
Many times, the error could be seen due to network connectivity issues, while the system undergoes the downloading process. This might prevent the transactions from getting downloaded. The user should check the internet connection, before beginning with the downloading process.
Solution 7: Try to access the lost or deleted transactions
The user might not be able to find a transaction or list of transactions that might have become inaccessible or got deleted mistaken from the QuickBooks company file. In order to restore those deleted or altered transactions, the below steps would definitely work:
Accidentally deleted or altered transaction might be visible in QuickBooks audit trail report. The user can restore those transactions by re-entering the information. It should be noted that the audit trail report shows all the transactions that have been entered in that particular company files, along with the deleted ones. This even helps the user in displaying any historical changes made on the transactions. For opening the report, the below steps should be carried out:
- The user is first supposed to open the Reports menu
- And then choose the Accountant and Taxes, along with that click on Audit trail
- Now, restore the transactions that are lost as a consequence of a technical glitch.
Many times, the transactions can be lost or might not be accessed, due to various technical snags. If the same situation arises, then the user can try to restore the lost transactions, along with its data, by using QuickBooks backup file with (.QBB) extension.
This drives us towards the end of this post, where we expect that the information scribbled above might be of some help in getting rid of QuickBooks error code C=51. There can be a situation when none of the above methods worked for you, then in that case we recommend you to contact our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-888-291-2294.
Our experts and certified accounting professionals will help you in dealing with the QuickBooks error code C=51. Feel free to call us anytime.
More helpful articles for you!