Learn how to resolve QuickBooks desktop error 15101 when updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll:
‘QuickBooks error code 15101’ – Is this QuickBooks error code annoying you time and again? No need to panic as you have landed on the perfect article. Often when using QuickBooks premier software, one might face up with such an error. This particular error might transpire at the time of downloading or updating QuickBooks payroll or desktop. You may also come across this snag when your PC freezes for a while.
The QuickBooks update error 15101 can thus be show-up due to a plethora of factors. All these factors will be traversed by this segment. This error appears on the screen with a warning message i.e., “Error 15101: When updating QuickBooks desktop or payroll”. Before heading forward, ensure proper internet settings by configuring your LAN setting on the internet to resolve it. Get a firm grip on such an error by going through this segment till the end. If fixing the QuickBooks error code 15101, manually seems to be an arduous task, then connect with our tech geeks using the helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
QuickBooks error code 15101: Signs and Symptoms
The below-stated are the signs and symptoms of this error:
- Windows operating system crashes while working.
- The QuickBooks desktop won’t respond or work.
- The input you are giving from the mouse and keyboard is too slow.
Causes and Fixes to QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15101
Below listed the causes and the fixes for the QuickBooks error code 15101:
Cause 1: Issues with the internet settings
Solution: Check the internet explorer settings
- The first step requires that you open the Run windows by hitting the Windows + R keys and type ‘INETCPL.CPl’ on the open box. Afterward, hit on the OK tab.
- Now, traverse to the General tab and choose Temporary internet files and website files.
- Heading forward, hit on the Delete tab.
- Now, choose the Connections tab and also hit on the LAN settings
- Afterward, Detect settings and hit on OK.
- Now, head to the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Security section.
- Verify if TLS 1.2 is checked and TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 is unchecked.
Cause 2: Missing digital signature certificate
Solution: Install the digital signature certificate
- This process requires to Download and install digital signature certificate on your PC.
- Subsequently, you need to look for and find the QBW32.exe file.
- Windows 7 users can head to the Windows search option.
- Then, hit on More results in Windows search.
- Afterward, choose the Computer icon in the search box.
- In the search box, type QBW32.exe.
- Right-click on QBW32.exe and choose Properties.
- Choose Digital signature tab and also ascertain that you have selected Intuit Inc. from the signature list.
- Hit on Details.
- You need to choose View certificate in the Digital signature details window.
- Now, proceed to the certificate window and choose Install certificate.
- Subsequently, hit on the Next tab until you get a dialog box with the Finish tab.
- Now, hit on Finish and then reboot the PC.
- Open the QuickBooks software and complete the process by downloading the update again.
Cause 3: QBWebconnector.exe stopped working
Solution: Terminate the QBConnector.exe file
- Press and hold Ctrl+ Alt + Del keys.
- Proceed to the Processes tab and look for QBConnector.exe
- Right click on the file and choose the End Process option.
Additional Solutions to Fix Error 15101 When Updating Desktop or Payroll
You can also follow these methods if the above causes and fixes didn’t resolve the problem for you.
Solution 1: Run the reboot.bat file
You can find the batch file named Reboot.bat in the QuickBooks folder. Running it can help in the resolution of error 15101. The steps below should help you:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and also choose Properties.
- Proceed to the Shortcut tab and hit on Open file location.
- Search for Reboot.bat from the list on the screen.
- Once located, right-click the Reboot.bat file and choose Run as admin.
- Hit on the Yes tab to get User account permission.
- Now a CMD window will open and display a different file scrolling.
- Reboot the system.
- Finally, restart QuickBooks to check for the effectiveness of this method in resolving such error.
Solution 2: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Another viable option is to go for a clean installation. To proceed ahead with this process, follow the directions given below:
- This process requires you to first close the QuickBooks software.
- The next step requires Uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop software using the QuickBooks Clean Install Utility
- You also need to Rename the installation folder afterward.
- Download and run Clean installation tool or rename the folders manually.
- Reinstall QuickBooks software.
You may also see: How to fix Script errors after opening Desktop Pro?
Solution 3: Access the system using the Safe mode
Just in case you are using Windows and also attached to the internet with a high-speed link, then you would be able to restart the system in the safe mode setting with networking mode. You need to restart the system later on.
- Choose Safe mode with networking after repeatedly tapping the F8 key in the bootup.
- Afterward, choose the Operating system you wish to restart.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Now, opt for login and also choose the System admin, which will give you access to all computer programs.
- Enter the Admin password.
- Choose the Yes option when specified to work in a Safe mode setting.
- Afterward, open QuickBooks and perform the task again.
- End the process by rebooting the PC.
Solution 4: Alter your Firewall settings
In certain cases, the Windows firewall obstructs the seamless functioning of a majority of software in your system- QuickBooks Desktop being no exception. Under such circumstances, certain technical snags show up. Error 15101 may incite because of this reason. As such, follow the steps below:
- Hover over the Start menu & open Windows Firewall by searching for ‘Firewall‘ in the search box.
- Head to Advanced Options.
- Right-click Inbound Rules & choose a New Rule.
- Go into the Program option, followed by hitting Next.
- Hit on Browse and choose This Program Path.
- Search for the QuickBooks executable files and choose them. Then, hit on Next.
- Allow the connection and again hit Next.
- Double-check that all profiles are marked. Afterward, hit on Next.
- Create a rule and subsequently name it. For example: “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
- Once all the preceding steps are implemented, open QuickBooks to check if the error got uprooted.
The Final Note..!
Heading towards the end of this segment, we expect that the steps and procedures that we have mentioned above might be of some assistance in tackling the QuickBooks error code 15101. However, if you are dicey with the process or if you continue to land into the same error again and again, then connect with our QuickBooks payroll technical support team using our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our tech geeks will ensure to provide you with impeccable support assistance.
It is an update error in QuickBooks that appears when users update their copy of QuickBooks. It belongs to the 15xxx family of error codes.
This error is generally provoked due to the following factors:
1. Misconfigured Internet settings
2. The digital Signature certificate for Intuit may not be installed or updated.
3. Termination of QBWebconnector.exe service can also lead to Error 15101.
4. Poor internet connectivity can also cause this error.
This QuickBooks update error can be repaired by following the Solutions below:
1: Run Reboot.bat.
2: Clean Install QuickBooks.
3: Access the Safe Mode with Networking.
4: Make changes to the Firewall settings.
You might see also: