Get the latest methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code H505 at home:
When it comes to a trustworthy accounting software, QuickBooks Desktop is considered as one of the best out there. Not only it is cheap, but also it comes with the option of a lifetime purchase. Thus, serves as a great tool for small and medium-sized organizations. Although, there are times when users have to face errors in the software and some of them appear quite often. One of these errors is QuickBooks Error Code H505. This error code usually appears when a user tries to access the QuickBooks company file, which does not exist on that device or the network.
So, to ensure that all the users can get the best experience of this software, here is everything that you need to tackle QuickBooks error code H505. This blog post can be pretty much in fixing the H505 issue. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, you can get that too, as we are a hub of tech-savvy people, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance that too in a single call. So, do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks error support professionals via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error 6000 304?
Brief into QuickBooks error code H505
H505 error can be seen when the user tries to switch to the multi-user mode. This error code results in blocking the multi-user connection to the server. Error H505 can be seen with an error message stating, “QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused“. This error code is from the H series error codes that are often accompanied by H101, H202, H303, etc.
You may see the below given error message on your screen when error H505 encounters:
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error Code H505?
As this error is one of the common ones, there may be multiple causes that can result in the occurrence of QB Error H505. Some of the most common causes are as mentioned below:
- The hosting configuration of the device is Incorrect.
- Presence of an incorrect or damaged .ND file, this results in the failure of QB company file being accessed by the entire network.
- This error can be caused because of DNS incorrect settings.
- It can happen when QB Services such as QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF are not working.
- It can happen in case the QuickBooks database server manager is not able to find the IP address of the host computer or in case it is using several different IP addresses.
- QuickBooks error code H505 can happen if the System Firewall Setting is obstructing it to get to the company file.
What to do before fixing the Error code H505?
It is important to ensure that all the factors that are mentioned below are taken care of. This will ensure that the further steps of rectifying the errors are dealt with without any damage to the data or files stored on the device.
- Ensure that the Company file has a backup
- Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
- Run the ‘Quick fix my program‘ option in the QuickBooks Tools hub
- Initiate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Configure the firewall settings so that it will not obstruct the process while it is under work
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error code H505 – An Expert Guide
We will go through a bunch of methods for fixing QuickBooks Error code H505. There are several of them as it will ensure that the error is completely fixed. So, make sure that you follow through all the methods in an orderly fashion:
Method #1: By using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- For this, you will first have to check that the QB desktop is installed on your server computer and you have the access to the network
- Once confirmed, Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and run the program on the server. QuickBooks file doctor can fix the multi-user error and will free up the H-series errors completely (including error code H505)
Method #2: Create a New folder for the company file and discuss it by enabling access to the company file
- Start with creating a new folder in the hosting computer
- Once the folder is created, ensure that the windows can get entry permissions to the company files.
- Now, you will have to copy the .qbw file into the new folder.
- At last, go into multi-user mode and open the company file to complete the process.
Method #3: Configuring the firewall ports settings
This error can be fix by configuring the firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop.
- Start with opening a Run dialogue box which can be done by pressing the Windows + R keys combination on your keyboard.
- Once done, use the run command to open the control panel.
- Here you will have to choose System and Security option after that open Windows Firewall and Network Protection.
- Now, click on the Advanced Settings option and click on the Inbound rule. After that choose New Rule.
- Select a port and click on Next
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct TCP Option.
- Now, enter the port of your QB Desktop’s year version
- Once the year code has been entered in the respective field, click on next and restart QuickBooks Desktop to complete the process.
Method #4: QuickBooks hosting settings
When none of the above methods worked, make sure to assess the QuickBooks hosting settings. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Once done with that, the user needs to restart the QuickBooks software on both QuickBooks.
- The first step in this process is to open the QuickBooks on both systems that are configured as multi-user.
- After that, click on the file menu.
- And then, hit on utilities option.
- The next step is to discontinue/stop hosting multi-user access configuration.
- Followed by, Host multi-user access or turning on hosting via file in one system, and then click on the Utilities option.
Verify QuickBooks services
- The user first needs to open the run box and then press the Windows + R key
- After that, the user needs to type in the MSC and hit Enter key. After that, the user can look for Services.msc in the Windows search bar
- The user is then required to scroll down and look for the QuickBooksDBXX service in the services window
- The next step is to double click the option QuickBooksDBXX service and also make sure that the startup is opted as Automatic.
- After that, the user needs to hit the recovery tab
- Once done with that, the user needs to manually restart QuickBooksDBXX service, in case of a failure. Repeat the same if needed.
- And then, press OK to save changes
- Now, the user needs to repeat the steps for the QBCFMonitorService.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to open QuickBooks in a multi-user mode on each effected digital system.
- The last step is to look to form a QuickBooksDBXX service that is a member of the admin cluster and has acceptable permissions, in case of any problem.
Method #5: Change the system’s firewall settings and create exceptions
- To begin with, the user needs to click on the Windows key and then move to control panel settings.
- And then, click on the control panel, along with that select the firewall settings
- The next step in the process is to choose allow a program via the system’s firewall.
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on the add program option, and then include the QuickBooks 20xx to the exception list
- After that, reboot the system to save the changes
The user needs to add the following ports according to the version of your QuickBooks software:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363,55367
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368, 55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373, 55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378, 55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8091, XXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8091, XXXX
Method #6: Edit the Host file
The last solution is to edit the host file. The user can opt for this solution, when none of the above solutions work. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Find IP address and computer name of the Server and Workstation
- The first step is to press Windows + R keys, in order to open the Run box
- And then, type cmd and then hit enter and open Command Prompt window
- The next step is to type ipconfig/all and hit enter to run the command
- The last step is to write the Host name and IP address somewhere. The user needs to repeat the process for all system that have multi-user setup.
Step 2: Edit the Windows hosts file
Now after the above steps you need to edit the Windows hosts file:
- The user is supposed to shut down the QuickBooks and then move to Start menu
- After that, the user needs to move to this PC option and then visit the address: C:\Windows\Systems32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc.
- In case the user is unable to find the Windows folder in the system. Then the user can follow the steps to see the hidden files and folders.
- The user will have to click on the view tab and then click on the hidden items, after which the user will be able to see the hidden files.
- After that, right click on the View tab and click on the open with option, and open the same with notepad.
- The user is then required to fill in the IP Address and system name. When the details are entered, make sure to use the Tab key, instead of using the space bar to put spaces.
- And the last step is to Save the changes and then reopen the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode.
Method #7: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
If none of the methods worked in your favor, then try out this one. The user can simply download and install the QuickBooks tools hub, by carrying out the steps below:
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks.
- And then, download the QuickBooks tools hub file. Followed by saving the file somewhere it can be found easily.
- The next step in the process is to open the file downloaded earlier (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Once done with that, the user needs to follow the on-screen prompt to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After that, when the install finishes, the user needs to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub.
The point to be noted here is that, if the user is unable to spot the icon, then search it in windows for QuickBooks tools hub and then select the program.
See Also: What is QuickBooks error code 1904?
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Database server manager
From the Tools hub, the user is supposed to run the database server manager. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The first step is to select the Network issues, from the QuickBooks tools hub.
- And then, select the QuickBooks database server manager. In case QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server, the user will be prompted to install it.
- Now, select the start scan option, in case the company file folder. In case they aren’t, the user needs to Browse to the location of the company file and then hit start scan option.
- The database server manager will repair the firewall permissions automatically. Once the scanning process ends, make sure to select Close.
- The last step is to open QuickBooks on each of the workstation, where the error was seen. And then choose file option, along with that switch to multi-user mode. In case the user detects any server system as a workstation, then make sure to check that too.
These methods, if followed correctly, will ensure that the QuickBooks Error code H505 is fixed on the device. In case the error is still present and pops up after the completion of the steps, we recommend you to immediately contact our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team.
You can feel free to connect with our experts and certified professionals via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323. We will be happy to help you!
You might also like these topics: