QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software that has marked its presence in the accounting world. The buzz of this software is not confined to any particular country rather, it is covered people all across the globe. Though, QB is considered to be the best accounting software, but at the same time the fact that it is prone to certain errors can’t be denied. There are multiple error codes that can be encountered by the users worldwide, and one such error is QuickBooks error code 6150, which is accompanied with four digits i.e. -1006. If you are facing this error code and unable to get out of it then need not to worry. We’re here to help you!
We understand the fact that it might be difficult for the user to fix the issue, keeping this in mind we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the various facts associated with this error, and also some quick fixes to get rid of this error.
Thus, make sure to read the article till the end or you can also speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and our team of experts and certified QB professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support in a single call.
You may also read: How to use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
What is QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006?
QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006 has been reported by a large number of users in the recent times. This error code pops up on the screen with an error message stating:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open the company file.” and We’ll try to fix the issue. Click start to begin. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006)”.
As said above, QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006 is one of the most commonly seen errors that block the company file access. This error code can be seen when the user tries to establish, open or work on the company file of QuickBooks. This error code means that the company file could have certain issues that need to be fixed. Error codes 6150, -1006 ends up in damaging or corrupting company file and hinder the smooth working of the software. There can be a plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of this error, a few of which will be discussed later in this article.
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006
Error code 6150, -1006 can be encountered due to a variety of reasons, a few of which we have listed below:
- In case QuickBooks is not installed properly on the system, then this kind of error can be encountered.
- Or, if the windows registry files are damaged or corrupted.
- Another factor that might end up in this kind of error can be, when there is any kind of virus or malware attack.
- This kind of error can also be seen when the user tries to save QuickBooks Macintosh file while using QuickBooks windows mistakenly.
- Incorrect extension for QuickBooks file being entered by the user might entered with QB.
- In case the QBW or company file is damaged already, then the user might have to create a portable backup file.
- Error 6150, -1006 can be seen as a consequence, when the user tries to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening the software
- Also, if some important QuickBooks related files got deleted mistakenly.
Signs and Symptoms of error code 6150, -1006
Many times users are unable to identify, whether they have actually encountered any such error or not, in such a situation, the user is required to keep the below mentioned signs and symptoms. Let us check out each of the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006:
- System crashes frequently, while running the same program
- Or, error 6150 gets displayed and also crashes the active program window
- This error code can also be expected, if the windows run sluggishly and do not respond to the keyboard and mouse inputs properly
- Another symptom of QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006 can be if the system freezes for a few seconds.
Process to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6150 1006
Now that we have explored the various signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6150, it is time to learn the various methods that can be implemented to fix the issue. So, let us unleash the various methods that can be used to fix this issue:
Process 1: Checking for CryptoWall
In certain cases, the CryptoWall virus and other malicious software might cause this error code, and can prevent the user from opening the software. In such a situation, the user is recommended to carry out the steps discussed below:
- First of all, open Windows Start menu
- And then, type in file explorer into the search bar, followed by opening the File explorer
- The user then needs to search for and open the QuickBooks folder that can be found on C: drive.
- Now, spot the files that have words like decrypt or instructions.
In case the user finds out any files that fit this description, then in that case make sure to reach out to your anti-virus provider.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks install error 1904
Process 2: Craft a new QuickBooks file from scratch
- To begin with, open QuickBooks Desktop
- And then, move to the no company open window, along with that make a new company.
- The next step is to navigate to the QuickBooks setup window and then enter the required info.
- After that, the user needs to select create a company option.
- Followed by beginning with creating customers, the charts of accounts (COA) & services etc.
Process 3: Restore from Backup
The user is recommended to restore the company file from backup. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to navigate to QuickBooks
- And then click on file option.
- The next step is to select open or restore company option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the restore a backup copy and click on Next
- Now, select local backup option and once again hit Next option
- In the next step, the user needs to opt for the location of the company file backup from the look-in drop down menu.
- And then select the backup having .qbb extension
- Once done with that, the user needs to tap on open option by hitting next tab
- After that, the user needs to move to the save-in drop down menu and then browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file.
- The user needs to type in company filename in the file name field, and then ensure the file is saved in the .qbw format.
- Now, hit Yes to confirm the overwrite process.
- Finally hit Yes to confirm to delete the entire file.
Read This Also: How to access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
Process 4: Using Auto data recovery
When none of the above methods work in your favor, the user is required to opt for the auto data recovery tool and fix the error 6150. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In this method, the user needs to create a new folder with the name of QBTest
- And then locate the .tlg files in the company file folder.
- Once done with that, the user needs copy .tlg file from the company file folder and then paste it into the QBTest folder.
- The next step is to open the QBAuto Data Recovery folder that can be seen inside the company data folder.
- The user is then required to copy .QBW.adr file from QuickBooks auto data recovery folder and then paste it into the QBTest folder
- Moving ahead, the user needs to remove the .adr from the end of the filename and open QuickBooks software.
- And then, open the company file from the QBTest folder
- Now, under the file tab, the user needs to click on the Utilities option and then select the verify data to check if the issue exists.
- The next step is to replace the company file in QuickBooks data folder with the company file from QBTest folder
- Towards the end of the process, check whether the error is resolved or not.
Limitations of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
There are certain limitations of QuickBooks auto data recovery tool. These limitations include:
- QuickBooks auto data recovery is not feasible with QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise, which is one of its limitations
- Another limitation is that the QuickBooks auto data recovery is not available for the accountant version
- Also, there is a limit in size of the file. The file size should not exceed 1.5 GB
- One more limitation that adds to the list is that the QuickBooks desktop should be updated to the latest version
Implementing any of the above methods can help the QB users in fixing the issue. However, if the QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006 continues to trouble you, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks error support team by dialing toll-free 1(888)383-0323.
Our team of experts and certified professionals will fix the error for you, and provide you with the best possible support services for all kinds of QuickBooks related errors.
Other helpful articles: