QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software that has marked its presence since its inception. As it is loaded with various features and functionalities, it involves countless codes and algorithms. These codes make QuickBooks prone to certain errors. One such error we are going to talk about is the QuickBooks error code C=47. Every time a user posts the payments to customers, the error code C=47 appears on the screen. This error is usually resolved by closing and reopening QuickBooks. There can be various other facts related to this error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Thus, make sure to read this post till the end, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified ProAdvisors will help you in get rid of the error permanently. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be there to assist you.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 304?
What is QuickBooks error code C=47?
QuickBooks error code C=47 is an issue that appears on the screen due to an issue in the settings of the Internet explorer for a few protected websites. While performing a cleanup windows server 2008, the QB users could come across the error. This error indicates that the software is unable to find transaction and also fails for the same time update. This usually happen when the user tries to remove the transaction from a report. Other error messages that appear on the screen are as follows:
“If you continue to experience this error, please note the C=value and contact technical support. C=47“
“Error has occurred in QuickBooks, please restart the computer, but it does not go away even after restarting.”
“An error has occurred in QuickBooks.” Please restart QuickBooks and try again.
Factors causing the QuickBooks error code C=47
There can be certain factors due to which the QuickBooks error code C=47 appears on the screen. A few of the common factors we have listed below:
- QuickBooks data file gets damaged or corrupted
- Or the old backup of QuickBooks data file is already present
- The user can also face such issues, in case of editing entries
- Another reason can be if settings of internet explorer are incorrect. Check if the internet explorer’s SSL settings are wrong or not
- The user could face this error if the transaction log file is stored in corrupted file folder.
Files to be recovered from this error
Before the user begins with the troubleshooting process, he/she is supposed to check the files and ensure that they are available.
- Corrupted QuickBooks data file (.QBW)
- Transaction log file (.TLG- that you can find in the same folder where QBW file was stored)
- Backing up QuickBooks data file (if any) (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47
There can be multiple solutions that the user can opt for in order to get rid of the QuickBooks error code C=47. Below we have listed the most effective ones, let us have a look:
Method 1: Verifying and rebuilding data on the company file
The user needs to verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop, if the issues and data files in the company files are spotted. Let us check out the steps involved:
Step 1: Running the rebuild data utility
- The very first step is to click on file menu and then hit the utilities tab
- After that, the user needs to click on the rebuild data option
- Now, hit OK in the QuickBooks information window
- Click on OK tab again to backup the company file
- And lastly, the user is supposed to hit OK tab, when the message appears on the rebuild has completed.
Step 2: Run Verify Utility
Once the damaged data is repaired by using the Rebuild data utility, the user needs to run the verify utility. The steps involved are:
- The first step is to click on the file menu
- After that, select the utilities tab and then click on verify data
- If the QuickBooks doesn’t spot the ongoing issue with the data then clicking on OK tab. After you are done with that, you might be required to continue to use again the company file
- And if the verify detects any data issues, then you will be prompted to rebuild now or view errors.
Method 2: Updating the driver software
- The initially step in this process is to reboot the system once the driver is un-established
- After that, the user needs to configure the driver and wait for it to complete
- Followed by clicking on start and then click on sort device manager
- The next step is to look for the main seeking outcome and then choose the gadget on which the user will employee the driver
- Moving ahead, the user needs to update the driver software
- And in the new window, the user can browse the system for driver software
- Followed by picking from the list of gadget drivers
- After that identify and introduce the driver that finishes with legacy
- To end the process, click on next.
Method 3: Scanning for viruses
Another method to get rid of this error is to scan for viruses. The user needs to:
- Scan the system for viruses when the error message appears while loading\3\LXCRtime.dll
- Also, the antivirus scan will clean all the junk from the system and resolve QuickBooks error C=47
Method 4: Updating QuickBooks desktop
The user can also update QuickBooks desktop to latest release in order to fix the error up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, check if the QuickBooks software is completely updated or not. If it is not completely updated, then update QuickBooks
- Now, resort the files once updation is done
- Also look for the lists option and then click on it
- After that select the charts of accounts
- And then navigate to the view menu and click on OK
- From the menu list, make sure to click on resort list option
- Followed by, select the item list
- And also, make changes and check the item list
- Follow the same process with customer list
- Moving ahead, the user needs to visit the customer center and then click on customer and jobs option
- Now, from the options of the view menu, hit resort lists
- And then, close QuickBooks as resorting is done
- After that reboot the system and open QuickBooks
- Lastly, check if the error persists
Method 5: Do a quick repair to fix the error
Another method that one can try is to do quick repair. The steps to be followed for this particular method are as follows:
Step 1: Repair the dll file
- For this method, the user needs to find the problem through the beneath catch which was downloaded. This will fix the error in loading\3\LXCRtime.dll
- After that spot the repair option and then click on it. This will show up a dialogue box on the screen
- And then click on select all option and then fix the error
Step 2: Repair the QuickBooks desktop
- Press Windows+ E keys to open the Computer window.
- After that hit a click on Uninstall or change a program
- Now choose the QuickBooks software and hit a click on Uninstall/Change.
- In the QuickBooks Installation window, click Next.
- Choose the Repair radio button and hit a click on Next, and then click on Repair.
- Finally hit a click on Finish.
Method 6: Configure Internet Explorer in QuickBooks Desktop
If the above methods failed to work in your favour, then you can try configuring the internet explorer in QuickBooks desktop. At times when the user tries to update the internet explorer, it might use the standard settings for browsing. This is especially when the user might drive into such an error. Thus, it is recommended to configure the internet explorer in QuickBooks.
We conclude the post over here, with the hope that the information we have shared in above might be of some help in getting rid of QuickBooks error C=47. But if the error continues to trouble you even after implementing the above steps, then need not to worry, we are here to help you.
Talking to our QuickBooks enterprise support team and certified accounting professionals will help you in resolving the error with much ease. Feel free to call us anytime at 1-800-761-1787 and discuss the issue with our experts, they will answer all your queries immediately.