QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software that has marked its presence since its inception. As it is loaded with various features and functionalities, it involves countless codes and algorithms. These codes make QuickBooks prone to certain errors. One such error we are going to talk about is the QuickBooks error code C=47. Every time you post the payments to customers, the error code C=47 appears on the screen. This error is usually resolved by closing and reopening QuickBooks. There can be various other facts related to this error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 304?
What is QuickBooks error code C=47?
QuickBooks error code C=47 is an issue that appears on the screen due to an issue in the settings of the Internet explorer for a few protected websites. While performing a cleanup windows server 2008, the QuickBooks users could come across the error. This error indicates that the software is unable to find transaction and also fails for the same time update. This usually happen when you try to remove the transaction from a report. Other error messages that appear on the screen are as follows:
“If you continue to experience this error, please note the C=value and contact technical support. C=47“
“Error has occurred in QuickBooks, please restart the computer, but it does not go away even after restarting.”
“An error has occurred in QuickBooks.” Please restart QuickBooks and try again.
Factors causing the QuickBooks error code C=47
There can be certain factors due to which the QuickBooks error code C=47 appears on the screen. A few of the common factors we have listed below:
- QuickBooks data file gets damaged or corrupted.
- Or the old backup of QuickBooks data file is already present.
- You can also face such issues, in case of editing entries.
- Another reason can be if settings of internet explorer are incorrect. Check if the internet explorer’s SSL settings are wrong or not.
- You could face this error if the transaction log file is stored in corrupted file folder.
Files to be recovered from this error
Before you begin with the troubleshooting process, you are supposed to check the files and ensure that they are available.
- Corrupted QuickBooks data file (.QBW).
- Transaction log file (.TLG- that you can find in the same folder where QBW file was stored).
- Backing up QuickBooks data file (if any) (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM).
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47
There can be multiple solutions to opt for in order to get rid of the QuickBooks error code C=47. Below we have listed the most effective ones, let us have a look:
Method 1: Verifying and rebuilding data on the company file
You need to verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop, if the issues and data files in the company files are spotted. Let us check out the steps involved:
Step 1: Running the rebuild data utility
- First step is to hit a click on file menu and then hit the utilities tab.
- After that, you need to click on the rebuild data option.
- Now hit OK in the QuickBooks information window.
- After that click on OK tab again to backup the company file.
- And lastly, hit OK tab, when the message appears on the rebuild has completed.
Step 2: Run Verify Utility
Once the damaged data is repaired by using the Rebuild data utility, run the verify utility. The steps involved are:
- The first step is to click on the file menu.
- After that choose the utilities tab and then hit a click on verify data.
- If the QuickBooks doesn’t spot the ongoing issue with the data then clicking on OK tab. After you are done with that, you might be required to continue to use again the company file.
- And if the verify detects any data issues, then you will be prompted to rebuild now or view errors.
Method 2: Updating the driver software
- The initial step in this process is to reboot the system once the driver is un-established.
- After that configure the driver and wait for it to complete.
- Followed by clicking on start and then click on sort device manager.
- Next step is to look for the main seeking outcome and then choose the gadget on which you will employee the driver.
- Next, you need to update the driver software.
- And in the new window, you can browse the system for driver software.
- Followed by picking from the list of gadget drivers.
- After that identify and introduce the driver that finishes with legacy.
- To end the process, hit a click on next.
Method 3: Scanning for viruses
Another method to get rid of this error is to scan for viruses. You need to:
- Scan the system for viruses when the error message appears while loading\3\LXCRtime.dll.
- Also, the antivirus scan will clean all the junk from the system and resolve QuickBooks error C=47.
Method 4: Updating QuickBooks desktop
You can also update QuickBooks desktop to latest release in order to fix the error up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all check if the QuickBooks software is completely updated or not. If it is not completely updated, then update QuickBooks.
- Now resort the files once updation is done.
- Also look for the lists option and then click on it.
- After that select the charts of accounts and then navigate to the view menu and click on OK.
- From the menu list, make sure to click on resort list option.
- Followed by, select the item list and also make changes and check the item list.
- Follow the same process with customer list.
- Next, you need to visit the customer center and then hit a click on customer and jobs option.
- Now, from the options of the view menu.
- Hit resort lists among the submenu items and click on it.
- And then close QuickBooks as resorting is done.
- After that reboot the system and open QuickBooks.
- Lastly, check if the error persists.
Read this Also: Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
Method 5: Preform a quick repair to fix the error
Another method that one can try is to do quick repair. The steps to be followed for this particular method are as follows:
Step 1: Repair the .dll file
- For this method, you need to find the problem through the beneath catch which was downloaded. This will fix the error in loading\3\LXCRtime.dll.
- After that spot the repair option and then click on it. This will show up a dialogue box on the screen.
- And then hit a click on select all option and then fix the error.
Step 2: Repair the QuickBooks desktop
- Press Windows+ E keys to open the Computer window.
- After that hit a click on Uninstall or change a program.
- Now choose the QuickBooks software and hit a click on Uninstall/Change.
- In the QuickBooks Installation window, click Next.
- Choose the Repair radio button and hit a click on Next, and then click on Repair.
- Finally hit a click on Finish.
Method 6: Configure Internet Explorer in QuickBooks Desktop
If the above methods failed to work in your favour, then you can try configuring the internet explorer in QuickBooks desktop. At times when you try to update the internet explorer, it might use the standard settings for browsing. This is especially when you might drive into such an error. Thus, it is recommended to configure the internet explorer in QuickBooks.
We conclude the post over here, with the hope that the information we have shared in above might be of some help in getting rid of QuickBooks error C=47. But if the error continues to trouble you even after implementing the above steps, then need not to worry, we are here to help you.
Talking to our QuickBooks enterprise support team will help you in resolving the error with much ease. Feel free to call us anytime at 1-800-761-1787 and discuss the issue with our experts. They will answer all your queries immediately.