Learn the best ways to download, setup and update the QuickBooks database server manager (QBDBMS)
Do you know what QuickBooks database server manager is? How to download database server manager? What are the steps to setup QuickBooks database server manager? What is the process to update Database Server Manager? Well, if you are searching answers for any of these questions, then it is worth to spend time to read this in-depth guide. Database server manager is also named as Intuit personal database manager tool. This effective tool makes it super easy to create network data files for each and every company file on the host system. For the ones who prefer using multi-user mode, QBDBMS is a must have tool.
To know the process to download, setup, and update QuickBooks database server manager, read this piece of writing till the end. However, if you are short of time and are seeking for experts to assist you, then do not hesitate in calling us using our dedicated customer support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Contacting our QuickBooks support team will help you in making the best use of this database server manager.
You might also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code H505?
What is QuickBooks database server manager?
QuickBooks database server manager (QBDBMS) is a remarkable utility feature by Intuit. This tool functions to organize the QuickBooks server folder for multi-user mode. It helps in making the most of multi-user mode, and also without QBDBSM it is not possible for you to access multi-user mode. Absence of QuickBooks database server manager will restrict the software use and also will affect the performance. This tool is accountable to share the company files with other systems over the network.
Facts about QuickBooks database server manager
There are certain facts related to QuickBooks database server manager, it includes:
- The QuickBooks database server manager creates .nd files that are known as network data files on the host system.
- Database server manager is compulsory in the case of multiple versions of QuickBooks desktop. In case you wish to use the multiple version of QuickBooks, then you are recommended to install the QuickBooks database server manager.
- The QBDBSM has multiple versions. It can offer multiple versions of processes, but it can not provide the multiple versions of the software.
- Various QB version add a user during the installation of the database server manager.
- In case you are using multi version of QuickBooks desktop, then install each version of the database server manager.
Process to download QuickBooks database server manager
Now that you have decided to download the QuickBooks database server manager, it is important for you to know the exact process that you are supposed to follow, in order to avoid any kind of mess. The database server manager can be downloaded without any issue, as it doesn’t involve a very huge process. However, as per the developers of Intuit and as per the observation, this effective tool is the part of QuickBooks accounting software. In case, you are not having it, then it can be easily downloaded from the official website of Intuit.
In case you found the first option of downloading QuickBooks database server manager a bit confusing, then simply carry out the steps enumerated below:
- Start off with downloading QuickBooks Tools hub from Intuit’s website and then move to the downloads by pressing Ctrl + J keys together.
- Click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file.
- Hit a click on Yes in order to allow the app to make changes.
- Also click on Next to install it and click on Yes to accept the license agreement.
- Move ahead by clicking on next and install options respectively. It should be noted that the process might take some time, which demands you to be a bit patient.
- After the installation is complete, hit Finish option.
- Followed by, opening the QuickBooks Tool hub icon.
- Now, under the network issues tab, click on the QuickBooks database server manager option.
After the process completes, give all the users permission to access the company folders. However, by default the QBDBSM will create a unique user for each installation.
Read this also: How to Create a journal entry in QuickBooks Desktop?
Configure QuickBooks database server manager
In case you want to use the default setting, then skip this section. Or else can carry out the steps below:
- Open the windows start menu.
- Type in “Services” into the search tab and then open services.
- Choose and open QuickBooksDBXX.
- And move to the General tab and look for the service status section. In case it’s started or running, you should select stop tab.
- Go for the automatic from the startup type drop down menu.
- Move to the logon tab. Also, choose the local system account option.
- Head to the recovery tab. And also opt for the restart the service from each of these drop down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failure.
- Choose the General tab and also choose start tab to restart the database server manager.
Steps to Set up QuickBooks database server manager
After downloading the QuickBooks database server manager, it is time for set up process to be performed. The steps to carried out in this process are as follows:
Permit QuickBooks database server manager to run on the server computer
- To begin with, configure the firewall manually, so that the QBDBSM can run on the server system.
- Open the QuickBooks database server manager and hit a click on the Port Monitor tab.
- Hit a click on Start menu and then look for Windows firewall and open it.
- Right click Inbound rules from the advanced settings, and then select rule.
- Select Port and next options respectively.
- Ensure that the TCP is selected.
- Enter in the specific ports in specific local ports option.
- The port format is as per the QuickBooks currently in use.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QB Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Click on Next and allow the connection.
- Hit Next when needed and mark all the profiles. And click Next once again.
- Create a rule and also name it .
- Click on the Finish option. Repeat the same steps for outbound rules.
Related article: How to setup charts of accounts in QuickBooks desktop?
Steps to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Update your QuickBooks database server manager by following simple steps:
In general, QuickBooks database server manager gets updated along with the QuickBooks desktop, but in case you wish to manually update it, then the process involves the steps stated underneath:
- Open the official Intuit website, and then download the updated patch for database server manager.
- Reboot the server after the installation of the patch completes.
- The message will appear on the workstation stating “The company file needs to be updated to work this version of QuickBooks desktop”.
- In the next step, backup the data, as these updates can make changes in the database server.
- Make sure to carry out the on-screen prompts and you are good to go.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 404?
The database server manager is one of the most effective features that is offered to users. Without this, you cannot access the multi-user mode. However, at times you might get confused with the download, set-up, and update process of QuickBooks database server manager. After going through this segment, you might be able to learn a lot of things related to QBDBMS. We hope that this article might be able to help you to make the best use of database server manager.
Whereas, if you are having any question in your mind, or in case you got stuck somewhere, then do not hesitate in talking to our accounting professionals, as we will be happy to help you anytime. You can connect with our accounting professionals using our helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and converse the issue with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team. Our experts will ensure to resolve all your queries in the best possible way. So, hurry up and call us and let our team manage the rest on your behalf.
Other helpful blogs/posts: