A complete guide to resolve QuickBooks error OLSU 1013
Are you facing QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry anymore, as we have come up with this article, which is entirely based on the OLSU 1013 error. Talking about the QuickBooks OLSU error 1013, it usually appears when QuickBooks software is not connected with the bank properly. It might appear with an error message stating as:
“An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed”.
You can either click ‘Cancel‘ to discontinue setup and retry setting up the account again for online services. In simple words, if the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 is seen it means that the software is unable to communicate with the bank’s server. The QuickBooks bank feed error OLSU 1013 might occur due to various factors, which we will be discussing later in this article. However, if you need any technical assistance for this, then in that case you can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team. We are a hub of technically sound accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide best possible support services to all the users.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
What triggers to the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013?
As we said before, there are a handful of reasons, which could end up in the QuickBooks OLSU error 1013. We have listed below some of the most effective reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Let us have a look:
- The QuickBooks desktop being outdated can be one of the major flaws.
- Another trigger to this issue can be if you are using a mode other than express or side by side mode.
- If you have entered wrong login credentials.
- In case the connection between QuickBooks desktop and internet explorer is not being supported by internet explorer configuration.
- QuickBooks not being connected to or facing issues with connecting to the bank.
- Any issue with the internet connection.
This article will guide you the way out of the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013, especially when:
- Setting up American express account for Bank feeds.
- Downloading the Bank feeds information for a Quicken chase visa card.
Important points to remember
Before you start with the fixation process, make sure to check these pointers out:
- Check the back up the company file.
- Another important point is to match any pending download transactions.
- Ensure that you can sign in to the bank’s website outside of QuickBooks, and also ensure that there are pending alerts.
- Also check if you get the error in bank feeds classic mode. In case it is not, this would mean the file from the bank works best in classic mode.
- Ensuring that you are connected to the internet is a must and also the windows firewall isn’t blocking the connections to QuickBooks.
- You should also match any pending download transactions.
Quick fixes for QuickBooks error code 1013
Now that you know the important facts related to the QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error. It is the right time to fix the issue, by carrying out the below stated methods:
Method 1: Making a new company file
The very first method we recommend you to carry out is to create a new company file. The steps to be followed over here are:
- Move to the file menu and then choose new company.
- After that hit a click on express start.
- Next step is to add the bank account facing the issues.
- Once done with that, you need to set up the account for bank feeds on the new test company.
- Lastly you need to download the bank feed transactions to test the account.
Method 2: Enabling TLS 1.2 Protocol
- Initially, open the internet explorer 11 and ensure to have the latest one.
- After that hit a click on the gear icon.
- Now you need to move to the internet option and then click on advanced tab.
- Followed by moving to the security section and un-mark Use TLS 1.0 and Mark Use TLS 1.2.
- Next hit a click on Apply and OK tab.
- The final step is to close the running programs and reboot the system.
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks Error 1618: Another Program is Being Updated
Method 3: Create and merge accounts
Another method to try out is to create and merge accounts. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Right click on the accounts facing issues and then choose edit account.
- Next, highlight the account name and then click on copy.
- Once done with that, add an asterisk (*) at the end of the account name.
- Now click on the bank feed settings tab and then choose option to deactivate the online services.
- Moving ahead, hit a click on save and close.
- Click on chart of accountants and make a new account.
- Next step is to paste the account name by removing the asterisk.
- Now close the file and open it again. Click on the chart of accountants with asterisk.
- Hit a right click on the account and hit on edit option.
- Once done with that, eliminate the asterisk and click on save and close options.
- Followed by clicking on yes when the warning message appears.
- After that click on setup an account for bank feeds.
- Finally download the transactions to the newly merged account.
Method 4: Refreshing the connection with the bank
Turning off online banking on inactive bank accounts, is a must. And then the process to refresh the bank connection on the affected account, should be carried out:
- First of all check all inactive bank accounts.
- After than move to the company file.
- Now choose the chart of accounts.
- Followed by selecting the include inactive box. Spot the inactive account with the lightning bolt.
The point to be noted here is that while setting up, hold the Ctrl key each time you have to select a tab. The exception is while entering the information. This will refresh the connection with the bank.
Method 5: Deactivating the Accounts having online services
You can deactivate the accounts having online services, in order to fix the OLSU error 1013. The steps to be followed here are:
- At first check the include inactive option present at the bottom of the chart of accountants.
- After that deactivate the bank feeds for an inactive account.
- Followed by closing and opening the file again.
- Finally setup every account for bank feeds.
Method 6: Keeping the default bank account under company and personal preferences
- Initially hit a click on the QuickBooks icon to open the accounting software and then sign into the company file as an admin.
- And then click on the preferences tab, which can be seen under edit menu and also choose checking tab.
- Moving ahead choose default under my preferences tab for all the options.
- After that company preferences tab is opted, choose the default account for all the options.
- The final step is to click on OK tab and then type in the credentials to log in to the online banking using QuickBooks again.
Also See: What is meant by QuickBooks Error 6000?
By now, we believe that the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 might have toned down and might have fixed permanently. However, if by any chance the error continues to trouble you, or in case of any query, feel free to get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks support team right away at our dedicated helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We are a team of Intuit certified ProAdvisors, who work round the clock to provide the feasible possible solutions instantly.