A complete guide to resolve QuickBooks error OLSU 1013
Are you facing QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry anymore, as we have come up with this article, which is entirely based on the OLSU 1013 error. Talking about the OLSU error 1013, it usually appears when QuickBooks software is not connected with the bank properly. It might appear with an error message stating “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed”. The user can either click ‘Cancel‘ to discontinue setup and retry setting up the account again for online services. In simple words, if the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 is seen it means that the software is unable to communicate with the bank’s server.
The QuickBooks bank feed error OLSU 1013 might occur due to various factors, which we will be discussing later in this article. However, if you need any sort of technical assistance, then in that case you can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team at 1-888-291-2294. We are a hub of technically sound accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide best possible support services to all QB users. You can immediately contact our team and let them fix the issue for you.
You may also read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 80070057?
What triggers to the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013?
As we said before, there are a handful of reasons, which could end up in the QuickBooks OLSU error 1013. We have listed below some of the most effective reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Let us have a look:
- The QuickBooks desktop being outdated can be one of the major flaws
- Another trigger to this issue can be if you are using a mode other than express or side by side mode
- If you have entered wrong login credentials, then this error might trouble you due to it
- Moreover, if the connection between QuickBooks desktop and internet explorer is not being supported internet explorer configuration
- QuickBooks not being connected to or facing issues with connecting to the bank
- Any issue with the internet connection
Today’s article will guide you the way out of the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013, especially when:
- Setting up American express account for Bank feeds
- Downloading the Bank feeds information for a Quicken chase visa card
Important points to remember
Before you start with the fixation process, make sure to check these pointers out:
- The user needs to check the back up the company file
- Another important point is to match any pending download transactions
- The user should ensure that you can sign in to the bank’s website outside of QuickBooks, and also ensure that there are pending alerts
- Also, check if you get the error in bank feeds classic mode. In case it is not, this would mean the file from the bank works best in classic mode.
- Ensuring that the user is connected to the internet is a must and also the windows firewall isn’t blocking the connections to QuickBooks
- The user should also match any pending download transactions
Quick fixes for QuickBooks error code 1013
Now that you know the important facts related to the QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error. It is the right time to fix the issue, by carrying out the below stated methods:
Method 1: Making a new company file
The very first method we recommend you to carry out is to create a new company file. The steps to be followed over here are:
- The very first step is to move to the QB file menu and then select new company
- After that, click on express start
- The next step is to add the bank account facing the issues
- Once done with that, the user needs to set up the account for bank feeds on the new test company
- And lastly, the user needs to download the bank feed transactions to test the account
Method 2: Enabling TLS 1.2 Protocol
- The user is required to open the internet explorer 11 and ensure to have the latest one
- After that, click on the gear icon
- Once done with that, the user needs to move to the internet option and then click on advanced tab
- Followed by moving to the security section and un-mark Use TLS 1.0 and Mark Use TLS 1.2
- The next step is to click on Apply and OK tab
- The last step is to close the running programs and reboot the system
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks Error 1618: Another Program is Being Updated
Method 3: Create and merge accounts
Another method to try out is to create and merge accounts. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user first required to right click on the accounts facing issues
- And after that, choose edit account
- The next step is to highlight the account name and then click on copy
- Once done with that, the user needs to add an asterisk (*) at the end of the account name
- Now, click on the bank feed settings tab and then choose option to deactivate the online services
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on save and close
- After that, the user needs to click on chart of accountants and make a new account
- The next step is to paste the account name by removing the asterisk
- Now, close the file and open it again. Click on the chart of accountants with asterisk
- The user will then have to right click the account and hit edit option
- Once done with that, eliminate the asterisk and click on save and close options
- Followed by clicking on yes when the warning message appears
- After that, click on setup an account for bank feeds
- And the last step is to download the transactions to the newly merged account
Method 4: Refreshing the connection with the bank
Turning off online banking on inactive bank accounts, is a must. And then the process to refresh the bank connection on the affected account, should be carried out:
- First of all, check all inactive bank accounts
- The move to the company file
- Now choose the chart of accounts
- Followed by selecting the include inactive box. Spot the inactive account with the lightning bolt.
The point to be noted here is that while setting up, the user needs to hold the Ctrl key each time they have to select a tab. The exception is while entering the information. This will refresh the connection with the bank.
Also See: What is meant by QuickBooks Error 6000?
By now, we believe that the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 might have toned down and might have fixed permanently. However, if by any chance the error continues to trouble you, or in case of any query, feel free to get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks support team right away at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-888-291-2294.
We are a team of professionals and certified ProAdvisors, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services instantly.