All that you need to know about the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114:
Since the advent of the QuickBooks accounting program, small and medium-sized businesses have benefitted heavily from this application. In contemporary times, it is considered one of the best accounting software available in the market. This software has made many complicated tasks like accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, etc., a lot simpler and less time taking. Every year Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks, launches a new version of the application that consists of upgraded and new features to ensure efficient performance.
QuickBooks may be a very effective software, but its users often face technical glitches or errors affecting business operations. These errors can be easily fixed by the users, and if not, QuickBooks support services are readily available. In this article, we will discuss in depth the QuickBooks payroll error 30114. This issue occurs mainly during an installation process or while shutting down the Windows O/S.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks payroll error 30114?
QuickBooks users can detect this error when the following symptoms match the problem. Take an insight into these symptoms, and if these persist, then there is a high likelihood of this QuickBooks error.
- The error message “QuickBooks Error 30114” suddenly pops up on the screen.
- The system keeps on freezing periodically.
- System responds slowly to the entered command.
- When the active window crashes frequently.
- System crashes periodically after a specific period while processing the program.
Causes of QuickBooks payroll error 30114
These are the possible causes behind the QuickBooks payroll error code 30114:
- Windows registries are Corrupted or damaged.
- The QuickBooks installation process was not proper, and when installed a corrupted file, this error might have occurred.
- QuickBooks linked files were removed accidentally by other applications.
- Because of malware effects or virus attacks on networks, this error appears on the screen repeatedly.
You might also see: How to Fix QBPOSSHELL has Stopped Working Error?
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll error 30114?
Following are the easiest ways to fix QuickBooks error code 30114 while direct deposit bank account verification:
Solution 1: Create a Backup file for the QuickBooks
The first viable recommendation for users facing this QuickBooks issue is to take a backup of QuickBooks. The following instructions will help users through the process.
- Firstly, the user will need to click on the Start menu.
- Then go to the search bar and hit the Enter command.
- After that, press on the “Ctrl + Shift” tabs simultaneously.
- Once done, click on the enter key, and a permission window dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Now, agree with the displayed instructions and hit the Yes button.
- Then, a black window with a cursor will pops-up on the screen.
- Now, enter the “Regedit” and click on the Enter key.
- After that, the next thing to do to choose the Error 30144 linked key to the window registry.
- Now go to the File menu and then choose the “Export” tab.
- Once done, choose that specific folder to save the backup key of QuickBooks.
- After this, enter the required details, such as the backup file name, in the file name window.
- Ensure that the selected branch is marked and then switch to the “Export Range.”
- Now users have to verify all the above information and then click on the “Save” button.
- Once done, the file will be saved as a .reg file.
- After all this, the user will get the backup file of the QuickBooks registry section, and now the error is fixed.
Solution 2: Go for a System file check
Several times, errors in QuickBooks may pop up due to specific system-related errors or excessive accumulation of junk files in the computer. If cleaning the junk doesn’t serve the purpose, then it is advisable to Restore Windows. The steps given below will surely guide users through.
- The very first step is to clean all the system junk files.
- After that, the user has to update the “System Device Drivers.”
- Now click on “Window System Restore.”
- Once done, the user should select the option to “Undo the Recent changes of the system” and move further to the next step.
- Now, uninstall the current QuickBooks and then install the Payroll Error code 30114 program.
- After it is done then, the user will have to run the “File Checker” by using the command ‘‘SFC/scannow’‘ in the command prompt. The command prompt can be launched through the Windows start menu by typing ”cmd’‘ in the search box.
- Once the process is completed, the user will need to install the window updates that are visible on the web.
- Finally, refresh the window installation program and check whether the error 30114 is resolved or not.
Also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
Solution 3: Utilize the Disk Clean-up Tool to delete all the junk files
The System Clean up Tool will not only help free up space in the system, but will also help in the removal of junk files from the computer. The steps through which the clean-up process can be accomplished are given as follows:
- Firstly, click on the “Windows Start Menu” option.
- Then, the user needs to go to the search bar and then type “File Explorer.”
- Once done, file explorer will open on the screen of the system.
- Now, select the “My Computer” option from the available preferences.
- After that, hit a right-click on the hard drive (C:\drive)
- Now the user will have to select the properties and then view the free space in the window.
Solution 4: Update the System Device Drivers
Another viable measure for resolving this troublesome error in QuickBooks is to make sure that all the system device drivers are updated to the latest release. The status of drivers can be checked in the Device Manager.
- Firstly, the user will have to go to the search bar and then enter the device manager.
- After it appears on the screen, then click on the Enter key.
- The user will then need to select a category to check out the name of the devices and then click on the “Update” button.
- Now click on “Search Automatically for updated driver software.”
- Once done, the user will need to select the “Update Driver.”
- If windows is not able to locate a new driver then try to look up the device manufacture website and proceed with on-screen guidelines.
See Also: How to troubleshoot in QuickBooks Error 15241 on Windows 10?
Solution 5: Undo all changes in the system by utilizing the Windows system restore
Although the solution provided till now should be enough when it comes to the resolution of Error 30114 in QuickBooks, there may still be many users who are still marred by this error. If you are one of them, then go for a system restore.
- Firstly, the user will have to close all the running programs.
- Then, restart the program.
- Now click on the Start button and choose “All Programs.”
- After that, go to the “Accessories” tab and then select the System tools.
- Once done, click on System Restore.
Solution 6: Performa Clean Install QuickBooks
The final solution requires users to go for a clean installation of the QuickBooks software. This simple but elaborate process involves users to go for uninstalling QuickBooks and then getting it reinstalled on their systems. This process can be achieved manually by visiting the Control Panel, followed by heading to Programs and Features. Thereafter, choose the QuickBooks version to uninstall and hit on the Uninstall option. Once the user is done, get the application reinstalled on the computer once again and launch QuickBooks to check for Error 30114.
The clean install process can also be successfully done by using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Fixing QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114 is not that complicated. In case users still face the issue, then it is suggested that they seek assistance from QuickBooks payroll support services that are available throughout the day.
How to transfer QuickBooks desktop from old computer to new?
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6094
How to Update State Unemployment Insurance Rate (SUI) in QuickBooks?