A very common bug that keeps disturbing the users is error code 6129. Technical glitches like this, pauses the activities and operations of the software. In QuickBooks, each error is assigned an error code, which makes it easy to detect the issue and also get it rectified without much hassle. Talking about QuickBooks error code 6123, it actually represents an issue with the system that hosts the software, as it might be restricting the user from creating the company files. The probability of bumping into such an error increases, when one uses QuickBooks software for company’s payroll and accounting management. Well, this is piece of information is a gist of the triggers of QuickBooks database connectivity verification failed error 6129 and the practices to easily shun off the technical snag.
Interested readers can stay glued to this piece of writing or connect with our U.S based accounting experts today!
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance error?
Further details related to QuickBooks Error 6129
Though QuickBooks errors might be time consuming and pretty much annoying, but the positive aspect related to these errors is that they appear on the screen with all the related information, which makes it easy for the users to deal with them. QuickBooks error code 6129 often appears on the screen when there is database connection verification failure. Another situation when such an error might be seen is if the software is looking to access the company files.
Error name: QuickBooks error code 6129, 0
Warning message: QuickBooks pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Spot the QuickBooks error 6129 using the following symptoms
One can easily identify the error code using the below stated signs and symptoms. Come along to explore further!
- The error code itself pops up on the screen and crashes the active window
- Running the same program makes the system crash itself again and again
- Windows operating system functions slowly to the keyboard and mouse responses
- The system freezes for fraction of seconds
Fixation steps according to the causes of the QuickBooks error 6129
Checkout the infographic and get the quick solution for this error:
Now that you are a bit familiar with the bug and related facts, it is the right time to explore the fixes for the same according to the factors triggering. Let us dive in to get a better insight:
Cause 1: Antivirus hindering the process to create a new company file
Solution: Turning off antivirus using safe mode
Often the user might come across QuickBooks error 6129, when the antivirus is hindering the process to create a new company file. In such a scenario what would work best is to turn off the antivirus using the safe mode. The steps that fall under this process are as follows:
- To start off with, restart the system without changing the safe mode
- Furthermore, turn off the running antivirus software
- Create another company file
- Ensure to keep the system in the normal working mode
- Try rebooting the system
- Open QuickBooks and the company file
- Last but not the least check if the error is appearing or not
Read Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 7149?
Cause 2: Damaged or corrupted network files with extension .ND
Solution: Rename QuickBooks .ND files
QuickBooks error code 6129 can also be seen when there is damaged or corrupted network files with the .ND extension. What works in such a situation is renaming QuickBooks .ND files. The steps that are involved in here are as follows:
- Kick start the process by searching for .ND files in QuickBooks
- Rename the file by right clicking the old name of the company file and also picking the rename option
- Head forward by entering OLD at the end of the file name and then hit Enter key
- Open the company file, if you are using only one system. To access the same company file on various systems, carry out the steps below:
- Click on the windows start tab
- Hit programs tab and also select QuickBooks
- Hit a click on the QuickBooks database server manager and also click on scan folders tab
- In case there isn’t any folder visible having the company file, then it is suggested to click on add folder to add it
- Furthermore, click on scan and when the scanning process is complete, then close it
- Open the company file and observe if QuickBooks is functioning or not
Cause 3: Domain of the server and client doesn’t match
Solution: Make sure that the systems work on one domain
The user might come across the QuickBooks error code 6129 in case the domain of the server and client doesn’t match. In such a scenario, the user should get all the systems on the same domain and check if the issue persists. You can also contact a Network Administrator to help you connect all the systems to one domain.
You may also consider: Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Desktop Pro/Premier
Cause 4: Outdated QuickBooks desktop software
Solution: Updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest
Using the outdated QuickBooks desktop software can trigger the QuickBooks error code 6129. This demand updating the software immediately. The steps to be carried out in this case are as follows:
- Begin with opening the software and heading to the help menu and also elect update QuickBooks desktop option
- Later head towards the update now tab
- Moreover, select get updates tab to start with the download process
- Furthermore, restart the QuickBooks desktop software once
- Pay heed to the on-screen instructions to accept the option for installing the new release
Miscellaneous causes and solutions
There can be certain uncommon causes, as well as solutions which can be considered if the above solutions didn’t work and the cause of the issue didn’t fall under the above categories. Let us check these miscellaneous causes and solutions one by one:
- Malfunction in the system operation
- Uninstallation of the software
- Invalid entries in the windows registry
- Improper shutdown due to a power failure
Related Article: How to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home?
Alternate solutions listed below can work, in case the above solutions didn’t work or if the cause behind the error belongs to the above list. Let us check out the solutions one by one:
Method 1: Create another folder and navigate to the QuickBooks company file
In this solution, the user can create another folder and head to the QuickBooks company file. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- To start off with the process, create another file folder
- Choose the QuickBooks company files to the new folder
- This would make it easy for the user to open QuickBooks company file using the new folder, in case the user has been using QuickBooks one system
- Head towards the next step, in case you are using the same file on more than one system
- Click on the start tab
- Elect the programs option
- Hit a click on QuickBooks and opt for QuickBooks database server manager
- Moving ahead, the user will have to click on the scan folders tab
- In case there is no folder having the company file, then clicking on the add folder option is suggested
- Tap on the scan button
- Click on close after the scanning process completes
- By the end of the process, open QuickBooks company file and ensure whether the same is working or not.
Method 2: Logging in as Windows Administrator
Often the user might come across this error, when he/she hasn’t logged in as admin. In such a situation, the user will have to try logging in to the windows using admin credentials. In case the user isn’t having the admin login credentials, then he/she should find support for windows or consult an IT professional.
- Try to open the company file. Login as Windows Administrator by clicking on ‘Run as Administrator’ and update the company file.
- If you are not able to login as Windows Administrator, get in touch with Windows Support or IT professional for help.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
Method 3: Troubleshooting steps at the time of easy step interview
When none of the solutions worked, the below steps can be relied upon.
- Under this step, the user should click on leave when in Easy step interview
- Furthermore, when the message stating “Save the file?” appears on the screen, then click on Yes tab
- Final step is to enter the file name and click on save tab
For technical help
Rectifying QuickBooks error code 6129, 0 isn’t a hard nut to crack. It just involves some simple steps which have elaborated in this piece of writing. On the contrary, if you are unable to tackle this technical snag even after employing the given solutions, then we advise you to seek for QuickBooks enterprise technical support professional assistance immediately.
You can reach out to our U.S. based accounting experts and CPA’s immediately using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and get solutions to all your issues instantaneously.
More helpful resources