Get to know the effective measures to fix QuickBooks error 6129
QuickBooks Error 6129 is a common technical aberration that has been annoying QuickBooks users lately. Technical intricacies of this type lead to undue delay in daily accounting activities and obstruct software operations. In QuickBooks, each error pops up as a specific error code. This makes it easy to detect and rectify the issue without much hassle. It represents an issue with the system hosting QuickBooks. Among the several major implications is a restriction on creating and accessing the company files.
The possibility of bumping into the error code ‘Database connection verification failure‘ increases when one uses QuickBooks to manage the company’s payroll and streamline the accounting management. Through this article, we offer a gist of potential triggers leading to QuickBooks database connectivity verification failed error 6129 and the practices to shun off the technical snag easily. Interested readers can stay glued to this piece of writing or connect with our U.S based accounting experts at 1-(800) 761-1787.
Check Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Bank Error 106?
A Rudimentary Insight Into QuickBooks Error 6129
QuickBooks errors might be time-consuming and highly annoying, but the only positive aspect of these errors is that they appear on the screen with all the related information, making it easy for you to deal with them. QuickBooks error code 6129 often appears on the screen when database connection verification fails. Another situation when such an error is if the software is looking to access the company files.
|Error name:||Error Code 6129, 0|
|Warning message:||QuickBooks pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.|
QuickBooks Error 6129: Signs and Symptoms
One can easily identify the error code using the below-stated signs and symptoms. Come along to explore further!
- The error code itself pops up on the screen and crashes the active window.
- Running the same program makes the system crash itself again and again
- Windows operating system functions slowly to the keyboard and mouse responses.
- The system freezes for a fraction of a second.
Causes behind QuickBooks Database Connection Failed Error 6129
There can be certain uncommon causes, as well as solutions which can be considered if the above solutions didn’t work and the cause of the issue didn’t fall under the above categories. Let us check these miscellaneous causes and solutions one by one:
- Malfunction in the system operation
- Antivirus obstructing the creation of a new company file
- Uninstallation of the software
- Out-to-Date QuickBooks software
- Damaged or corrupted network files with extension .ND
- Invalid entries in the Windows registry
- Domain of the server and client doesn’t match
- Improper shutdown due to a power failure
You may also like: Fix Payroll is not taking taxes out of payroll check in QuickBooks
Potential Solutions Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129
Now that you are a bit familiar with the bug and related facts, it is the right time to explore the fixes for the same according to the factors triggering. Let us dive in to get a better insight:
Solution 1: Turn off the antivirus (in safe mode)
Often users might come across QuickBooks error message 6129 when the antivirus is hindering the process of creating a new company file. In such a scenario, what would work best is to turn off the antivirus using the safe mode. The steps that fall under this process are as follows:
- In the inception, reboot the system using the Safe mode.
- This can be done by pressing the F8 key at the boot screen, followed by opting for Safe Mode With Networking.
- Once the Desktop screen shows up, turn off the Running antivirus software.
- Create another Company file.
- Ensure to keep the system in the normal working mode.
- Try Rebooting the system and opening QuickBooks and the Company file.
- Finally, check if the error is appearing or not.
Solution 2: Rename Network file(.ND) for QuickBooks
This error code can also be seen when there are damaged or corrupted network files with the .ND extension. What works in such a situation is renaming QuickBooks .ND files. The steps that are involved here are as follows:
- Kick start the process by searching .ND files in QuickBooks.
- Rename the file by right-clicking the Company file and choosing the Rename option.
- Head forward by entering .OLD at the end of the file name and then hit Enter key.
- Open the company file if you are using only one system. To access the same company file on various systems, carry out the steps below:
- Hit a click on the Windows start tab.
- After that, click on the Programs tab and also select QuickBooks.
- Now hit a click on the QuickBooks database server manager and also click on the Scan folders tab.
- If there isn’t any folder visible having the company file, then it is suggested to click on Add folder to add it.
- Furthermore, click on Scan now, and when the scanning process is complete, close it.
- Open the company file and observe if QuickBooks is functioning or not.
Read Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 7149?
Solution 3: Make sure the systems work on one domain
You might come across QuickBooks Error 6129 in case the domain of the server and client doesn’t match. In such a scenario, you should get all the systems on the same domain and check if the issue persists. You can also contact a Network Administrator to help you connect all the systems to one domain.
Solution 4: Updating QuickBooks Desktop to the recent
Using the outdated QuickBooks desktop software can trigger such error. This demand updating the software immediately. The steps to be carried out, in this case, are as follows:
- Initially, open the software and head to the Help menu and also elect Update QuickBooks desktop option.
- Afterward, head towards the Update now tab.
- Moreover, choose the Get updates option to start with the download process.
- Restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- Pay heed to the on-screen instructions to Accept the option for installing the new release.
You may also consider: What is the Procedure to Fix QuickBooks Error 12057?
Solution 5: Create another folder and navigate to the QuickBooks company file
In this solution, you can create another folder and head to the QuickBooks company file. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- At the start, Create another file folder.
- Transfer the QuickBooks company files to the new folder.
- This would make it easy for you to open QuickBooks company file using the new folder, in case you have been using QuickBooks one system.
- Head towards the next step, in case you are using the same file on more than one system.
- Now, hit on the Start tab and choose the Programs option.
- Afterward, hit on QuickBooks and opt for QuickBooks database server manager.
- Moving forward, choose the Scan folders option.
- In case there is no folder with the company file, hit on the Add folder option.
- Hit on the Scan now button.
- Click on Close after the scanning process completes.
- By the end of the process, open the QuickBooks company file and ensure whether the same is working or not.
In case the QuickBooks error 6129 still persists, you can perform the following steps given below.
Solution 6: Login as Windows Administrator
Often, users might encounter this error when they haven’t logged in as admin. In such a situation, you will have to try logging in to Windows using admin credentials. If you don’t have the admin login credentials, then you should find support for Windows or consult an IT professional.
- Attempt to open the company file. Login as Windows Administrator by choosing the Run as Administrator option and update the company file.
- If you are not able to login as Windows Administrator, get in touch with Windows Support or IT professional for help.
Related Article: How to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home?
Solution 7: Taking assistance from the easy step interview
When none of the solutions worked, the below steps can be relied upon.
- Under this step, you should click on leave in Easy step interview.
- Furthermore, when the message stating “Save the file?” appears on the screen, then click on Yes tab.
- Final step is to enter the file name and click on Save tab.
Solution 8: Run clean install tool and database server manager in tool hub
Step 1: Go for a clean install
A clean installation can rectify QuickBooks error code 6129 issue up to a great extent. We recommend you to perform the below stated steps:
- Download and Install the QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Afterwards, you need to open tool hub.
- Moreover, proceed to the Installation issues option.
- Along with that, choose the Clean install tool tab.
- A clean installation will commence on the system.
Step 2: Make use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Follow the steps below to use the QuickBooks Database Manager to fix Error 6129 in QuickBooks.
- Subsequently, launch the Tool hub.
- Afterward, visit the Network issues section.
- Proceed ahead by choosing the QuickBooks database server manager.
- The communication between the software and the server will also be improved.
- Fixing network-related issues might become a little easy.
- Wait for the process to complete and reboot the system.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
The most typical remedy for QuickBooks problems is this. You’ll need to update QuickBooks desktop latest if it isn’t currently running the most recent version. To upgrade QB Desktop, adhere to the steps below:
- Launch the QuickBooks desktop program.
- Select “Update QuickBooks” from the “Help” menu.
- Now click on the “Get Updates” option after selecting the updates you want to download.
- Then select “Update” and wait for the process to finish.
You may read: How to Resolve QuickBooks error 15103?
Need Technical Help?
The process of rectification of the QuickBooks error code 6129, 0 isn’t cumbersome. It merely involves some simple steps encapsulated in this invaluable article. On the contrary, if you are unable to tackle this technical snag even after employing the given solutions, then we advise you to seek for QuickBooks enterprise technical support professional assistance immediately.
You can reach out to our U.S.-based accounting experts and CPA’s immediately using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and get solutions to all your issues instantaneously.
More helpful resources
How to Transfer Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop?
Quickest ways to fix QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1085
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Error