Learn how to resolve the QuickBooks company file error code 6143:
Are you facing QuickBooks error code 6143 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry, as this article will brief you about the factors causing the this error. QuickBooks error 6143 is seen due to any malfunction in the company files. It can also be seen due to corrupted system files or incomplete/damaged installation. This can also be due to deleted or corrupted entries in the windows registry. The error code 6143 is seen with an error message and crashes the open windows screen. In order to ensure that the tasks get completed smoothly and effectively, it is very important for the user to fix the error.
To know more about QuickBooks error code 6143, its causes and fixes, make sure to read this post carefully till the end. Or you can also discuss your query with our professionals and our experts. Our team will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001 (Unable to open this company file)
Quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 6143
The QuickBooks error code 6143 can be resolved easily, by carrying out a couple of methods and steps. Let us explore the methods one by one:
Method 1: Opening a sample company file locally installed on a workstation
The very first method is to open a sample company file locally installed on a workstation. Opening the sample company file helps in verifying the issue lied with the company file. In case the sample company file doesn’t open and displays the issue, it is a sign of the QuickBooks installation being damaged. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The first step is to select open a sample file in the no company open window
- And then select from the list of sample company files
- In case the sample file opens, the user needs to proceed to open the file locally. In case the sample file returns the same error message, then in that case repair the QuickBooks installation.
Method 2: Configuring antivirus software and firewall ports
In case the antivirus and firewall programs block the access to specific QuickBooks programs or files, then the user might encounter these issues. The user can also try to configure the firewall ports and in order to setup an exception to the antivirus software.
Method 3: Closing all QuickBooks processes
Another method can be to close all QuickBooks processes. The steps to be followed in this are as follows:
- Initially, the user needs to log in as the administrator
- After that, the user needs to press ctrl + shift + esc keys which will display the task manager
- Now, select the users tab to show processes for all users
Method 4: Opening the company file locally
Opening the company file locally, helps the user in testing if there is an issue with the location of the company file. In case the file opens while it is saved on the desktop, which means that the location is probably damaged. If the file doesn’t open up even after changing the location, there is a possibility that the file is damaged. The steps to be followed over here are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the folder having the company file
- And then look for the file that has extension of
- Followed by right clicking the file
- And also, selecting copy
- Now, the user needs to moving on the desktop
- The next step is to select paste
- And press control key
- Once done with that open QuickBooks
- Moving ahead, the user needs to move to the no company open window
- And also, select open or restore an existing company
- Lastly, close all QuickBooks processes
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
By now, you might be well versed with the QuickBooks error code 6143 and its quick fixes. However, if the error continues to trouble you or if you faced any difficulty, give us a call at our toll-free customer number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks error support team of professionals and certified QB ProAdvisors will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
You might also consider