QuickBooks error code CC-501 is usually seen when you use QuickBooks online services at the same time, while updating an account. This sort of issue can also be seen due to script issues. Such an error mainly occurs in the operating systems 7, 8, Vista, and XP windows. QuickBooks Error code CC-501 is not a common error, and might seem a bit complicated to many users. If you are also facing any such issue, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end.
You may also read: QBWin.log: How to find and fix QuickBooks errors?
What leads to QuickBooks error code CC-501?
There can be a handful of factors that might lead to QuickBooks error CC-501, which includes the following:
- Any disapproved bank credentials or using an outdated QuickBooks version.
- Any sort of virus or malware attack.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- Superfluous junk files ending in slowing the speed of the system.
Before you try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code CC-501, it is recommended to first consider the below points:
Step 1: Backup your company file
It is recommended to create a backup of the file.
- At first open QuickBooks.
- And move to file and then backup and restore.
- After that click on backup the QuickBooks file.
- And follow the onscreen instructions and get backup.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks desktop
- Also, it is important to ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- Open QuickBooks.
- And move to the help option and check for updates.
- In case any update is available then hit yes.
Quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code CC-501 issue
There are a handful of methods that can be opted to resolve the QuickBooks error CC-501. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Deactivate and reactive QuickBooks account
- For this, you are supposed to move to the tool menu and then choose account list.
- Check out for the specific account that generates the issue under the various lists of accounts.
- Click on online server and hit on deactivate tab.
- Followed by clicking on yes to confirm the deactivation.
- Move to the online setup and choose the setup now after the account is deactivated.
- Also hit OK tab and then hit done.
- Carry out the first 3 steps.
- And after you are done with that enter the username and password.
- Followed by ensuring that you have saved the entered password, if you have already set up the vault.
- Click on connect.
- This may take a bit of time.
- After the accounts found then ensure to link it with an existing account.
- Lastly, hit finish tab after clicking on next tab.
Method 2: Validating QuickBooks data files
- Move to he file and file operations.
- Followed by clicking on validate and repair.
- After that hit the validate tab and then hit OK button.
- Now hit a click on that it starts validating the data file.
- Depending upon the file size, the process might take some time.
- After that carry out the prompts DATA_LOG notepad on the screen after the validation process completes.
- The final step is to close the notepad and it is done.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=224?
Method 3: Updating QuickBooks Account
- For this, you need to open QuickBooks and ensure to login each and every account.
- After that refresh the bank account activity.
- Now hit a click on a downward error icon that can be seen on the right-hand side.
- The next step is to press Ctrl + Alt + U keys or directly hit the update now tab.
- Note down QB ID and password.
- And after it opens a new prompt window then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done with that, tap on update now.
- And if asked to change QuickBooks password.
- Type a new and password and set it properly.
- Last step is to tap on OK tab.
Method 4: Manual steps to resolve the error
In case you are able to spot some downloaded transactions waiting approval, then you would have to search individual account. You should accept it and try updating. You can face such issue in situations like:
- After a new account has been added.
- Seeing some issue with the temporary servers.
- Uncorroborated version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Using an outdated edition of QuickBooks.
- Using outdated bank credentials.
Also Read: TLS 1.2 for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
QuickBooks error code CC-501 is a type of error that conflicts with work, and slows down the performance of the system. We have tried to summarize the causes and fixes of the error.
However, if you continue to face the issue even after following the above steps, then feel free to call us at our support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
More Interesting Reads