Error code CC-501 is usually seen when the user uses QuickBooks online services simultaneously, while updating an account. This sort of issue can also be seen due to script issues. Such an error mainly occurs in the Operating systems 7, 8, Vista, and XP Windows. The QuickBooks Error code CC-501 is not a common error, and might seem a bit complicated to many users. If you have a similar problem, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end. However, the user can also make a call at our toll-free number, and take assistance from our professionals and certified ProAdvisors.
You may also read: QBWin.log: How to find and fix QuickBooks errors?
What leads to QuickBooks error code CC-501?
There can be a handful of factors that might lead to QuickBooks error CC-501, which includes the following:
- Any disapproved bank credentials or using an outdated QuickBooks version
- Any sort of virus or malware attack may also lead to such errors.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks
- Another trigger can be if superfluous junk files ending in slowing the speed of the system.
- You are not using the latest version of QuickBooks.
Before you try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code CC-501, it is recommended to first consider the below points:
Step 1: Backup your company file
It is recommended to create a backup of the file.
- At first open your QuickBooks and move to File menu.
- Here you need to go to backup and then tap on restore.
- After that, hit a click on the opt to backup the QuickBooks file.
- And follow the on-screen instructions to get a backup.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks desktop
Also, it is important to check that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- The user need to open QuickBooks and move to the help menu.
- After that tap on Update QuickBooks desktop option.
- In case any update is available, the user need to hit on yes.
Quick Fixes to the QuickBooks error code CC-501 issue
There are a handful of methods that can be opted to resolve the QuickBooks error message CC-501. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Fix 1: Deactivate and reactive QuickBooks account
- For this, you are supposed to move to the Tool menu and then choose Account list.
- And then check out for the Specific account that generates the issue under the various Lists of accounts.
- Moving ahead, hit a click on Online server and hit on Deactivate tab.
- Followed by clicking on Yes to confirm the deactivation.
- You now need to move to the Online setup and choose the setup now after the account is deactivated.
- Also, hit on the OK tab and then hit Done.
- Now carry out the first 3 steps.
- And after you are done with that, Enter the Username and Password.
- Followed by ensuring that you have saved the entered password if you have already set up the vault.
- Now click on Connect (This may take a bit of time)
- After the accounts are found then, ensure to link it with an existing account.
- Lastly, click on the Finish tab after clicking on the Next tab.
Fix 2: Validating QuickBooks data files
- Initially, the user needs to move to the File and File operations.
- Followed by clicking on Validate and repair.
- After that, hit the Validate tab and then hit OK button.
- Now hit a click on that it starts Validating the data file.
- Depending upon the file size, the process might take some time.
- After that, carry out the prompts DATA_LOG notepad on the screen after the validation process completes.
- The final step is to close the notepad, and it is done.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=224?
Fix 3: Updating QuickBooks Account
- For this, you need to open QuickBooks and ensure to login each and every account.
- After that, refresh the Bank account activity.
- Now hit a click on a Downward error icon that can be seen on the right-hand side.
- The bext step is to press Ctrl + Alt + U keys or directly hit the Update now tab.
- Note down QB ID and password.
- And after it opens a new prompt Window then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done with that, tap on Update now.
- And if asked to Change QuickBooks password.
- Here you need to type a new and password and set it properly.
- Last step is to tap on OK tab.
Fix 4: Resetting CC credentials
- Herein, you need to choose the Tools option and also choose Online center.
- Furthermore, you need to press Shift and click to Open recent CC credentials.
- And then you need to perform the instructions that appear on the screen to Reset CC credentials.
- Heading forward, relaunch QuickBooks and also open the account.
- Now check if the issue persists.
Also Read: TLS 1.2 for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Fix 5: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop
- Under this process, you need to press Windows + R keys and also type in appwiz.cpl in the field and also hit Enter tab.
- Also, look for QuickBooks entry and also right click on it.
- Later head towards, choose Uninstall option and also ascertain that all the Temporary files are removed.
- The next step is to download and install QuickBooks desktop and enter the account details.
Fix 6: Manual steps to resolve the error
In case you are able to spot some downloaded transactions waiting for approval, then you would have to search individual account. You should accept it and try updating. You can face this issue in situations like:
- A New account has been added.
- Seeing some issues with the Temporary servers.
- Unsupported or Incompatible version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Using an outdated edition of QuickBooks or outdated bank credentials.
QuickBooks error code CC-501 refers to an error that conflicts with work, and slows down the performance of the system. We have tried to summarize the causes and fixes of the error. However, if you continue to face the problem even after following the above-mentioned steps, then feel free to connect with us via our support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and certified experts will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
It is a script error that usually occurs at the time a user uses multiple online services at the same time during updating their accounts.
The error may appear due to the following factors:
1. QuickBooks may not be updated.
2. Incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
The various methods to rectify this error are:
1: Try to deactivate & Reactivate the QuickBooks account.
2: To fix such error, validate your QuickBooks data files.
3: Also, try to Update QuickBooks Account or reset the CC credentials.
4: You can perform a clean Installation or reinstallation of QuickBooks desktop to fix this issue.
More Interesting Reads