QuickBooks error code CC-501 is usually seen when you use QuickBooks online services simultaneously or while updating an account. This sort of issue can also be seen due to script issues. This type of error mainly occurs in the operating systems 7, 8, Vista, and XP Windows. The QuickBooks Error code CC-501 isn’t a common one, and might seem a bit confusing to many users. If you have a similar problem, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end.
You may also read: QBWin.log: How to find and fix QuickBooks errors?
What leads to QuickBooks error code CC-501?
There can be a handful of factors that might lead to QuickBooks error CC-501, which includes the following:
- Any disapproved bank credentials or using an outdated QuickBooks version
- Any sort of virus or malware attack
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks
- Superfluous junk files ending in slowing the speed of the system
Before you try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code CC-501, it is recommended to first consider the below points:
Step 1: Backup your company file
It is recommended to create a backup of the file.
- At first open QuickBooks and move to file and then backup and restore.
- After that click on backup the QuickBooks file.
- And follow the on-screen instructions and get backup.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks desktop
- Also, it is important to ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- Open your QuickBooks.
- And move to the help option and check for updates.
- In case any update is available then hit yes.
Quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code CC-501 issue
There are a handful of methods that can be opted to resolve the QuickBooks error message CC-501. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Deactivate and reactive QuickBooks account
- For this, you are supposed to move to the Tool menu and then choose Account list.
- Check out for the Specific account that generates the issue under the various Lists of accounts.
- Hit a click on Online server and hit on Deactivate tab.
- Followed by clicking on Yes to confirm the deactivation.
- Move to the Online setup and choose the setup now after the account is deactivated.
- Also hit OK tab and then hit Done.
- Carry out the first 3 steps.
- And after you are done with that Enter the Username and Password.
- Followed by ensuring that you have saved the entered password, if you have already set up the vault.
- Now click on Connect (This may take a bit of time)
- After the accounts found then ensure to link it with an existing account.
- Lastly click on Finish tab after clicking on Next tab.
Method 2: Validating QuickBooks data files
- Move to the File and File operations.
- Followed by clicking on Validate and repair.
- After that hit the Validate tab and then hit OK button.
- Now hit a click on that it starts Validating the data file.
- Depending upon the file size, the process might take some time.
- After that carry out the prompts DATA_LOG notepad on the screen after the validation process completes.
- The final step is to close the notepad and it is done.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=224?
Method 3: Updating QuickBooks Account
- For this, you need to open QuickBooks and ensure to login each and every account.
- After that refresh the Bank account activity.
- Now hit a click on a Downward error icon that can be seen on the right-hand side.
- Next step is to press Ctrl + Alt + U keys or directly hit the Update now tab.
- Note down QB ID and password.
- And after it opens a new prompt Window then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done with that, tap on Update now.
- And if asked to Change QuickBooks password.
- Type a new and password and set it properly.
- Last step is to tap on OK tab.
Method 4: Resetting CC credentials
- Herein, you need to choose the Tools option and also choose Online center.
- Furthermore, you need to press Shift and click to Open recent CC credentials.
- You need to perform the instructions that appear on the screen to Reset CC credentials.
- Heading forward, relaunch QuickBooks and also open the account.
- Check if the issue persists.
Also Read: TLS 1.2 for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Method 5: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop
- Under this process, you need to press Windows + R and also type in appwiz.cpl in the field and also hit Enter tab.
- Look for QuickBooks entry and also right click on it.
- Go for Uninstall option and also ascertain that all the Temporary files are removed.
- Download and install QuickBooks desktop.
- Enter the account details and also check if the issue is resolved.
Method 6: Manual steps to resolve the error
In case you are able to spot some downloaded transactions waiting approval, then you would have to search individual account. You should accept it and try updating. You can face this issue in situations like:
- A New account has been added.
- Issue with the Temporary servers.
- Uncorroborated version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Using an outdated edition of QuickBooks or outdated bank credentials.
QuickBooks error code CC-501 refers to an error that conflicts with work, and slows down the performance of the system. We have tried to summarize the causes and fixes of the error. However, if you continue to face the similar problem even after performing the above mentioned steps, then feel free to connect with us via our support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
More Interesting Reads