Get the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 15103 using 9 DIY hacks
For the past few decades small and medium sized businesses have been largely benefitted by using the accounting software called QuickBooks. In fact, it is known as one of the most efficient software that has brought a considerable change in the way accounting or bookkeeping done, thereby simplifying business operations. To ensure seamless usage, every year Intuit launches a new version of the software consisting of new as well as improved features.
QuickBooks desktop has gained immense popularity over the years, but it often runs down to technical errors which affects business operations. Most of these errors can be easily resolved but for some of the complicated ones, users require the assistance from the support team. A very common issue faced is the QuickBooks error message 15103 that may seen at the time you updating desktop or Payroll.
What is QuickBooks error 15103 and why it happens?
The QuickBooks error 15103 majorly happens when you try to download QuickBooks Desktop or payroll updates or sometimes due to incorrect configuration. When this glitch happens, you will not be able to use the improved features of the QuickBooks payroll service. Before you try to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15103, it is important to understand why it is happening and accordingly solutions can be found. Below are some of the reasons behind this error. Below are some of the reasons behind this error.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge browser is incorrectly configuration.
- When QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature of any file.
- Poor connectivity of the network can also cause the error.
- It can occur due to the incomplete installation of QuickBooks files and it got damaged.
- Due to damaged Windows Registry.
You may read also: How to swiftly troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1311?
Fixation methods to resolve QuickBooks update error 15103
In order to resolve the error code 15103 form your QuickBooks payroll, follow these below given solutions sequentially.
Solution 1: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks desktop
- The first thing to do is uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that you have to download and then start the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now manually Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder.
- Once that is done, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you have to check whether the QuickBooks update error 15103 still persists.
Solution 2: Installing Digital Signature Certificate
- Firstly, you have to start a window search for QBW32.exe which is in the C:\Program File\ Intuit\ QuickBooks and to also look for the QBW32.exe window.
- In case, you are unable to find the QBW32.exe in the initial search then click on the more result in window search.
- Now you have to click on the computer icon on the next screen.
- From the search result, look for the QBW32.exe which has a type of application.
- Once done, click on QBW32.exe then go to the Properties option.
- Now, you have to click on the Digital Signature tab and ensure that Intuit Inc. is selected or it is not in the signature list.
- After that, go to the Details option.
- In the digital signature, the Detail window clicks on the View Certificate.
- You have to now click on Install Certificate in the Certificate window.
- Now hit on the Next tab until the Finish tab gets displayed on the screen, then click on Finish.
- After that you have to restart your computer system.
- When the restart process is successfully completed then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Finally, download the updates again.
Solution 3: Edit the Internet Explorer Settings
- The first thing you have to do is open your Internet Explorer.
- Now click on the gear icon and then select Internet options.
- After that, you have to go to the security tab > Trusted Sites > Site.
- Once done you have to add the following website
- For US version of QuickBooks:-
- For Canadian version of QuickBooks:-
- After you have added the above mentioned details click on the Close button.
- Then, choose the Apply option and then OK tab.
- Finally verify whether the QuickBooks error 15103 is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Configure Firewall and Antivirus Defender
You need to setup your firewall anti-virus defender to check if your QuickBooks files are all saved and secure. In case the firewall is not configured it will damage the QuickBooks files especially when you try to download updates or while reinstalling any version. Follow the given steps:
- Initially, go to Windows Start menu.
- Input “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” into the search box and then open it.
- After that go to the port monitor tab. (Take note of your port number because you’ll need this number for the firewall port exceptions)
- Find the QuickBooks version.
- Once you have entered your port number, hit a click the next option.
- Now select Allow connection after which click proceed to the next step.
- If you’re prompted to do so, ensure all profiles have been marked.
- Hit a click on Next.
- Now create a rule. Give it a name such as “QBPorts(year).“
- Once you’re done, hit a click on Finish.
Solution 5: Verify the Internet Connection and QuickBooks Settings
- Ensure that the QuickBooks files have internet access of incoming and outgoing, and also configure your firewall and antivirus.
- If firewall is not configured with QuickBooks, then you might get errors when you try to download the update.
Solution 6: Download the update in Safe Mode
- The first thing to do is open your system in safe mode.
- After that try downloading the update.
- Once it is done, restart your system in normal mode.
- As a final step you have to re-download the update and verify whether is resolved or not.
Read this also: Steps to Fix error 1903 when you install QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 7: Switch to Normal Start up Mode
- Firstly, you have to open the Run window by pressing on Windows+R keys together.
- Now type MSCONFIG in the Run box and then click on OK.
- After that choose the Normal startup.
- Click on the apply button and then the on OK tab.
- Once it is all done restart your system.
Solution 8: Run QuickFix program and Download
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, ensure that the program is properly installed on your computer.
- Once the installation is done, go to the Program Problems tab and then click on the Quick Fix my Program.
- It will take some time to start.
- When it is complete then reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 9: Start the Reboot.bat file
- Firstly, you have to close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and then choose the properties.
- After that go to the open file Location and then you have to type on it reboot/reboot.bat at the top right search bar.
- Now choose to Run as Admin and then click on yes.
- To apply to the changes, restart your system and then reopen QuickBooks.
- Now click on Update if you agree to install the updates on your system.
Resolving the QuickBooks payroll error 15103 is not that complicated as it seems but if the problem persists or you get stuck then you are recommended to connect with the QuickBooks payroll support team by dialing 1-800-761-1787. Our experienced and well-trained experts will guide you through all your queries and even share tips and tricks to avoid errors in the future.
More helpful topics: