Learn the best ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83 in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks accounting software has gained popularity at large in the recent times, and people from all across the world prefer this accounting software for the features and functionalities it caters. But at the same time, it is an undeniable fact that this accounting software is prone to certain errors. One such commonly seen and reported error is QuickBooks error 6000, 83. In the recent times, many QuickBooks users have reported that they are encountering Error 6000,-83 while they are trying to access, restore, or backup the company file. The 6000 series errors can be very much annoying for the QB users to tackle with, and at the same time they can be very much time consuming.
Keeping all those factors in mind, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the causes, symptoms, quick fixes, and various other facts related to QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. This article can be of great help for you, if read carefully. Moreover, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323. Our experts and certified QB professionals will be happy to fix the error for you.
Related article: What is QuickBooks error 3371: status code 11118?
What is QuickBooks error code 6000, 83?
QuickBooks error code 6000, 83 comes under the -6000 series errors. This error can often cause severe damage to the company file and the system as well. The error appears with an error message stating:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tries to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, 83)”.
The user shouldn’t avoid this error code, as it might also cause a huge data damage. Thus, in order to avoid any further mess, the user should fix the bug as soon as possible.
How QuickBooks error 6000 83 is actually caused?
The user might encounter this annoying error due to multiple factors, a few which are enlisted below:
- In case some QuickBooks files are missing
- Or if the permissions for the network server are less than the sufficient amount
- Insufficient permissions for windows user
- Also, if there are not proper permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX, the user might encounter this error
- Another situation can be when the files are being blocked by the firewall or any security software.
- The user is trying to convert the company file from an earlier version over a network
- Damaged company file
- Hosting mode is open in more than one system
- Windows version is not US or Canadian one.
What are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 6000 83?
There can be certain signs and symptoms that can be followed by the QuickBooks users to identify the QuickBooks error 6000, 83. A few of which are:
- QuickBooks error code itself appears on the screen, while crashing the active program window
- Or the error message repeatedly displays on the screen
- System freezes periodically
- The windows operating system run slowly and do not respond to the mouse and keyboard inputs.
How one can get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000, 83?
There can be multiple methods that one can apply for, in order to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. Thus, we will be exploring each of the methods one by one. Let us begin:
Method 1: Editing and optimizing windows hosts file
The user is required to have admin rights, in order to access the server and systems that connect to the same. This will ultimately help the users in editing the windows hosts file. However, if the company file is stored on a Linux server and the QuickBooks error 6000 83 is encountered while opening the file, the user will have to carry out the steps below:
Step 1: Initially, configure the Linux database server manager
- The user will first have to configure the Linux database server manager to specify the directory in the Initord.conf file. After that, reboot the QuickBooks solution application on the windows client and then ping the server.
- After that edit the hosts file.
Step 2: In this step, the user is supposed to configure the host file
The user might encounter the error while creating a backup, in such a case the steps to be followed are:
- Crafting a new folder on the root of the C drive
- And then taking the backup of the company file manually and saving it in the above created folder
- Open Windows Start menu on one of the systems connected to the network
- Followed by typing in CMD in the search bar and then opening command
- Also type Ping with the server name in the window and then hit Enter key
- Jot down the server name and then the IP address as well.
After that, the user is supposed to edit the host files and make sure that all the systems connected to the server are having the proper IP address and Linux server name. And then begin with the system encountering the bug.
- Close QuickBooks on all the systems that are connected to the network. Also, move to the file menu and then click on Quit QuickBooks desktop option
- Open windows start menu
- Type in file explorer and then open the same
- Select my computer tab, which might also appear as THIS PC.
- Open C Drive and also open windows folder.
- And then find the system32 folder and then open the driver folder and also the ETC folder
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to right click the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and open it with the notepad.
- Move to the bottom file and then add the Linux server IP address at the end of the text. Also, press the TAB key and add the same. Make sure to enter name with correct case, as the Linux system files can be a sensitive case.
- End the process by selecting the file and then saving it.
Step 3: Restore company file
If by any chance the error appeared when the user was trying to restore the company file, then in that case. The steps to be followed are:
- Authenticating the extension of the company file.
- The user is supposed to check whether the restored company file is having qbw extension or not. If not, then the user will have to modify the file extension to qbw.
- Also, the user needs to ensure that there is no problem with the company file.
Method 2: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
The user can simply download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website and then run it to resolve the bug. The tool can either be used via QuickBooks tool hub or can be downloaded directly. Below, we will be discussing the steps to be followed in case of QuickBooks tool hub:
- The user is first required to download the QuickBooks tool hub and after the download process comes to end, select the company file issues tab
- After that, the user is supposed to select the run QuickBooks file doctor option, from the company file issues tab.
- The tool might take a few moments to open up
- In the file doctor tool, click on browser to choose the damaged company file name.
- And then select the check your file option and also hit continue
- The next step is to enter the credentials and hit next option.
- The process might take some time depending upon the file size.
- Once the scan process completes, the bug will be resolved on its own and you are good to go.
Method 3: Checking the name of the backup file
In order to avoid any kind of hassle, the user is supposed to remove all sorts of signs, symbols, and special characters in the name. The steps to be followed are:
- Open windows start menu
- And then type file explorer and then open the same
- After that look for the folder having the company file and then open the same.
- The next step is to click on the file with .qbb extensions
- And then, select the rename option
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to delete any kind of special or unwanted characters from the file name
- And then right click the folder and select rename option
- Remove the special characters from here as well
- And lastly restore the company file.
Method 4: Turning of hosting mode on your workstations
If the company file is hosted over a network, then it is important to turn off the host multi-user access option. The server system is supposed to be the only one to host the files. The step that the users are supposed to follow in this process are:
- Open QuickBooks on one of the workstations
- Do not open the company file, and select the file menu and move to the utilities option
- Do not select the host multi-user access option and move to the next station.
- Whereas, the user should click on stop hosting multi-user access option, if visible.
- And end the process by carrying out the same process for each of the system.
Method 5: Fixing QuickBooks error 6000 83 manually
- The very first step in the manual process is to update the QuickBooks software to the latest release
- And then, configure/modify the settings of the firewall
- And then edit the permissions, only if required
- The next step is to authenticate the hosting mode on the server system with QuickBooks database server manager. Also the hosting should be turned off for other PCs
- Make sure that the QBSBMgrN.exe file is present under the task manager. Also authenticate whether the value in the user name column is correct
- Now, open QuickBooks company file in the host system. Also, copy the files to the windows desktop. And then open the QuickBooks and the company that are copied. If the error persists, fix it with restoring the backup by using QuickBooks auto data recovery ADR.
- If the company file opens up with no error, copy the company file back to its original place. And also rename them before copying.
- The last step in this process is to open QuickBooks and company file, to check if the error persists.
Method 6: Close all QuickBooks processes
For this particular method, the user needs to carry out the steps below and try to fix the issue.
- The very first step is to login as the admin on the server system
- And then, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the task manager
- The user is then required to show processes for all the users by selecting the users tab
- Also, highlight the QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe) and then select the end task
- After that, open the company file in multi user mode
- And check if the error is resolved or not
Get instant assistance
With this we come to the end of this post, where we hope that the information we have mentioned above, might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. Moreover, you can also consult our QuickBooks enterprise support team, if in case you need expert assistance or you are unable to deal with the error code 6000, 83.
Do not hesitate in talking to our professionals and discussing the issue with them, as they will be happy to help you and guide you through this annoying bug. Call us today at 1-888-383-0323!
Have a look on these articles: