Learn how to fix Runtime Redistributable in QuickBooks desktop Pro/Premier or Enterprise:
QuickBooks desktop runtime redistributable issue is seen if the Microsoft Visual C++ installation gets corrupted or damaged in the system. This is a Microsoft program that is used to run QuickBooks desktop. In order to start the program fresh, one can uninstall and reinstall it. Microsoft Visual C++ can be easily downloaded from the official website and if you already have a CD version of QuickBooks, then you can load the CD, find and run the Microsoft Visual C++ installer there. If you are facing this problem, then reading this article till the end will surely help.
We are going to discuss about the set of steps for QuickBooks runtime redistributable. However, if you are looking for any sort of technical assistance, then talking to our support team can also help. You can get in touch with our team professionals at 1-800-761-1787, and let our experts resolve this problem for you.
System requirements of QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable
Below are the system requirements for QuickBooks runtime distributable:
- Service pack 1 for windows 7
- Windows XP
- Version 8 Windows
- Service Pack 2 for Windows vista
- Version 8.1 windows
- Server Windows 2003
- R2SP1 Server Windows 2008
- Service Pack 2 for Windows 8
- Server Windows 2012
- R2 Server Windows 2012
- The minimum requirement is RAM 512 MB
- 5400 RPM hard drive is also must
- A processor of at least 900 MHz or higher
- At least 50 MB of hard drive space is necessary
- Powerful visual card with a high-resolution display.
What are the reasons for installing multiple Microsoft Visual C++ visual redistributable?
Below can be the reasons:
- It should be noted that depending on the windows version being used, various versions of C++ visual are pre-installed along with it.
- If you find another version of C++ visual redistributable on the system, it was most likely installed with software that need it.
- When you start some programs for the first time, you will see a notification stating that redistributable packages have been installed.
After installation QuickBooks runtime redistributable errors
These errors basically indicate that a specific version of the visual C++ redistributable needed by the software you are trying to install is either corrupted or missing. MSVCR110 handles the visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable.
- MSVCR71.dll, MSVCR08.dll, and MSVCR09.dll (from 2008 to 2010)
- MSVCR120.dll (2012)
- MSVCR130.dll (2013)
- MSVCR140.dll (2015)
At the time of installation, most of the program include a duplicate of Microsoft visual C++ redistributable.
Issues you may face due to QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable
Following are the problems you may face:
- Server may get crash or unstable
- Microsoft Visual C++ installation in your computer can be damage.
- Computer may restart without any warning
Steps to remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ to fix QuickBooks runtime redistributable issue
In order to fix the issue, you should follow the steps below to remove and reinstall Microsoft C++ visual.
Step 1: Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++
- The very first step is to close any program that is open.
- After that use the Windows + R keys and launch Run tab.
- Next step is to search for the Control Panel and hit OK tab.
- Once done with that select the Microsoft C++ software that is right for your QuickBooks version.
- You should then follow the instructions on the screen after clicking on uninstall tab.
- The last step is to reboot the system.
Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
- At first, you should insert the QuickBooks CD into the system’s CD drive.
- After that close QuickBooks installation windows that might show after installing the CD
- Next step is to click on Windows + R keys, then you might open the system.
- In case you aren’t having a QuickBooks CD, download and install Microsoft visual C++ from the Microsoft website.
With this, we come to the end of this article, where we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks runtime redistributable issue. But if in case you need any of our assistance, then in that case contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team professionals at 1-800-761-1787.
Other related articles: