A full Guide to resolve QuickBooks error code 6210 like a Professional
The reason you are visiting this blog post may be that you encountered the QuickBooks Error code 6210 on your screen. If that’s the case, we want you to know that this is a common error in QuickBooks and can be caused due to an infected or troublesome computer. It can appear abruptly on your computer screen and obstruct your free-flowing work. Updating your computer and cleaning the junk files on a regular basis is an effective way to keep away these type of problems. But as you have already received this error, following are few DIY troubleshooting steps that can help you resolve it.
In case you don’t want to trouble yourself with the technicalities of this error, then get in touch with us and remove the QuickBooks error code 6210, 0 immediately. You just need to start a conversation for your issue with our 24/7 QuickBooks desktop support team. We will take care of the rest.
You may also like: QuickBooks Student Discount – Get New Offers & Support 2022
What is QuickBooks Error code 6210?
You may the following error message on your desktop screen:
|Warning||We’re Sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this help article on QuickBooks support site to resolve the issue. Error codes: (-6210, 0)|
Though we have already mentioned some important facts about this error, but it is always better to understand the error code in detail, as it helps in getting rid of the error with much ease. QuickBooks error code 6210 is usually seen in multi-user mode, and it appears abruptly on the screen, preventing you from carrying out any of the tasks. You can stumble upon this sort of error, especially when the download process of the QuickBooks software is corrupted. There can be other possible reasons as well that can drive you to this error, which will be discussed later in this post.
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6210
As we mentioned above, QuickBooks multi-user mode error 6210, 0 can be seen due to corrupted download of the software. There is a list of other possible factors causing the error 6210. Let us have a look:
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- And any kind of data damage in QuickBooks company file can lead to this error.
- You might face this error, if there is any malware infection.
- Any sort of corruption in windows registry.
- Unintentional deletion of QuickBooks related files can also end up in such error.
- Another factor causing the issue can be any change made in QuickBooks related software.
Operating systems that face QuickBooks 6210 error
There are a couple of operating systems that might face the QuickBooks 6210 error. Let us check out some of them:
- Windows 7
- MS Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows 2000
- MS Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows Vista
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6210
You can identify the QuickBooks error message 6120, by checking out the below signs and symptoms:
- This error code is seen when an active program window crashes.
- Also, while running the same program, the system might crash.
- You can identify the QuickBooks error 6210 if the windows run sluggishly and take time to respond to any prompt by the mouse.
- In case the system freezes for few seconds at regular intervals, you are probable to end up in error 6210.
- You should check if the hosting is turned on, by simply pressing F2 tab and then looking for the local server information. Also ensure that the hosting is turned off.
- You are required to rename the .ND and .TLG files, and then run the database server manager from the QuickBooks tools hub.
Read this Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Installation Error 1920?
Fixation Methods for QuickBooks Error 6210, 0
This error can be very much annoying, but the best part is that it comes with a bunch of fixation methods that one can opt for. So, here we have listed some of the most effective and easy to implement methods to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6210.
Method 1: Changing the name of .ND and .TLG file (Single user mode)
You can rename the .ND and .TLG files in single user mode, to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6210. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Move to the folder containing QuickBooks installation directory and open it.
- Locate the corresponding network data and transaction log file.
- Hit a right click the .ND file and also choose the rename option.
- Add .OLD at the end of the extensions.
- You are also required to per from the same steps for the .TLG file and rename it.
- Once done with that, create a new folder on the desktop and then move the QuickBooks files to the newly created location.
- At last, open your QuickBooks and company file from a newly created folder on the system’s desktop.
Method 2: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
In case renaming the .ND files do not work, then you can download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Download QuickBooks tools hub and then move to the downloads by pressing Ctrl + J keys.
- Under the downloads list click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- After that click on Yes to allow the app to make change.
- Now click on Next and also install it, also click Yes for accepting the license agreement.
- Moving ahead, you need to hit a click on finish after the installation is complete.
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Hit a click on run QuickBooks file doctor under the company file issues.
Method 3: Updating QuickBooks desktop
Another method that one can opt for is to update the QuickBooks desktop. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- At firstly, open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Visit the help and update QuickBooks desktop option.
- Moving ahead, hit a click on update now tab to the top right corner.
- Check on reset updates and then click on get updates.
- Close QuickBooks after the update is complete.
Method 4: Copying the company files to the desktop
You can also copy the company file to the desktop, in order to fix the error. For this method, the below stated steps could be followed:
- Hit a right click on the desktop screen and then visit the new and folder options.
- Next, visit the current company file location.
- Right click on the company file and select the copy option.
- Moving ahead, you need to open the new folder and make a right click and select paste.
- Press Ctrl key and also make sure not to leave the Ctrl key till the no company open window appears.
- The next step is to choose the open a company file and hit next.
- Now browse to the desktop file copied in a new folder.
- Hit open and check if the file is opening or not.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code 00000 XXXXX?
Method 5: Downloading and running QuickBooks database server manager
- You can download the QuickBooks tools hub and then visit the downloads by pressing ctrl + J keys.
- Then click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe under the downloads list.
- Hit a click on Yes and allow this app to make changes.
- Click on next to install it and then hit Yes for accepting the license agreement.
- And then hit a cclick on Finish.
- Open the tools hub program.
- Next step in the process is to click on QuickBooks database server manager, under the network issues.
Scanning the company file location
- You will have to head over to the scan folders tab.
- Click on browse and select the folder that stores the company file.
- The final step is to click on OK and start scan option.
Method 6: Disabling anti-virus and anti-malware software
3rd security applications usually cause some unexpected errors in QuickBooks desktop. This usually prevents it from operating properly. These security software might pose threat to the company files and you might not be able to access the financial data. It is recommended to check the virus vault to understand which files are quarantined and then remove them.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 (Company File Error)?
Method 7: Install and use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
In order to effectively complete a re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop, the following 3 steps should be performed:
- Uninstallation of QuickBooks Software
- Use of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows
- Re-installation of QuickBooks in the System
Step 1: Un-Installation of QuickBooks Software
- Initially you need to press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the RUN command box, type Control panel on the search bar and click OK.
- Now, go to Programs and Features option and select Uninstall a Program option.
- From the list of all the Software, tap on QuickBooks Desktop and press Uninstall, follow the prompts on the screen to complete this step.
Step 2: Use of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows
- Start this step by downloading QuickBooks Tools Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Go to the file location where the download is saved and follow the on-screen installation prompts.
- Click ‘I Accept’ button to complete the installation process and you are ready to open the QuickBooks Tools Hub from the Desktop.
- Next, click on Clean Install Tool after selecting Installation Issues.
- Now select the QB Desktop Version which was installed previously on your computer and click on Continue.
- Wait to receive the message ‘Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ on your screen and then press OK to complete this step.
Step 3: Re-installation of QuickBooks in the System
- Insert the QuickBooks installation CD on your CD drive and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the accounting software is installed on your system, type in the product and license number for your copy of software.
- After furnishing the details, follow the on-screen instructions to get re-installation completed.
Method 8: Manually resolve this error
- At first, hit a click on the Start option.
- Enter command in search bar and also avoid pressing Enter key.
- The next step is to press and hold Ctrl + shift keys and hit Enter key.
- Once done with that, you will see a permission dialog box and hit Yes.
- Now you will then see a black box with blinking cursor.
- Type in regedit and hit Enter key.
- Select the error concerned key in the registry editor.
- Visit In the save in the list and then click on the folder to save the QuickBooks backup key.
- Moving ahead, you need to fill in the name of the backup file.
- Ensure that the option of the selected branch is ticked in the export range box.
- Now hit a click on Save and save the file with .reg file extension.
- And also, make sure to have a backup of QuickBooks associated registry entry.
We tried to cover all the credible troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6210. These steps have been already tested and tried by our experts in almost all the cases. We hope you find this article useful and are able to resume your work. On the off chance that the issue still persists, make sure to consult a professional and ask them to fix the error on your behalf. You can give us a call us at 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks error support team and certified professionals will be there to fix the error on your behalf.