Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error PS036: Unable to Verify Payroll Subscription:
QuickBooks error code PS036 is a quite common payroll error, that displays in QuickBooks payroll very frequently due to a few of reasons. This sort of issue generally takes place when QuickBooks users attempts to update the payroll tax table. Sometime, users might see an error abruptly on the screen and slow down the update process of your software. One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of this error can be when users faces difficulty in verifying the payroll subscription. There can be other reasons as well, due to which the error might appear and crashes an active Window and prevents users from performing an on-going task.
You might see the below given error message on your computer screen:
|Warning:||PS036: There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription or QuickBooks Unable to Verify Payroll Subscription|
|Error:||PS036 – Trouble verifying payroll subscription and can’t install new payroll updated|
If you are also experiencing the QuickBooks Unable to Verify Payroll Subscription Error PS036, then we can assist you. All you have to do is to read this article carefully till the end, or you can also seek for our help, in case you get stuck at any stage.
What leads to the QuickBooks payroll error PS036?
One can end up in this error due to the following reasons:
- In case the payroll subscription is expired or invalid or a damaged file in the CPS folder
- If the multiple payroll agreements are energetic with an inactive direct deposit settlement.
- Also, if the QuickBooks utility document paysub.ini is corrupted or broken.
- In case the status of the payroll subscription in the QuickBooks Desktop Service Keys screen appears as Invalid EIN Number or EIN additionally an explanation.
- The version of QuickBooks Desktop you are using doesn’t support your version of Windows operating software.
- If the service key isn’t right or the product is not updated
- In any case the company file PSID is no longer right.
- If the QuickBooks company is damaged.
Steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error PS036
In order to rectify the QuickBooks error PS036, make sure to perform the below set of measures:
Step 1: Check for QuickBooks payroll subscription
- First step is to Download and Install the latest version of QuickBooks desktop application and then the tax table release.
- Next step is to open the QuickBooks and Log in to the payroll service account.
- After that, it is required to move to the Employee, and My payroll services and then Account or billing information.
- Once done with that type the Login credentials and select sign in.
- Moving ahead, reboot the system and once again download the updates.
- The final step is to open the QuickBooks software and verify whether the issue is resolved or not.
If you are trying to deposit direct paychecks for the company, then avoid performing the steps.
Step 2: Change the name of Paysub.ini file
- Under this, users should note that the INI is a hidden file on Windows, to see this file initially, it is required to change the Settings of the Windows folder options.
- Next step is to select My computer and click on Organize.
- Once done with that click on the Folder and Search option and also select the View tab.
- Moving ahead, click on the Hidden files and Folders and select the Show hidden files, folders, and drivers option.
- Choose the Apply and OK tab.
- Move back to the My computer and in the search bar at the top find the Paystub.
- After you see the paystub.ini file, then right click the same and select Rename tab.
- Also, rename the File extension as .old from .ini file.
- Last step is to repeat the steps for all the paystub files found.
Step 3: Run Quick Fix my Program from QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks tool Hub combines all of the other tools into one program. This tool can be used to fix common errors or issues that may arise while using QuickBooks desktop.
- At first, you need to close your company file also the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub program. Save the file somewhere on your download folder.
- Now run the downloaded file to install and use the tool hub program.
- Next steps is to follow the on-screen instructions to install and to agree to Terms & Conditions.
- After that double-click the QuickBooks Tool hub icon once you are done.
- Next, choose Program Problems in the Tools Hub.
- Also select the Quick Fix my Program.
- Once done, open your data file in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, get the most recent tax tables.
By now, we believe that you might be well versed with the steps to fix the QuickBooks error message PS036. Whereas, if the error continues to trouble you, then we can help you. You can consult our team professionals using our QuickBooks payroll support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787 and let our experts and certified professionals resolve the issue for you. If you have any query, please don’t hesitate to contact us.