Learn how to use your QuickBooks Desktop from home and your office:
Are you looking for the process to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home and office? Well, in this situation majority of the people are working from home, and the major problem they face is setting up QuickBooks desktop to work from home. But need not to worry, as today we will be talking about the steps to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home. Accessing the company file would be easy once you carries out the required process. You can read this article ahead and find out the step by step process to set up the company file so that you access it from home.
However, you can also get in touch with our dedicated support team in case of any technical assistance, and our professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services.
You may also read: Resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor
Steps to Set up your QuickBooks company file so you can access it from anywhere
There are 4 options that can help you to access your QuickBooks desktop and company file from anywhere:
Option 1: Moving or installing QuickBooks on another system
The very first option is to move or install QuickBooks on another system. We have made it easy for you to move or reinstall the QuickBooks to another system. In case you prefer to install QuickBooks on the home system versus the office, the below steps should be opted:
- You need to move or reinstall QuickBooks desktop to another system using the migrator tool.
On the old system
- Firstly, move to the file menu from QuickBooks and select utilities tab and also choose move QuickBooks to another system.
- After that select I’m ready.
- And then create a one-time password.
- Also follow the on-screen prompts to select the USB flash drive that will be used and then wait for the files to be copied.
On the new system
- In this, you need to insert the USB flash drive. Due to windows security restrictions, the migrator tool won’t automatically launch.
- Then open the flash drive to view its files and then double click the file Move_QuickBooks.bat to start the migrator.
- After that enter the password that has been created and then select let’s go tab.
- Now wait for the migrator tool to finish.
- And then move the company files to another system.
- Under this, ensure to install QuickBooks desktop on the new system.
- And then follow the steps to create a backup company file on the original system.
- After saving the backup file, assign it a unique name, so it becomes easy to identify. This will also prevent the accidental overwrites.
- Now save the backup company to new system. You can either put the backup on a flash drive or an external device. Or you can share it if the system is on the same network.
- Follow the steps to restore the backup on the new system.
- And if you are making use of payroll, then it is important to download the latest tax table after moving the file.
- After that install QuickBooks desktop.
- The final step is to install and setup QuickBooks desktop for Mac.
Option 2: Setting up or opening a company file from the remote server
In order to access the QuickBooks desktop product and data file stored at a different location, you might require a hosting service. You can store the QuickBooks product and data file on a service provider’s servers. This permits you to use the QuickBooks securely, anywhere and anytime. As long as you are having the access to the internet, you can use a remote desktop connection.
Similar Article: How to Fix QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server error?
Option 3: Setting up or opening a company file from a remote system
For accessing the QuickBooks desktop data file stored at a different location, you might require a designated client system. You can also install the QuickBooks product on more than one system but only one system can access the data file at one time.
Carry out a couple of steps to access the data file remotely:
- You can open a company file located on the remote system.
- And installing QuickBooks database server manager.
- You can also map a network drive in windows.
- And check the recommended networks for QuickBooks.
Option 4: Switching the QuickBooks desktop to QuickBooks online
You can make a switch to QuickBooks online. This will make it easy for you to access the data file from any device with the internet access.
We have tried to summarize the entire process to set up QuickBooks to work from home. However, if you are stuck somewhere, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks Support team by means of our helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Our U.S. based accounting professionals will be happy to help you and will come up with the best possible support solutions for you.
More Helpful Resources