Learn how to use your QuickBooks Desktop from home and your office:
Are you looking for the process to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home and office? Well, in this situation majority of the people are working from home, and the major problem they face is setting up QuickBooks desktop to work from home. But need not to worry, as today, we will be talking about the process to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home. Accessing the company file would be easy once the user carries out the required process. You can read this article ahead and find out the step by step process to set up the company file so that you access it from home.
However, if you need any sort of technical assistance, then in that case you can get in touch with our dedicated support team, and our professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services.
You may also read: Resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor
Steps to Set up your QuickBooks company file so you can access it from anywhere
There are 4 options that can help you to access your QuickBooks desktop and company file from anywhere:
Option 1: Moving or installing QuickBooks on another system
The very first option for the user is to move or install QuickBooks on another system. We have made it easy for the user to move or reinstall the QuickBooks to another system. In case the user prefer to install QuickBooks on the home system versus the office, the below steps should be opted:
- The user needs to move or reinstall QuickBooks desktop to another system using the migrator tool
- On the old system
- The user needs to move to the file menu from QuickBooks and select utilities tab and also choose move QuickBooks to another system
- After that, the user needs to select I’m ready and then create a one-time password
- Also, follow the onscreen prompts to select the USB flash drive that will be used and then wait for the files to be copied
- On the new system
- In this, the user needs to insert the USB flash drive. Due to windows security restrictions, the migrator tool won’t automatically launch
- And then, open the flash drive to view its files and then double click the file Move_QuickBooks.bat to start the migrator
- After that enter the password that has been created and then select let’s go tab
- The user needs to wait for the migrator tool to finish.
- On the old system
- And then, move the company files to another system
- Under this, the user needs to ensure to install QuickBooks desktop on the new system
- And then, follow the steps to create a backup company file on the original system
- After saving the backup file, the user needs to assign it a unique name, so it becomes easy to identify. This will also prevent the accidental overwrites
- Now, save the backup company to new system. The user can either put the backup on a flash drive or an external device. Or the user can share it if the system is on the same network
- The user needs to follow the steps to restore the backup on the new system
- And if the user is making use of payroll, then it is important to download the latest tax table after moving the file
- After that, the user needs to install QuickBooks desktop
- The last step is to install and setup QuickBooks desktop for Mac
Option 2: Setting up or opening a company file from the remote server
In order to access the QuickBooks desktop product and data file stored at a different location, the user might require a hosting service. The user can store the QuickBooks product and data file on a service provider’s servers. This permits the user to use the QuickBooks securely, anywhere and anytime. As long as the user is having the access to the internet, he/she can use a remote desktop connection.
Similar Article: How to Fix QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server error?
Option 3: Setting up or opening a company file from a remote system
For accessing the QuickBooks desktop data file stored at a different location, the user might require a designated client system. The user can also install the QuickBooks product on more than one system but only one system can access the data file at one time.
The user can also carry out a couple of steps to access the data file remotely:
- The user can open a company file located on the remote system
- And installing QuickBooks database server manager
- The user can also map a network drive in windows
- And check the recommended networks for QuickBooks
Option 4: Switching the QuickBooks desktop to QuickBooks online
The user can make a switch to QuickBooks online. This will make it easy for the user to access the data file from any device with the internet access.
We have tried to summarize the entire process to set up QuickBooks to work from home. However, if you are stuck somewhere, or if you need any sort of assistance, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks Support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our accounting professionals and certified ProAdvisors will be happy to help you.
More Helpful Resources