Unexpected Error C=387 is one of the errors that bothers the QuickBooks users when working on the software or it’s updates. This error is usually occurs when the registry entry is corrupted or damaged. It is also possible to encounter this error because of template issues of invoices. As a result of this error, you are not able to perform QuickBooks conventional operations. It becomes very essential for us to determine the causes of this error and rectify it quickly as is possible. If you’re also experiencing the QuickBooks error code C=387, then reading the article ahead would be of great resource.
In this article, we’ll be discuss about the methods to fix the QuickBooks error C=387, along with the major causes of this error. Thus, scroll through the article and unleash the process to correct the error. However, if you require any technical assistance at any point of time, then don’t hesitate in discussing with us via our helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on us.
What Triggers to the QuickBooks error code C=387?
There can be a handful of factors that might end up in QuickBooks error code C=387. Let us explore some of the most common triggers to this error:
- In case any of the important file got deleted from the system or is missing.
- Incorrect installation of the QuickBooks application or drivers might lead to invalid entries on the system and might end up in causing issues under windows written account.
- If you failed to initialize and run traditional operations by the system or an application being corrupt and hamper the task.
- If many times the system closes improperly due to power breakdowns, improper systems shutdowns, etc.
- Another cause can be malware attack or virus intrusion.
You may also see: How to Install QuickBooks Enterprise for the First Time?
Solution methods for the QuickBooks error code C=387
Now that you are well versed with all important facts related to this QuickBooks error code C=387, it is the right time to find out the ideal solutions for the same. Let us have a look at the solutions one by one:
Method 1: Downloading the re-image tool
The reimage tool basically helps in boosting the performance as well as the speed of the system. You can make use of this tool by carrying out the steps below:
- Download the reimage tool from the manufacturer website. And then save the file on the desktop.
- Navigate to the file location and double click on it.
- The installation process will begin now. Select Yes.
- A welcome screen will be seen during the launch of the program.
- Un-check the checkbox and then an automatic scan will start. Press install tab.
- Reimage tool will install.
- The tool itself will download needed updates on the system.
- A preliminary scan will begin on the system, in order to determine the condition of the system.
- After the scan process ends, the tool will inform you regarding the damaged areas.
- Press start repair and reboot the system.
Method 2: Fix the template error
You are required to fix the template error, by carrying out the steps below:
- Navigate to the lists, templates option, in case the template option is inactive.
- Go for a template and press on option open forum.
- Repeat the steps till the template is showing an error. After that close the forum.
- Choose the template with the error which is in the templates window.
- Edit the templates and check that the error has bee fixed completely.
Method 3: Refreshing the system and Creating invoices
- Initially, go to the customers menu option and select create invoices.
- Select a template.
- Followed by adding customer, item, and amount information.
- Hit a click on the save tab and press delete tab.
- Hit OK tab and you are good to go.
Method 4: Repair QuickBooks desktop
The repair tool helps you in fixing installation issues. You will have to download the tool from the official manufacturer’s website and then carry out the steps below:
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks desktop.
- Open control panel on your system and navigate to the programs and features tab.
- Choose QuickBooks desktop and choose uninstall/repair option.
- Hit Next and then also click on Repair now option.
- Reboot the system and check if the error persists.
Method 5: Run the rebuild data utility
- Hit a click on the File tab at the top.
- Choose Utilities from the drop-down option.
- After that choose Rebuild Data.
- Click OK on Rebuild has completed.
After rebuilding data, we can close and reopen your file after revamp it.
Method 6: Fixing QuickBooks via Repair tool
The repair tool helps in fixing the installation issues. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- At first, download the repair tool from the manufacturer’s website.
- Double click the software’s icon and install the program.
- Click on start scan, which will scan the PC for any errors in QuickBooks desktop.
- Just in case the error report is found, you can hit a click on next and then click on repair now tab. This will repair the error present on the system.
- You need to ensure to reboot the PC so that changes can take effect.
As we all know that errors often limit the productivity of users and the business, considering which we’ve tried to summarize the solutions to the QuickBooks error code C=387 in this article. Therefore, we believe that after applying these methods, you might be able to get rid of this issue solutions.
However, in case you get stuck somewhere, or if you are seeking for technical assistance, then feel free to reach out to our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our U.S based certified ProAdvisors will be happy to assist you.
More helpful resources: