Unexpected Error C=387 is one of the errors that bothers the QuickBooks users while working on the software or its updates. This error is usually seen when the registry entry is corrupted. The user can also face such an error due to template issues of invoices. As a result of this error, the user is unable to run QuickBooks traditional operations. It becomes very essential for the user to spot the causes of such an error and fix it as soon as possible. If you are also facing the QuickBooks error code C=387, then reading the article ahead would be of great help.
In today’s article, we will be talking about the process to fix the QuickBooks error C=387, along with the major causes of this error. Thus, scroll through the article and unleash the process to fix the error. However, in case you need any technical assistance, at any point of time, then do not hesitate in discussing with us. You can simply contact us via our toll-free customer support number 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on us.
You may also see: How to resolve QuickBooks payroll error code 15215?
Triggers to the QuickBooks error code C=387
There can be a handful of factors that might end up in QuickBooks error C=387. Let us explore some of the most common triggers to this error:
- In case any of the important file got deleted from the system or is missing
- Incorrect installation of the QuickBooks application or drivers might lead to invalid entries on the system and might end up in causing issues under windows written account
- Also, if the user fails to initialize and run traditional operations by the system or an application being corrupt and hamper the task
- If many times the system closes improperly due to power breakdowns, improper systems shutdowns, etc.
- Another cause can be malware attack or virus intrusion
Solutions to the QuickBooks error code C=387
Now that you are well versed with all important facts related to this error, it is the right time to find out the ideal solutions for the same. Let us have a look at the solutions one by one:
Method 1: Downloading the re-image tool
The reimage tool basically helps in boosting the performance as well as the speed of the system. The user can make use of this tool by carrying out the steps below:
- First of all, download the reimage tool from the manufacturer website. And then save the file on the desktop
- The next step is to navigate to the file location and double click on it
- After which the installation process will begin. The user is then required to select Yes
- And then a welcome screen will be seen during the launch of the program
- Now, un-check the checkbox and then an automatic scan will start. Press install tab.
- And after that the reimage tool will install
- The tool itself will download needed updates on the system
- A preliminary scan will begin on the system, in order to determine the condition of the system
- After the scan process ends, the tool will inform the user regarding the damaged areas
- And then the user will have to press start repair
- Lastly, to end the process reboot the system
Method 2: Fix the template error
The user is required to fix the template error, by carrying out the steps below:
- For this, the user needs to navigate to the lists, templates option, in case the template option is inactive
- And then, select a template and press on option open forum
- After that, repeat the steps till the template is showing an error. After that close the forum
- And also select the template with the error which is in the templates window
- The last step is to edit the templates and check that the error has bee fixed completely.
Method 3: Creating invoices
- The very first step is to go to the customers menu option and select create invoices
- After that, select a template
- Followed by adding customer, item, and amount information
- The next step is to click the save tab
- And also, press delete tab
- Now, end the process by pressing OK tab
Method 4: Repair QuickBooks desktop
The repair tool helps the user in fixing installation issues. The user will have to download the tool from the official manufacturer’s website and then carry out the steps below:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks desktop
- And then, open control panel on your system and navigate to the programs and features tab.
- Now choose QuickBooks desktop and choose uninstall/repair option
- The next step is to hit next and then also click on repair now option
- Lastly, reboot the system and check if the error persists.
Method 5: Run the rebuild data utility
You need to take a backup of your QuickBooks data first before performing these steps below to save your company data if file damage occur.
- Click the File tab at the top.
- Select Utilities from the drop-down option.
- Choose Rebuild Data.
- Click OK on Rebuild has completed.
After rebuilding data, we can close and reopen your file after revamp it.
Method 6: Fixing QuickBooks via Repair tool
The repair tool helps in fixing the installation issues. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to download the repair tool from the manufacturer’s website
- After that, the user is required to double click the software’s icon and install the program
- The next step is to click on start scan, which will scan the PC for any errors in QuickBooks desktop
- In case the error report is found, the user can click on next and then click on repair now tab. This will repair the error present on the system
- The user needs to ensure to reboot the PC so that changes can take effect.
The errors often limit the productivity of the users and the business, considering which we have tried to summarize the solutions to the QuickBooks error code C=387 in this article. Thus, we expect that after implementing these methods, you might be able to get rid of the issue successfully.
However, in case you get stuck somewhere, or if you are seeking for technical assistance, then feel free to get in touch with our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified ProAdvisors will be happy to help you.
More helpful resources: