Everything you Need to know about QuickBooks Student Discount and it’s offers
It is often stated that QuickBooks software is used by accounting professionals and business owners across the globe, but there is a little change in this statement. QuickBooks is not only used by accounting professionals and business owners, but it is also used by many students who are pursuing courses based on accounting and bookkeeping or exploring various other finance subjects. If you are a student, and you are looking forward to purchase of QB software, then you should know a lot of things about QuickBooks Student Discount.
In today’s article, we will be discussing the various aspects related to QuickBooks student discount. However, for more details, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks validation errors?
QuickBooks Student Discount & Educational Free Version – An Overview
Students have to deal with various expenses such as lodging, study loans, etc. All these expenses might make it a bit challenging for them to buy QuickBooks accounting software. The QuickBooks student discount can be immensely valuable for those who might find buying QuickBooks a bit out of budget, due to high cost. The very first thing you need to decide which version you want for your studies. The reason behind this is that no two courses are same, this means that with the course the requirements might also vary. In case of any confusion, you can simply discuss it with your teachers.
After you are sure about the version, you need to look for stores to buy them. The students can either buy it via online platforms or offline platforms. Buying QuickBooks desktop software from online portals might save time as well as money. At the same time it is quite easy to use any online third party service providers, as it would offer certain key elements that would ease everything for you.
If you are a student and pursuing financial education, then there are a few things you need to consider to opt for QuickBooks student discount. The students can ask their teacher or instructor about the discount. as they might be well aware of the computer store or university bookstore offers discounts. The user might also directly contact the store and get the information regarding the offers. To choose the best deal, the user will have to compare all the offers.
Software providers that offer QuickBooks educational discount
There are certain software providers one can try to avail QuickBooks educational discount. Following are the software providers you need to check upon:
- Student Discounts- This website usually offers discounts to students, teachers, and schools on different software for about twenty-five years. The price that they offer for QuickBooks Pro 2011 version is $109.99 and the same is for QuickBooks Premier 2011 version.
- JourneyEd- This is basically an online store that not only sells software, but also a variety of other things. This includes, music, videos, electronic accessories, tablets, mobile devices, etc. They also offer QuickBooks training materials, along with QuickBooks software. The user can get Student discount on QuickBooks Accountant 2011 academic version, which might cost around $99.95. This version is crafted specifically for catering to the needs to accounting students.
What is Intuit Education Program?
A QuickBooks desktop edition is offered by Intuit for all students. Students are supposed to register for 5 months trial version for a discount, via the education program. An eligible student will then be allowed to download the 5 months free trial version of QuickBooks from the official portal. This program empowers both students and educators for advancing their tax, accounting, and other skills. The Intuit education program provides free one year subscription for the following software to students and educators in Canada-
- QuickBooks online plus and payroll
- QB online accountant
- QuickBooks desktop
- Premier Accountant with payroll
- Profile software
Read Also: Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 1321?
Are you eligible for QuickBooks student discount?
In order to qualify to avail QuickBooks student discount, the students must fulfill the below conditions:
- The student must be in an accredited primary or secondary school
- Or should be in public or private university or college
- School district or board of education
- Another option is that the student should be of accredited public or private school offering full-time instruction for students in grades k-12
- Student should be of any public or private college or university including community college, junior college, or vocational school.
Variations in prices on QuickBooks student discount
The students might witness certain variations in the prices on Student discount due to various reasons, a few of which are stated below:
Students might get the same application in different prices on the same platform, and the reason behind that is the difference in the number of features. Thus, it is important to analyze the features of the application, before investing in it.
Another reason behind variation in prices can be due to the version up-gradation. It is an undeniable fact that the newer version will definitely be costlier.
It is a commonly seen issue, the users face these days. The probability of encountering this issue depends upon the reliability scales of the portals that the students use for purchasing the software. In order to prevent from being trapped in such an issue, the students need to view the customer reviews and downloading certificates before making any decision.
Precautions to be taken
QuickBooks is not only effective business equipment, but also it offers an educational environment for the students. It should be noted that online portals offer numerous special offers and coupon code in order to make buying QuickBooks easier and approachable for students. The point to be noted here is that, just focusing on low prices is never a good practice for buying QuickBooks accounting software from any platforms.
To facilitate different things for students, certain offers and coupon codes are provided to them. Various online third party service providers offer attractive schemes to students. The students might face a variation in prices and offers, as offer policies are determined by individual third party structure.
The students might also have to face piracy issues on some third parties providers. The students should consult a professionals, in order to tackle these situations. Along with that, they are recommended to examine all the key factors of purchasing the software from any third party application source. Students might face certain variation in prices due to version upgrading. This simply means that different versions or the latest ones might have a slight change in their prices
Another important precaution is to consider less pricing reasons. Whether it is really an offer or just degradation of pricing with the features. This also depends upon the reliability of the third party service provider. The user should also mind on support and customer service skills of that third party service which they are using for purchasing the QuickBooks accounting software.
Prominent Platforms for buying QuickBooks software
Many students find it difficult to decide from where to buy QuickBooks software. Thus, in order to help the students to make a wise decision, we have jotted down a few of the prominent platforms to buy this software. Let us have a look at the list:
- Microsoft products: The Microsoft’s official portal with verified certificates and prices can be a great platform for the students to get QuickBooks software.
- Intuit’s official portal: Intuit’s official portal is one of the trusted platforms, where one can directly and easily get QuickBooks accounting software.
- Apple store: When it comes to this series, Apple is also in the list. Students can easily get QuickBooks software on the Apple’s official portal.
Opting for any of the above platforms can work well for students to get QuickBooks accounting software. The students might see a bit price variation in every platform. Thus, it is recommended to analyze every aspect before jumping on to any conclusion.
How to Register for QuickBooks Desktop student trial?
If you’re a current student at an accredited US educational institution, you can register for a student trial of QuickBooks Desktop. Here’s how to unlock your free license.
For registering QuickBooks desktop student trial, the user can carry out the steps below:
- First of all, navigate to the Intuit Education Program Website
- After that select register option
- And then, choose looking for QuickBooks desktop, under the Choose your software option
- Followed by selecting students and then filling out the registration form
- Now, select verify and continue and then the welcome to Intuit Education page will display
It should be noted that, if the welcome page doesn’t display, then the user needs to continue to the verification section. Or else, skip to activate QuickBooks desktop student trial.
Read this also: How to create a journal entry in QuickBooks desktop?
Installing steps for QuickBooks Desktop Student Trial
The user can install QuickBooks desktop student trial, by performing the steps below:
- The very first step is to open the email you received from Intuit verification and then select the please click here to download .exe file
Note: It should be noted that if the email is not received, then the user contact a professional.
- After that, choose download option.
- And also, close any open program, along with that select the setup_QuickBooks.exe
- The next step is to select yes to permit QuickBooks to make changes to the system
- After that when the download is complete, hit next on the Install Shield Wizard window
- Followed by selecting next and then review the license agreement
- The user is then required to opt for I accept the terms of the license agreement checkbox and then hit next
- Moving ahead, the user needs to enter the license and product number provided in the email and then hit next
- After that select the express and hit next
- Now, choose install and select open QuickBooks
- Lastly, hit OK button
Steps to Activate QuickBooks Desktop Student Trial
The very first time when the user opens up a company file in QuickBooks, he/she will be asked to activate the software. The user will have 30 days from the installation period to complete the task. The steps involved in the installation process are as follows:
- The very first step is to select activate
- And then, the user must create a login or use an existing Intuit login. If the user is having an existing Intuit Account, then the user needs to select create account
- Followed by entering all the required information for the customer account (the required fields are shown with asterisk *), and then hit next
- In the last step, the user will see a confirmation window. Where the user needs to print the page or save it a PDF file for the records.
QuickBooks Student discount can be very much helpful to the students in buying the QuickBooks without suffering much. However, in case of any query, students can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team and get answers to all their queries. All you need to do is make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our team will be there to assist you in a single call.
People also search for: