QuickBooks users have lately been impeded by a variety of different error codes, which not only prevent users from leveraging the features of the accounting software but also cause damage to important company files. As a frequent user of the QuickBooks Desktop accounting application are you looking for an easy procedure to rectify QuickBooks error 179 in QuickBooks? If yes, then reading this post till the end would work. QuickBooks error code 179 is seen when users try to log into the bank’s site on the system. As a result of this error code, users are unable to log in to the software. Users can also observe this issue after incorporating an Accountant’s Copy into the company file.
Due to the adverse impact that this error can have on the QuickBooks files, it is important to fix the QuickBooks error code 179. Fixing this error will remove any hindrance faced by users while using the banking services. To know more about QuickBooks error 179, users are suggested to read this article till the end.
What leads to QuickBooks Error Code 179?
QuickBooks users can end up with this annoying error due to other following reasons:
- One of the major causes can be if there are some issues in the reports, such as negative values on the invoice.
- If there is a bad network connection in the system, the error may show up.
- In case there are chances that the transactions are missing in QuickBooks.
- If a user uses the wrong credentials while logging in, that may also provoke the error code 179 in QuickBooks.
- If the system is infected with any virus attack.
- Lastly, the error may also pop up in case the user forgot to log out of the last session.
You may read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 179
The user can try fixing the QuickBooks error code 179 by performing the steps below:
1st Method: Repairing the Windows registry
- In this process, users should first click on the Start tab.
- After that enter command in the search bar and also click on enter tab.
- Once done with that, the next step is to type in regedit in the black box.
- And then, select the error 179 related key.
- Now, save the key information.
- And also, create a file and assign a name to it.
- The user should then select the reg extension and also save it.
- Users will now have to try to login into the bank website to ensure that the issue is fixed.
2nd Method: Clear the browsing data
An over-accumulation of browsing data may provoke the error code 179 in QuickBooks. Therefore, it is suggested that users should remove the browser data and then attempt logging into their bank account once again.
- Under this process, users should open Google Chrome and click on the three dots that are visible on the system screen.
- After that, delete the browsing history comprising the cache too.
- Users are finally required to log in again to the bank’s website.
3rd Method: Log out from the Online banking account
Another effective approach to fixing this snag is to log out of the previously logged-in account of the bank account and then again log in to the Online banking account.
- At first, users need to sign out of the bank website from all computer systems.
- And then check that no one is using the same credentials to log in.
- The last step is to log into the bank website as an admin.
4th Method: Update Bank in QuickBooks
- Initially, run QuickBooks and move to the tools tab.
- After that, the user needs to click on the online center.
- Thereafter, the user should select the financial institution and also click on the choice that he/she wishes to choose.
- After that, press Ctrl + F3 KEYS.
- The user will then have to move to the online center and also click on the contact info option.
- Refresh the financial institution.
- Users will then see the profile info on the screen.
- After that, the next step is to update QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, click on the update/send option.
- Enter the password if needed.
- After all these steps, the user should also update the account.
- The last step is to check if the issue is fixed.
5th Method: Use QuickBooks desktop file doctor
To fix this issue, we need to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve the company file issues that happens in QuickBooks Desktop.
- At first, close any open windows of QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that download QuickBooks Tool Hub program on the system.
- Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file in order to install the software.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the T&C of Intuit company.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub program.
- After that, from the tool hub program, select the Company File Issues option.
- Then hit a click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The file doctor tool may take up to 1 minute to open.
- Once done, in QuickBooks File Doctor tool, the user needs to choose the company file from the drop-down menu. Click Browse to search for the file.
- Now choose to Check the file and then hit a click on Continue.
- Now finally enter the password for QuickBooks admin and select Next.
With this, we come to the end of this article, where we hope that the information shared above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 179. In case there is any query, or if users are still unable to fix the issue even after performing the steps above, then it is recommended to contact our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787.