Want to know the procedure to fix QuickBooks error code 179 in QuickBooks? If yes, then reading this post till the end would work. QuickBooks error code 179 is seen when users tries to log into the bank’s site on the system. As a result of which user isn’t able to login the software. You can also see this issue after incorporating an Accountant’s Copy into then company file forces a rebuild for my company file.
It is important to fix the QuickBooks error code 179, so as to use the banking services as you used to use earlier. To know more about QuickBooks error message 179, you are suggested to read this article till the end.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 179?
You can end up in such an error due to other following reasons:
- One of the major causes can be if there are some issues in the reports, such as negative values on the invoice.
- If there is bad network connection in the system.
- In case there are chances that the transactions are missing in QuickBooks.
- If a user using wrong credentials
- If the system is infected with any virus attack.
- In case you forgot to log out of the last session.
You may read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006?
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 179
The user can try fixing the QuickBooks error code 179 by performing the steps below:
Method 1: Repairing the Windows registry
- In this process, you should click on the Start tab.
- After that enter command in the search bar and also click on enter tab.
- Once done with that, you should type in regedit in the black box.
- And then, select the error 179 related key.
- Now, save the key information.
- And also, create a file and assign a name to it.
- The user should then select the reg extension and also save it.
- You will now have to try to login into the bank website to ensure that the issue fixed.
Method 2: Clear the browsing data
- Under this process, you should open Google Chrome and click on the three dots that are visible to you on the system’s screen.
- After that, delete the browsing history comprising of the cache too.
- You should then login again to the bank’s website.
Method 3: Log out from online banking account
- At first, sign out of the bank website from all computer systems.
- And then check that no one is using the same credentials to log in.
- Last step is to log into the bank website as admin.
Method 4: Update Bank in QuickBooks
- Initially, run QuickBooks and move to the tools tab.
- After that click on the online center.
- You should then select the financial institution and also click on the choice you wish to choose.
- After that, press Ctrl + F3 KEYS.
- You will then have to move to the online center and also click on the contact info option.
- Refresh the financial institution.
- You will then see the profile info on the screen.
- After that update QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, click on the update/send option.
- Enter the password if needed.
- You should also update the account.
- The last step is to check if the issue is fixed.
Method 5: Use QuickBooks desktop file doctor
To fix this issue we need to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve the company file issues that happens in QuickBooks Desktop.
- At first, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that download QuickBooks Tool Hub program on your system.
- Run QuickBooksToolHub.exe file in order to install the software on your system.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the T&C of the Intuit company.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub program.
- After that from the tool hub program, select the Company File Issues option.
- Then hit a click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The file doctor tool may take up-to 1 minute to open.
- Once done, in QuickBooks File Doctor, choose your company file from the drop-down menu. Click Browse to search for your file.
- Now choose Check your file opt and then hit a click on Continue.
- Now finally enter your password for QuickBooks admin and select Next.
With this, we come to the end of this article, where we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 179. In case there is any query, or if you are unable to fix the issue even after performing the steps above, then it is recommended to contact our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787.