Get the latest methods to resolve QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An Unexpected Error:
QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 occurs when there is an issue with the .NET framework 4.0 in Windows 7. QuickBooks Event Id 4 is one such error that you may face very often. As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the best and widely used accounting software and has proved to be very useful for small and medium business. It helps them keep a track of their accounts seamlessly.
But many users face errors with QuickBooks that hampers their work and sometimes, lead to loss of company file and some other important data. In this case, it is important to find a solution as soon as possible.
When this error occurs, the following message appears on your desktop screen:
“QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
“An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE”
“An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: validation failed”
“Integration Manager couldn’t connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open: when it takes place”
“An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: SetNameDriverAndPort call failed”
“An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: OpenPrinter call failed”
Returning NULL QBWinInstance handle
Symptoms of QuickBooks Event Id 4
- QuickBooks hangs a lot.
- You might see unexpected event log error 4 repeatedly on your desktop screen:
- PC is working slow and responds to commands very late.
- Windows crashes again and again.
- QuickBooks accounting software has been crashed.
Causes of QuickBooks Event Log Error 4
- Window components are not functioning properly.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks file.
- Incomplete QuickBooks desktop installation.
- Windows .NET framework 4.0 SP 1 on a Windows 7 computer can cause this error.
- Some error in the Windows registry.
- QB files have been removed by some other program.
You may also see: What are the troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks error 6147, 0?
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Event Log Error 4
Firstly, checkout the following infographic image in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks event ID log error 4:
You can also follow the manual solution methods that are given below:
Method 1: Reinstall .NET Framework on Windows
- Open the Run Window and type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box. Click Enter key.
- As the new screen opens, click on Add/Remove under the Programs and featured list.
- Find Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 and click on it. If the latest version is available, locate it.
- Now, click Uninstall.
- Once it is uninstalled, restart your system.
- Open Run Windows again and type control panel.
- Again click on Add or Remove Windows feature located on the left side of the windows.
- From the list, click Microsoft. NET. Framework.
- Tick mark the first and second box.
- Click Ok.
- When it is done, click on ‘Finish’.
- Now, restart your system and open QuickBooks Integration Manager.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and Install it in your system.
- Follow the instructions given on your screen and install it.
- Once it is installed, exit all the applications running in the background.
- Run Install Diagnostic Tool to troubleshoot all your problems and then, restart your computer.
Read this Also: What are the uses of QuickBooks auto data recover function?
Method 3: Run Quick Fix my program from tool hub
- Firstly close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that download the QuickBooks tool hub program from here.
- After that run the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Now you need to click on Agree the terms and conditions option.
- Choose the destination folder in order to install the tool hub. Hit Next button again.
- After then, hit a click on Install button to start the installation process.
- QuickBooks tool hub program successfully installed on your system message appear on your desktop screen.
- After then double click on the tool hub icon and open the QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Now go to Program Problems tab and choose Quick Fix my Program option.
- Let the tool run. Once the process completes your issue will be resolved.
If the solutions given above do not help you resolve the QuickBooks Event Log Error 4, then you can get in touch with our accounting experts on our QuickBooks error support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts are readily available to help you with all your queries.
People also searched for: