Get the latest methods to resolve QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An Unexpected Error:
Event Log Error 4 shows up if there is an issue with the .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 7. It is a frequently recurring error that you keep annoying repeatedly. QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most popular and relied-upon accounting software that has proved immense utility for small and medium businesses. It assists firms in keeping a vigilant track of their accounts.
But many users face errors with QuickBooks desktop that hampers their work and sometimes lead to loss of company file and some other important data. In this case, it is important to find a solution as soon as possible.
When this error occurs, the following message appears on your desktop screen:
|QuickBooks Event ID 4:||An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.|
|Description||Event ID 4: An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE|
|Description||Returning NULL QBWinInstance handle|
|Problem||An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: OpenPrinter call failed|
|Description||Integration Manager couldn’t connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open: when it takes place.|
|Description||An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: SetNameDriverAndPort call failed|
|Event ID 4:||An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: validation failed|
Symptoms of QuickBooks Event Id Error 4
You may get one or more similar symptoms at the time QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 problem occurs:
- The QuickBooks Desktop software hangs repeatedly and you might see an unexpected event log error 4 on your desktop screen.
- The computer is running extremely slow and takes a long time to respond to commands.
- Windows crashes repeatedly.
- QuickBooks software experiencing repeated crashing.
Causes of QuickBooks Event Log Error 4
There are assorted reasons that may contribute to the Event log error 4 in QuickBooks. The most prominent ones are enlisted as follows:
- Windows components malfunctioning.
- Essential QuickBooks files being Damaged or corrupted for some reason.
- Incomplete/Unsuccessful QuickBooks desktop installation.
- Windows .NET framework 4.0 SP 1 on a Windows 7 computer can cause this error.
- Some error tampering with the Windows registry.
- Inadvertent deletion of essential QB files.
You may also see: Steps to Fix Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks Desktop
Here’s how you can fix QuickBooks Event id 4 Error in Windows
Firstly, checkout the following infographic image in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks event ID log error 4:
To get a thorough insight into the various troubleshooting methods to rectify the event log 4 error in QuickBooks, follow the brief yet invaluable walkthrough provided below:
Method 1: Reinstall .NET Framework on Windows
- Initially, Open the Run Window using the ‘Win + R’ short key.
- Afterward, type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box. Then, press the Enter key.
- On the new screen that opens, choose Add/Remove under the Programs and Features option.
- From the long list of programs that show on the screen, locate Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and click on it. If the latest version is available, locate it.
- Now, choose Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled successfully, restart your PC.
- Access the Run Window again and type Control Panel, followed by hitting the Enter key.
- Again jump into Add or Remove Windows feature located on the left side of the Windows.
- From the list, choose Microsoft. NET. Framework.
- Now tick mark the first and second box and then hit on OK.
- Once you perform all the previous steps, choose ‘Finish.’
- To conclude, reboot your system and open QuickBooks Integration Manager.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and Install it in your system.
- Complete the installation by following the directions on your screen.
- Exit any background applications once the installation is completed.
- Run the Install Diagnostic Tool and then restart your computer to troubleshoot the issue.
Read this Also: What are the uses of QuickBooks auto data recovery function?
Method 3: Run Quick Fix My Program from Tool Hub Program
- In the inception, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Subsequently, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program from here.
- Thereafter, run the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- You are now required to hit on Agree the terms and conditions option.
- Choose the Destination folder to install the tool hub. Hit the Next button again.
- After that, hit on the Install button to commence the installation process.
- QuickBooks tool hub program successfully installed on your system message appear on your desktop screen.
- Once you have implemented the foregoing steps and successfully installed the tool, double-click on the tool hub icon and launch the Tools Hub program.
- Now head to the Program Problems tab and choose the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Allow the tool to identify any issues and fix them. This may take considerable time to finish. Once the process completes, the QuickBooks event ID 4 Error must be uprooted.
Method 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
You can perform the steps below and try reinstalling QuickBooks using clean install tool. Before making use of the tool and performing the steps mentioned, it is suggested to create a backup of the company files. The reason being the tool will delete all of the QuickBooks data from the computer.
- To start with, You need to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed earlier.
- Subsequently, choose the Installation issues tab and then sail to the clean install tool.
- Afterward, click on I accept and choose the QuickBooks version you are currently using.
- Proceed ahead by choosing the Continue tab and then hit the OK button.
We have firm confidence that the troubleshooting avenues entailed in this article assisted you in resolving the QuickBooks Event Log Error 4. In case the solutions given above do not help you in fixing the same problem, then you can get in immediate touch with our accounting experts on our QuickBooks error support number, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our experts are readily available to provide you with unparalleled assistance in addressing all your queries.
QuickBooks Log 4 error is a technical snag in QuickBooks that appears due to a corrupted .NET Framework.
The Event ID 4 error typically occurs in the following versions of QuickBooks:
QuickBooks Desktop 2018, QuickBooks Desktop 2017, QB Desktop 2016
This error is related to the Microsoft .NET Framework, which is used by QuickBooks to run certain components of the software.
When a QuickBooks Event Log ID 4 error occurs, you may see one of the following error messages:
1. “An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle”
2. “Unhandled Exception Caught! Exiting application…”
3. “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
4. “Exception in the file [path and filename]”
5. “Application has generated an exception that could not be handled”
These error messages typically appear when there is an issue with the Microsoft .NET Framework, which is used by QuickBooks to run certain components of the software.
This error can be resolved by performing the below-given methods:
1: Repair/Reinstall.NET Framework.
2: Run QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool.
3: Run the Quick Fix My Program feature.
4: Clean Install QuickBooks.
People also searched for: